GDT: Boston Bruins @ Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm October 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Originally, I saw this particular game go one of 2 ways: Leafs implode and get blown out or Leafs win a close one. Now I see Boston is having some injury issues, so there could be more possibilities.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
@Burnie97 thanks for the thread once again dude!
Damn, I want us to win tonight so much. It's time.
Really hope Babcock uses the lines correctly and doesn't lose focus of the grand picture with line matching.
Tavares is down, but Boston is also hurting.
We can do this.

No problem. Big game right. Looking forward to it.

Even with Bergeron in... Leafs can still win. Just be smart. No dumb penalties... need Andy to play well.

Interested to see how the Kerfoot line does.

Go Leafs Go

Reactions: Rogue Leader

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I think someone had posted that Leafs have 19 back to backs compared to 8-9 back to backs for Tampa, Montreal and Boston

How the F is this parity in the league especially for Leafs?
That's completely insane. I'm honestly convinced the league is trying to handicap the Leafs at this point.

The scheduling league-wide is a bit wonky this year, especially the first few months. New York and Philly barely played any games over the first few weeks and there's a few strange outliers including your back-to-backs. I think the NHL must've been late or something getting their schedule together and it affected a lot of the popular venues got kinda over-booked this fall.
Even something as simple as having The Bruins and Leafs playing a home-and-home this early in the season is kinda weird as it's a marquee match-up that you won't be able to push as much when they're in a heated playoff race and anything that happens, outside of standings, won't really give us any kind of guideline into how these teams stack up against one another when it matters.

Disappointed neither Krejci nor Tavares are playing tonight as I wanted to see both teams at full health.

Good luck.

edit: just looked at the main board and there's a thread on back-to-back games, take a look, and you guys are squarely in the middle with only one more than Boston, same as Mtl and one less than TB. Philly and Pitts have it the worst. Didn't mean to invade your thread ... was just thinking about scheduling this morning myself and saw you guys talking about it.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
That's completely insane. I'm honestly convinced the league is trying to handicap the Leafs at this point.

yup 10 pts on the line for the back to backs with leafs playing extra 5 games or so back to back; basically League saying kiss those 10 pts good bye leafs

the worst part is that when we are on a back to back the teams are rested; and some of these games are against divisional rivals. Boston and then Montreal. freakin' 4 pt game; divisional rival nicely rested and waiting while we play them on the 2nd game of the back to back

How in the blue hell is one of the richest team in the league whose contribution keeps poor teams floating in the league gets the short end of the stick is beyond me

Last edited:
Reactions: IPS

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
wonder how will babcock be blamed for this loss by people ... hmmmm
- should of played whos a what with Marner , didnt like who was on the ice in the latter minutes of the game , should of started this guy instead , this guy played 38 seconds less than he should of .... blah blah blah

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If ever there was a time for our young guys to put the team on their backs and lead it's now

No excuses, you wanted to be treated and paid like big boys and now it's time you started showing the rest of the team and fans your ready for the responsibility that entails

It's a big ask against Boston but were capable of winning this thing if we play to our potential, so let's play to our potential

Reactions: freshwind

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah, let's not fake outrage over this. He's not being condescending or insulting, he's making light of a situation that happened a year ago.

He's been talking highly of Nylander since the season started.
Q: What do you like about the play of your 2nd best player this year?
A: Well I like that he hasn't abandoned the team to go lay on a beach somewhere like last year

You seriously don't see why that makes him look like a bit of an ass? It's not a one time thing either, he always takes little shots at Nylander. After every good thing he says, he feels a need to follow it up with something like "too bad he can't do it more often" or "too bad he sucked last year". Babcock doesn't have this weird approach with any other player and it makes him look bad

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Originally, I saw this particular game go one of 2 ways: Leafs implode and get blown out or Leafs win a close one. Now I see Boston is having some injury issues, so there could be more possibilities.

Having a hard time remembering the Leafs really stepping it up for most of 2019. There were the 3 wins in the playoffs, but seem to recall a lot of games down the stretch being these run and gun affairs full of sloppy play, lack of physicality, cohesiveness, teammates sticking up for one another and letting the defense get burned.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
A: Well I like that he hasn't abandoned the team to go lay on a beach somewhere like last year

You seriously don't see why that makes him look like a bit of an ass? It's not a one time thing either, he always takes little shots at Nylander. After every good thing he says, he feels a need to follow it up with something like "too bad he can't do it more often" or "too bad he sucked last year". Babcock doesn't have this weird approach with any other player and it makes him look bad
nothing wrong at all with what he said he was not lying last year he was not with the team....

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Some people just can't see the forest for the trees :laugh:

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Lol those elevating Babcock’s playful Nylander comments. He’s been singing his praises since day one of camp. Pathetic, pick your spots, might actually garner some credibility.

Reactions: cgc83

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
nothing wrong at all with what he said he was not lying last year he was not with the team....

Yea, well it's not about lying. It's about playing favourites which Babcock loves to do all the time. A player like Hyman can do pretty much no wrong in his eyes, but he can't give a proper compliment to Willy. He has to do it in a backwards sort of way.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

You decided to interpret his words like that. That's not at all what is being said.

This really isn't anything lmao

He's been praising Nylander since the start of camp really.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Lol those with the agendas elevating Babcock’s playful Nylander comments. He’s been singing his praises since day one of camp. Pathetic, pick your spots.
Almost as pathetic as saying Babs was just "riding the hot hand" with Kerfoot out on the EN instead of Matthews but against St. Louis Nylander was riding the pine instead of being out on the EN despite being the best player that game.

Just hilarious watching people flip the script whenever it's convenient.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Almost as pathetic as saying Babs was just "riding the hot hand" with Kerfoot out on the EN instead of Matthews but against St. Louis Nylander was riding the pine instead of being out on the EN despite being the best player that game.

Who said that? And why did you go there? Odd.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Its so draining to gloss over like 50% of the posts which are about how Babcock ia the worst coach i the galaxy.

Seriously we havent played 10 games yet. For all you real GMS that claim to know infinitely more than the Leafs coach, pleade post in the Fyre Babcock thread instead

Reactions: DarkKnight

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden

Its so draining to gloss over like 50% of the posts which are about how Babcock ia the worst coach i the galaxy.

Seriously we havent played 10 games yet. For all you real GMS that claim to know infinitely more than the Leafs coach, pleade post in the Fyre Babcock thread instead

Reactions: DarkKnight

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

You don't need to be a "real GM" to know that some of Babcock's decisions game in and game out are completely stupid.

If it really bothers you, use the ignore button.

Reactions: stickty111

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad