Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - Part III

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm I the only one that seen Hamilton take an elbow last night ?? looked to me as a head shot :nod:

OF coarse know one calls out Ference either :(

stafford1.gif

No call. The officiating was awful in that game.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I get a chuckle at the thought that because of John Scott this team is now concerned about Colton frickin Orr running amok on them. Thornton got beat by a mutant, it really didn't have an impact on the game, a brutal penalty to put the team on a 5 on 3 swung the momentum. The only difference is the Sabres have slightly more of a spine this year, still aren't any tougher than the Rags or Flyers or Sens etc.

The thing I take from last night's game is that Buffalo has a god-awful defense. B's could have 7-8 goals themselves. And, you know the Bruins will not play a poorer defensive game for another 4-5 years. Bruins up 3-1 with 5 min left in the second. If the Bruins win the game, the Scott/Thornton fight is an after thought. Sabres fans should wonder if they're good enough to carry a gooN who can't help the team play any better. It wasn't the first time Vanek owned us in Boston.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Watching the NESN telecast you could not tell real time what happened to Hamilton.. I'm not shocked the team didn't react nor did the officials catch it.

Somebody needs to put Stafford on his keester with an overhand right next game.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Ok, I'll be the ***hole that says it.

Dougie selling the call just as blatant as the elbow? Or is it just me?

As Phil Esposito once said, "What looks like love taps from the stands is making us groan on the ice."

Check out the motion on that elbow. He drew his arm back, cocked and unloaded. That had to hurt.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As Phil Esposito once said, "What looks like love taps from the stands is making us groan on the ice."

Check out the motion on that elbow. He drew his arm back, cocked and unloaded. That had to hurt.

It could have been a reaction like when you burn your finger or something, you just violently pull it back ....

Generally it's hard to "act" when you legitimately get hurt, but it did look suspicious and had it been another team we may have been more critical.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Ok, I'll be the ***hole that says it.

Dougie selling the call just as blatantly as the elbow? Or is it just me?

Not going to rip your thoughts by any means but an elbow to the face 9 out of 10 times your going to get this reaction ...IMO

Personally I'd like to see others that got suspended for an elbow before I lean one way or the other BUT easily a missed call :nod:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Oh Artemis... Trust me. I'm not denying that it hurt. That ***** Stafford got Dougie good and he deserves to hear (feel) about it.

It's Hamilton's automatic reaction to embellish that ALSO bothers me about this play.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
the little extra jump from from Hamilton after the hit is pretty lame and don't like to see that.

as for the head whipping back, that's natural when getting smacked in the mouth with an elbow. I don't think that was embellishment at all. And I doubt he went down the tunnel just to continue to try and "sell it".

But at the end of the day, it was a dirty elbow. Simple as that. And yet I haven't heard a peep on twitter or from the Bruins about sending tape to Shanahan. Did I miss something?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Have patience. Remember that Seguin just turned 21 yesterday...he's just a kid.

I'm far from writing him off, just pointing out that he hasn't been good this season. And the effort has not been there IMO. He battled much more last year, especially as the season progressed, so I'm sure he will come around. :nod:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
this was the elbow that sent him down the tunnel into the back right?

I believe so.

What the heck happened to Bergy? One minute I'm watching him in the corner near me and the next he drops his stick and blots to the bench holding his arm. He is the last guy we need getting hurt.

I saw Paille (side view only) after last night's game from a distance and he looked fine and was chatting away with a group of people he was with.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
the little extra jump from from Hamilton after the hit is pretty lame and don't like to see that.

as for the head whipping back, that's natural when getting smacked in the mouth with an elbow. I don't think that was embellishment at all. And I doubt he went down the tunnel just to continue to try and "sell it".

But at the end of the day, it was a dirty elbow. Simple as that. And yet I haven't heard a peep on twitter or from the Bruins about sending tape to Shanahan. Did I miss something?

I don't think they would do so. It was a penalty, certainly - awful missed call. But not something they'd call for a suspension over.

I think people need to bear in mind too that Hamilton may be a tall kid, but he's a drink of water. If/when he adds another 15 to 20 pounds he's going to be a lot more difficult to knock over.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I believe so.

What the heck happened to Bergy? One minute I'm watching him in the corner near me and the next he drops his stick and blots to the bench holding his arm. He is the last guy we need getting hurt.

I saw Paille (side view only) after last night's game from a distance and he looked fine and was chatting away with a group of people he was with.

From what I saw, Bergeron went down heavily in a pileup behind the Buffalo net.

Anyway,

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
Coach said Bergeron just had maintenance day today and that was reason for his absence on the ice at practice.^CS

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
@NHLBruins: Coach said Paille won't be making the trip...deemed "upper- body injury" until team can get all the details^CS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad