GDT: Boston Bruins v New York Rangers - 2/12/13 - 730p EST - NBCSN, NESN(TV) 98.5FM(Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
O, my. Bossing the fans around now, ah? Quit telling us what to do!!

By the by, I wholeheartedly disagree. If the powerplay stinks, rain it down on ´em. If the coaches can´t get into their brains and sticks, maybe the fans can.

I´ll probably miss this one. Go get ´em, boys.

LET´S GO BRUINS!!

lemme guess - are you one of THOSE guys who tries to get the whole section to get up and cheer on our boys at a Pats game when Brady is approaching the center to try and go for it on 4th down? :laugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Lundqvist is a great goalie-although not invincible.

I think the Rangers are one of those teams that needed some time to get going, but there is enough talent on the team to make them difficult.

The key for the Bruins is forechecking IMO. If they forecheck hard, and create some space they can find some holes to shoot the puck.

I am curious to see if Torts lets the Rangers be a little more puck possession, or insists on collapse and block shots (and I admit I really hate the collapse and block shots style of hockey even if it does work).

I hate it that I am going to miss the first period or so.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
O, my. Bossing the fans around now, ah? Quit telling us what to do!!

By the by, I wholeheartedly disagree. If the powerplay stinks, rain it down on ´em. If the coaches can´t get into their brains and sticks, maybe the fans can.

I´ll probably miss this one. Go get ´em, boys.

LET´S GO BRUINS!!

Yup, the players have no idea at all that the PP is struggling - they really need the fans to let them know. And booing the PP will keep them from gripping their sticks too tight! It's a great way to help your team win! :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Actually, their PP blows more than ours, so you all may even be treated to a shorty.

So both team's fans will gladly use any PP opportunities as snack/bathroom breaks.

Lately there are times when I wish we could just decline the penalty.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Go ahead and put me in the camp that likes to play the Rangers. I was brought up playing defense on defensively-minded teams, so I do appreciate the challenge a team like the Rangers brings to the Bruins. Plus, they've been a good, contending team at the end, and I like to see where we stand up against them. A nice blowout every so often is better for my blood pressure, but I know the Bruins could well likely face the Rangers in the 'offs (or a Jersey, at this rate) or any other team with a stifling "boring" defense, so you gotta know what that's gonna look like.

It's a chess match, to me. I dig it.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
So both team's fans will gladly use any PP opportunities as snack/bathroom breaks.

Lately there are times when I wish we could just decline the penalty.

oh i've been saying for years now we should just trip somebody up in the 1st 10 seconds and play 4 on 4.

I'd love to see Segs on the PK against this PP.

As far as the PP - 4th line, Ference and A. Johnson, profit. (did i do that correctly?)

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Go ahead and put me in the camp that likes to play the Rangers. I was brought up playing defense on defensively-minded teams, so I do appreciate the challenge a team like the Rangers brings to the Bruins. Plus, they've been a good, contending team at the end, and I like to see where we stand up against them. A nice blowout every so often is better for my blood pressure, but I know the Bruins could well likely face the Rangers in the 'offs (or a Jersey, at this rate) or any other team with a stifling "boring" defense, so you gotta know what that's gonna look like.

It's a chess match, to me. I dig it.

i'm guessing any team we play in round 1 (IF we make it. i'll be damned if i'm the one that jinxes them) will take a look at the game film from last years series against the Washington Hunters.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys, I feel like you are our "inexplicably awful PP" brothers. You guys feel our pain like no one else! So much talent on both teams and they're what both bottom 3 in the league on the PP? Last game, it was unbelievable we dominate TB the entire game, then (with the exception of the first PP), we go on the PP and it's like the 3 stooges out there, they forget how to play hockey.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I liked Seguin with Krejci-wonder if the switch back is for Horton, because Seguin IMO had one of his best games against Buffalo.

oh i've been saying for years now we should just trip somebody up in the 1st 10 seconds and play 4 on 4.

This is what my daughter insists should be the PP strategy. Take a quick penalty and go 4 on 4, because the team plays 4 on 4 better than it does on the PP.

I think Claude should just send a regular line with 2 defensemen and tell them to pretend like it is 5 on 5. I think there is a coaching problem, but I also think there is a huge mental problem when it come to the PP-they just seem to turn into a different team on the PP. Other teams are aggressive and active on the PP, and the Bruins just seem to be passive and anemic.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I liked Seguin with Krejci-wonder if the switch back is for Horton, because Seguin IMO had one of his best games against Buffalo.

This is what my daughter insists should be the PP strategy. Take a quick penalty and go 4 on 4, because the team plays 4 on 4 better than it does on the PP.

I think Claude should just send a regular line with 2 defensemen and tell them to pretend like it is 5 on 5. I think there is a coaching problem, but I also think there is a huge mental problem when it come to the PP-they just seem to turn into a different team on the PP. Other teams are aggressive and active on the PP, and the Bruins just seem to be passive and anemic.

Fire Geoff Ward, hire princess TCL40. :handclap:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rangers missing Calaghan helps but just got Girardi back.They looked good last game so Bruins better ber ready. And for heavens sake,shut that Gabby down,he the one always kills Bruins.Hit him hard thanks.:) Go Bruins.

TheFerenceWheel

The Excellence of Execution
May 2, 2011
South Shore, MA
Wouldn't it funny if THIS was the game the Bruins get a blowout victory in? I know that's extremely unlikely against a team as sound defensively as the Rangers, but it would be ironic.

I'm seeing in the ole crystal ball a 4-2 Bruins victory.

Bruins - Seguin, Peverley, Lucic, Krejci
Rangers - Nash (2)

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I looked at the PP TOI for last game against Buffalo. Overall the ice time was spread out relatively even to all skaters on the PP.
Now, it might not be rocket science, but I feel why not give Seguin, Krejci, etc significant PP time. Almost Kovalchuk status, out there for almost the whole PP. I know this would mess with ice time distribution for Julien later in the games, but when your down 1, or need to go up 1 or 2, why wouldn't you want to leave Seguin on the ice for an extra minute vs putting Bourque(or any non go to) out there?

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Rangers missing Calaghan helps but just got Girardi back.They looked good last game so Bruins better ber ready. And for heavens sake,shut that Gabby down,he the one always kills Bruins.Hit him hard thanks.:) Go Bruins.

Callahan came back and played Sunday for them, did he get hurt again?

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
The Krejci Seguin Lucic line could have easily had like 3 or 4 goals vs Buffalo if Miller wasn't playing so good. Hopefully they don't break them up.

Heard on the 98.5 headlines that Seguin is back with marchand and bergeron. according to the Bruins blog in the globe, he's still with Krejci. Who knows. They need to get Seguin going. The few times he played with Krejci and Looch last year he lit it up, most noteably 10/20 vs Tor and 3/1 vs NJ

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
In terms of lineup, Coach said 19 & 18 are "interchangeable...could be temporary, could be for a while...gives us some different options"^CS

Some folks I think need to relax a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad