Proposal: Boston - Colorado

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Jeez. Apparently I haven't been following Iggy close enough since he left Boston. Yikes

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
He's 100% useless without the puck on his stick in the offensive zone.

And even then, he's primarily the trigger man on the point during the PP. That's basically all he does effectively. Teams figure out that the Avs PP strategy is to get Iggy the puck on the left point, the Avs can't adapt and spend the entire PP trying to confuse the other team by over passing.

I love Iggy, but he does not belong on the Avs.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I really wish the Avs could leverage this perception that Iggy is still worth anything into an asset.

Most Bruins fans don't see Hayes as an asset. He's the embodiment of all evil in the world to some and needs to be gone ASAP (in the minds of some).

I've seen this before in all sports in this town, and as soon as he is gone and has a rebound year and the asset received for him proves to be utterly useless, people will bemoan selling him low.

It's what we do.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Most Bruins fans don't see Hayes as an asset. He's the embodiment of all evil in the world to some and needs to be gone ASAP (in the minds of some).

I've seen this before in all sports in this town, and as soon as he is gone and has a rebound year and the asset received for him proves to be utterly useless, people will bemoan selling him low.

It's what we do.

That he's cheaper than Iginla is enough reason for me to view him as an asset.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if boston can improve their defense... yes... iginla is so close to the end i wouldnt want to waste his last days on a rebuilder.

i wonder if he shouldnt be traded to edmonton? he already has experience with lucic. he can be a great role model for mcdavid

maybe this tread should be yakapov for iginla and future considerations

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Iggy hasn't been anything but a slow perimeter player since the end of his Calgary days. He wasn't that great on Pittsburgh even though it could be argued he was misused by Bylsma on his off wing and received diminished PP time even though their power play was working at the time. He shipped off to Boston and did okay with Lucic and Krejci, but he didn't drive the line in any way. He basically drifted around waiting for the puck to come to him and lost a boat load of board battles or 50/50 pucks because he's just too slow now to get position on the boards. Wasn't surprised to see him continue down that path in Colorado, he's basically been invisible on the ice as others have mentioned without the puck on his stick in the offensive zone. I don't think they can even break out of their d-zone on his boards. He's been done as an elite player for a while. I think he retires after his contracts up in Colorado.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Iggy hasn't been anything but a slow perimeter player since the end of his Calgary days. He wasn't that great on Pittsburgh even though it could be argued he was misused by Bylsma on his off wing and received diminished PP time even though their power play was working at the time. He shipped off to Boston and did okay with Lucic and Krejci, but he didn't drive the line in any way. He basically drifted around waiting for the puck to come to him and lost a boat load of board battles or 50/50 pucks because he's just too slow now to get position on the boards. Wasn't surprised to see him continue down that path in Colorado, he's basically been invisible on the ice as others have mentioned without the puck on his stick in the offensive zone. I don't think they can even break out of their d-zone on his boards. He's been done as an elite player for a while. I think he retires after his contracts up in Colorado.

This is exactly what hes done here in Colorado, and it's gotten worse.

The most frustrating thing is he will have a few games throughout the year that remind you of the old Iginla. So it makes you think he is actually ****ing with you and does not give two *****.

He CAN back check, and he CAN play physical, and he CAN win board battles, but he has to actually skate hard and compete.

It's like.... How do I call this future HOF player a lazy POS? He has to be just declining, until he just decided to show up for a game or two. You're like wtf was that, how do we get more of it?

It's also clear he does not give two ***** about chasing a cup, and is happily retired on the roster in Colorado. Or he'd waive his NMC. That's not really an attitude you want the younger players around.

For the leadership talk, he comes off as a nice guy that has about as much passion as a wet noodle at this point.

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
I don't care how slow he is and how many board battles he loses. If Iggy can put up 40 points and fill a weak RW spot on the Bruins I'm taking him 100% of the time. He scored 30 his last season here and he's a fantastic locker room guy. I'd be all for this trade. Hayes isn't worth a thing as an asset. Hated giving up Reilly Smith for him, and that's not bemoaning the past. Hated it then too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad