GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - POSTPONED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ah you Americans! Know what we call blizzards like this in Canada? Saturday!

But seriously, be safe everyone

meunier33

Jan 15, 2009
Santiago DR
They should refund all tickets and have it be open seating at the box office. Especially with the T not operating today.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The storm will be long over by 7pm.

EDIT - or at least the worst of it.

There's no public transportation, and there's a travel ban....doesn't matter that the storm will be over, it's a mess down here.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
NECN just reported game may be cancelled. Decision to be made around noon.

If I did all that work on Sundays GDT for nada' :rant: , someones gonna get hurt

I can see Saturday's game be played because TB is in Boston already but with The Herd in
Jersey tonight and the Bruins trying to shuffle off to Buffalo , crapshoot IMO

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If I did all that work on Sundays GDT for nada' :rant: , someones gonna get hurt

I can see Saturday's game be played because TB is in Boston already but with The Herd in
Jersey tonight and the Bruins trying to shuffle off to Buffalo , crapshoot IMO

No workers can get to the Garden so they will have to cancel.

You did an excellent job on the GDT !!!

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
I can see tomorrow's game in Buffalo (no way to get there) and even Tuesday nights game against the Rangers being in trouble.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Based on the remaining season's calendar, it will be very difficult to make up this game if it is cancelled. I assume the players of TB and BOS are close enough to be able to make it to the Garden. Could they just play the game and make it closed off to fans, then refund people with tickets? I know there is still some support staff needed to have a game even if there are no fans, so maybe they cannot get to the Garden, making it impossible to have a game anyway. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
The travel ban is for normal people and not the people who remove snow from the roads/tracks, who have presumably been working throughout. If those guys did their jobs right, the roads should be able to be reopened late afternoon or early evening, even if the snow hasn't completely stopped by then.

They have, realistically, about 5 hours to get it done and the snow is tapering off.

reidy

@reidjjackson
Based on the remaining season's calendar, it will be very difficult to make up this game if it is cancelled. I assume the players of TB and BOS are close enough to be able to make it to the Garden. Could they just play the game and make it closed off to fans, then refund people with tickets? I know there is still some support staff needed to have a game even if there are no fans, so maybe they cannot get to the Garden, making it impossible to have a game anyway. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I don't see why you'd close the game off to fans, just let those with tickets who can make it in allowed in. I plan on being there and I know many of my friends do also.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't see why you'd close the game off to fans, just let those with tickets who can make it in allowed in. I plan on being there and I know many of my friends do also.

Well, I was considering that the authorities might not want a lot of people traveling. Allowing fans in would only encourage people to take unnecessary risk in getting to the game (not everyone has common sense when it comes to traveling in large amounts of snow). Also, if you allow fans into the game you would need to have security workers, concessions workers, etc. Not sure they could get them all to the Garden. That's the basis of my suggestion.

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
Anyone remember the game back in the Dale/Gordie days when Gordie was late due to snow? Wasn't as bad as this but still pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad