Proposal: Boston - Calgary

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Haven't posted a trade proposal in years, but this current Bruins debacle has me wondering about shaking the team up/retooling a bit. Here's an idea:

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

Calgary gets a proven playoff performer to hopefully make a better run next year. Has chemistry with Lucic, but ideally they're likely not on the same line. Frederick was a first round pick, and could eventually bring what Bennett currently does. Could play in the NHL now, but likely better suited as depth in the minors on a contender.

Boston gets younger at center, and gets some size and physicality.

What do we think?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lol @ the first round pick going to the Bruins.

Krejci has been a really underrated player, but that ship has sailed

Ledge And Dairy

Thinking Flames would spend that 7.25m (plus) on Hall rather than Krejci.
Definitely agree with this, keep Bennett (who has once again proven he is a playoff monster), keep the first, take a run at Hall. I am curious on how that would effect their PP though, who would they move to the 2nd one? Try a 5 forward PP with 2-way forward Lindholm running the point? A couple teams have already tried it

Reactions: Flyer lurker

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Haven't posted a trade proposal in years, but this current Bruins debacle has me wondering about shaking the team up/retooling a bit. Here's an idea:

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

Calgary gets a proven playoff performer to hopefully make a better run next year. Has chemistry with Lucic, but ideally they're likely not on the same line. Frederick was a first round pick, and could eventually bring what Bennett currently does. Could play in the NHL now, but likely better suited as depth in the minors on a contender.

What do we think?

Can't you guys just slowly burn out this year and fade away for the next 5 years? :sarcasm:
Trade Bergeron to FLA, Krejci to BUF and send Chara home.

Reactions: UConn126

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Bennett struggles in the regular season (playing wing vs center) but is absolute money in the playoffs. We also finally have a coach and understanding to play him at centre where he feels more comfortable and does better, so he might grow a ton playing full time C.

As many others have mentioned, no disrespect to Krejci, but this isn't a responsible move for Calgary who wants to maximize contention in the next few seasons and beyond.

Reactions: Sam Pollock

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

What do we think?

Its actually a pretty even deal.

Krejci is a playoff hero and still possess elite level playmaking skills. He has been a stud again this year and thats with a streaky player in DeBrusk and a non factor in Kase who appears to have no finish to this point.

Frederick is a 1st round pick that the Bruins have groomed and is ready to make the jump. Big, physical, and some skill. The Bruins appear to be on the end of their current window and a young cost controlled pivot is very appealing.

4th - Cause its one of the only picks the Bruins have. lol.

Bennett is for sure a Bruins/Flames type of player and had a nice run this year. Seems to check all the boxes.

1st round pick, bottom third of the round and its a crap shoot but still a great asset.

I would have to be sold on the pick as a Bruins fan because I don't want to give up DK46 or Frederick even though the package is appealing.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

What do we think?
Hard pass. Try not to do the Flames any more favours. Thanks.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018

To Calgary:
Krejci
Frederick
4th round pick

To Boston:
Bennett
1st round pick

What do we think?
Why trade the only non p***y player in the bruins organization frederic,krejci's time to go away i agree!

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I wouldn't trade Bennett and a 5th for tgat package, if you want to pawn off DK, just say so, ill give you Ryan and a 3rd/2nd 21 based off of DK's production during the season(50 points+ you get the 2nd, less than 49 points its a 3rd) :) deal or no deal?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Its actually a pretty even deal.

Krejci is a playoff hero and still possess elite level playmaking skills. He has been a stud again this year and thats with a streaky player in DeBrusk and a non factor in Kase who appears to have no finish to this point.

Frederick is a 1st round pick that the Bruins have groomed and is ready to make the jump. Big, physical, and some skill. The Bruins appear to be on the end of their current window and a young cost controlled pivot is very appealing.

4th - Cause its one of the only picks the Bruins have. lol.

Bennett is for sure a Bruins/Flames type of player and had a nice run this year. Seems to check all the boxes.

1st round pick, bottom third of the round and its a crap shoot but still a great asset.

I would have to be sold on the pick as a Bruins fan because I don't want to give up DK46 or Frederick even though the package is appealing.

Not fair at all for Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad