Proposal: Boston - Calgary

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Thats what both sides normally say in these situations when the value is close.

And this situation you've seen zero Flames fan say this is fair, and somehow you think we're all hinting that its close? You're crazy bud

Just look up, you'll see a Canucks fan saying its unfair for the Flames, a Flyers fan who thinks its unfair for the Flames...
If you think this is fair take Backlund and a 4th for DeBrusk and a 1st, then we'll trade you Bennett and our 1st for DK and Frederic and the 4th or whatever the offer was

Reactions: Luckylarry

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Lol what horrible value for Calgary. An equivalent deal would be Backlund and a 4th for Debrusk and a 1st. Would you make that deal OP?
Backlund has never been close to the player Krejci is, and you're completely ignoring the top prospect involved. Nice try though.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Haven't posted a trade proposal in years, but this current Bruins debacle has me wondering about shaking the team up/retooling a bit. Here's an idea:

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

Calgary gets a proven playoff performer to hopefully make a better run next year. Has chemistry with Lucic, but ideally they're likely not on the same line. Frederick was a first round pick, and could eventually bring what Bennett currently does. Could play in the NHL now, but likely better suited as depth in the minors on a contender.

Boston gets younger at center, and gets some size and physicality.

What do we think?
Bad,,,the Flames are not going to give up a 1st and Bennett to get significantly older and more cap hit...

The thing with Bennett is if they decide to move on from him...they would be better off waiting until the trade deadline and selling him to a contender....Blake Colemen returned a top prospect and a 1st...I think because of Bennett's playoff performances he could attract at least that

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Thats what both sides normally say in these situations when the value is close.
they do but in this case it really isn't close at all...Krecji is 35 and is signed for 1 year at 7.25 M per.. he is not worth Bennett and a 1st even with a former 2016 29th overall pick included...

though it would be intriguing to start to accumulate all of those St Louis born 2016 1st round draft picks....since we have 1 already

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bond

May 10, 2012
Maybe at the deadline if the Flames felt like they were a rental away they would trade a first but definitely not now and with Bennett included

Reactions: Guttersniped

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Haven't posted a trade proposal in years, but this current Bruins debacle has me wondering about shaking the team up/retooling a bit. Here's an idea:

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

Calgary gets a proven playoff performer to hopefully make a better run next year. Has chemistry with Lucic, but ideally they're likely not on the same line. Frederick was a first round pick, and could eventually bring what Bennett currently does. Could play in the NHL now, but likely better suited as depth in the minors on a contender.

Boston gets younger at center, and gets some size and physicality.

What do we think?
Unfortunately it really doesn't help Calgary in the long run and doesn't fill their real needs. If you are really sold on Bennett I want to counter-offer you this trade proposal that I think would make Calgary accept. Before I go any further, I am being quite honest about this proposal so don't think otherwise.

We'll take Krejci but we are tight against the cap so it would have to be at 50% retained no questions asked. You have to eat $3.625 million of that contract but for one year mind you.

Frederic is a nice piece but it really doesn't do much for us. Who I would want instead is Jack Studnicka. I know that he's your best prospect but we sure would like him a lot more than Frederic.

I really don't care about the 4th round pick and if you want to keep it that's fine.

Now this is the player that I would really love to see in a Flames uniform, and really is the centerpiece of the deal, is Brandon Carlo. He will replace Hamonic as our shut down RHD.

In return you get Sam Bennett (trust me when I tell you that most fan bases of teams who are playoff contenders but can't get over that hump are asking about him) who is a good player contrary to what people outside of Calgary will tell you. I think that Marchand could teach him a lot more than Bennett already knows and would be great at becoming Marchand 2.0 but I'm sure you guys already know this.

I will also send you Jakob Pelletier who is a LW and was drafted in 2019 26th overall. He is a few years away from playing in the NHL (2021-22 is the current projection)

The 1st pick in 2020 just isn't possible but you can have the 2020 3rd pick instead along with a 2021 1st round pick that is lottery protected. Now if you can't get that pick it will go to 2022 for an unprotected 1st.

BUT, if Calgary doesn't make the playoffs in 2021 and you do, we want your 2021 and if we don't make the playoffs in 2022 and you do, we want your 2022 1st round pick.

To sum the trade it would look like this:

Boston
Kreji @$3.625 million (basically a cap dump)
Carlo (the centerpiece of the deal)
Studnicka (he would fit in with Calgary eventually)
Conditional 2021 1st pick (highly unlikely we get that)
Conditional 2022 1st pick (highly unlikely we get that either)

Calgary
Sam Bennett
Jakob Pelletier
2020 3rd round pick
Conditional 2021 1st round pick

So what do you think about that offer?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Unfortunately it really doesn't help Calgary in the long run and doesn't fill their real needs. If you are really sold on Bennett I want to counter-offer you this trade proposal that I think would make Calgary accept. Before I go any further, I am being quite honest about this proposal so don't think otherwise.

We'll take Krejci but we are tight against the cap so it would have to be at 50% retained no questions asked. You have to eat $3.625 million of that contract but for one year mind you.

Frederic is a nice piece but it really doesn't do much for us. Who I would want instead is Jack Studnicka. I know that he's your best prospect but we sure would like him a lot more than Frederic.

I really don't care about the 4th round pick and if you want to keep it that's fine.

Now this is the player that I would really love to see in a Flames uniform, and really is the centerpiece of the deal, is Brandon Carlo. He will replace Hamonic as our shut down RHD.

In return you get Sam Bennett (trust me when I tell you that most fan bases of teams who are playoff contenders but can't get over that hump are asking about him) who is a good player contrary to what people outside of Calgary will tell you. I think that Marchand could teach him a lot more than Bennett already knows and would be great at becoming Marchand 2.0 but I'm sure you guys already know this.

I will also send you Jakob Pelletier who is a LW and was drafted in 2019 26th overall. He is a few years away from playing in the NHL (2021-22 is the current projection)

The 1st pick in 2020 just isn't possible but you can have the 2020 3rd pick instead along with a 2021 1st round pick that is lottery protected. Now if you can't get that pick it will go to 2022 for an unprotected 1st.

BUT, if Calgary doesn't make the playoffs in 2021 and you do, we want your 2021 and if we don't make the playoffs in 2022 and you do, we want your 2022 1st round pick.

Boston

Calgary
Sam Bennett
Jakob Pelletier
2020 3rd round pick

This is just over the top complicated for no reason.

Still no from me as a Flames fan.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
This is just over the top complicated for no reason.

Still no from me as a Flames fan.
I would take Carlo and Studnicka for Bennett any day, all day. Carlo fills an important need. Studnicka is suppose to be 2020-21 ready. Bennett fills an important need for Boston. The rest is just to balance things out.

Side note: I am only including Kreji as a cap dump. I really don't care if he's included. As for the conditional picks from Boston, that's not important as long as we only give up a 2021 2nd rounder instead of a 1st.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I would take Carlo and Studnicka for Bennett any day, all day. Carlo fills an important need. Studnicka is suppose to be 2020-21 ready. Bennett fills an important need for Boston. The rest is just to balance things out.

Side note: I am only including Kreji as a cap dump. I really don't care if he's included. As for the conditional picks from Boston, that's not important as long as we only give up a 2021 2nd rounder instead of a 1st.
Sure as shit we'd like Carlo, he's an amazing d-man that you don't get for Sam Bennett as the main piece going back. Sure, Boston would love Bennett but not for Carlo lmao. That's like Debrusk for Andersson and Backlund dawg

Reactions: TBF1972

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Sure as shit we'd like Carlo, he's an amazing d-man that you don't get for Sam Bennett as the main piece going back. Sure, Boston would love Bennett but not for Carlo lmao. That's like Debrusk for Andersson and Backlund dawg
I guess there isn't a deal to be made between Calgary and Boston. You are getting picks and Pelletier to make up for the difference along with taking Kreji as a cap dump (yes he's still doing well but I don't see that translating well for Calgary). That in itself has to be worth something dude.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Krejci is a bit too "proven". IE he's old and the answer is no.

Calgary is also trading one of their best playoff performers. Makes no sense. Krejci comes with a 7.25 million dollar cap hit, which the Flames cannot take on. Krejci, assuming he plays well next year, has a lot more value at the deadline. With the flat cap, I'd say his value currently is negative.

He had a great series against Carolina, but that cap hit is quite large.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Big fan of Krejci but this really makes no sense for the Flames. As much as it feels like Bennett has been around forever he's still only 24 years old. Hopefully he proved this playoffs that he is ready for more icetime and responsibility. The Flames have never really given him any kind of sustained opportunity in the top 6.

Calgary's 1st rounder might be in play but I can guarantee you it won't be for a guy in his mid 30s with one year left on his deal.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
What an absolute joke of a proposal. Maybe you’ve been quarantined too long. Bennett is very undervalued and seriously Flames are not a rental away from winning the cup and our prospect pool is thin. Makes less than zero sense for them.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Except it's not though. Losing Pelletier and a conditional first still sucks too. We'll need our ELC's and Pelletier is looking good.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
Except it's not though. Losing Pelletier and a conditional first still sucks too. We'll need our ELC's and Pelletier is looking good.
I know but Carlo would look so freaking good on the blueline and he's only 23 years old, 6'5", 212lbs and still a RFA at the end of his contract. I know it's a gamble but one I'm willing to do. Also, Studnicka is rated higher than Pelletier by Hockey News and is NHL ready next season. I know others may disagree with my Studnicka analyst but still. And I am not giving a 2020 1st either.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

If Studnicka and Carlo are going to the Flames, it's for Bennett and Hanafin. Carlo is a top shut down, right shot defenseman in the league right now. My original proposal sucked, but this is a new level of unrealistic.

Sam Pollock

Mar 1, 2013
Calgary
If Studnicka and Carlo are going to the Flames, it's for Bennett and Hanafin. Carlo is a top shut down, right shot defenseman in the league right now. My original proposal sucked, but this is a new level of unrealistic.
Your second offer is much better but you are not giving me enough for the two. On a side note, thanks for admitting that your original offer sucked.:laugh:

Reactions: UConn126

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Boston

Calgary
Sam Bennett
Jakob Pelletier
2020 3rd round pick

I think you can take that offer and put it where the sun don't shine.........Boston should not even consider this.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
lol. Gimme a break. Cherry picking a little bit here.
This is bad for calgary.

How is it cherry picking? Bennet hasn't scored more than 30 points for like 4 seasons in a row now, and was pacing for his worst year yet this season...

Some massive overating of Bennett going on here after a couple good playoff games. He's had 3rd/4th line production for a long time now

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lol what horrible value for Calgary. An equivalent deal would be Backlund and a 4th for Debrusk and a 1st. Would you make that deal OP?
Debrusk had almost as many goals as Bennett had points... Krejci is also better than Backlund

What a terrible comparison you just tried

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad