Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs Record 4-3-1 (Needs to be better)

Projected lineup:

Bruins Record 5-1-1 (No surprise)

Projected lineup:

Honestly I don't care... let's just beat these guys for once.

Feel free to post in this thread later when their lineup is posted.

Leafs without Tavares for home test vs. Bruins

The Boston Bruins visit the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night in a rematch of their first-round playoff series last season.
And the season before.

The Bruins have beaten the Maple Leafs in seven games in the first round of each of the last two seasons, further cementing their status as a Toronto nemesis.
The teams will also play Tuesday night in Boston.

The Maple Leafs will be playing without their captain, John Tavares, who will be out for at least two weeks with a broken finger. He picked up the injury in the third period of a 4-3 road loss to the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, when he was hit by a shot from Toronto defenseman Morgan Rielly.

"(After) Morgan's shot (hit the finger) late in the third, it went pretty numb," Tavares told reporters Friday. "So, it didn't feel very good and I just went back to the bench and it was a little more painful but the adrenaline and the inflammation really hadn't set in."

Nonetheless, Tavares returned to the ice and scored Toronto's third goal against the Caps.

With Tavares out, Ilya Mikheyev will join Mitch Marner and Alex Kerfoot on a line.
The Bruins are coming off a 4-3 shootout loss at home to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday.

David Pastrnak continued his hot scoring for the Bruins in that one with two power-play goals.

The 23-year-old has eight goals this season, with six in his past two games. He notched four in the win over the Anaheim Ducks on Monday. By scoring the opener Thursday, he had tallied five straight Boston goals, one short of Glen Murray's club record set in 2004.

"Obviously, it's going in for me now," Pastrnak told reporters. "But, unfortunately, we were unable to get two points (Thursday), so that's all that matters. ... I'm just feeling good on the ice, so I'm trying to do my best for the team and focusing on playing my hockey and how I can help this team."

"He's a goal scorer in this league, he's proven that," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. "There's times he can get streaky -- pucks flying in on the power play a lot, five-on-five as well. He's getting a few breaks around the net, but he's finishing his opportunities. He's around the net, right? So, it's a good lesson. Get there."

The Maple Leafs and Bruins have a long history as Original Six teams, and it has only grown more intense in recent seasons.
"It'll be fun for us," Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. "What's interesting is in the league it doesn't matter who you play every night, as you can see, there's nothing to pick between the teams. Night after night you're in a real grind. Obviously, we have a history with Boston, they've eliminated us from the playoffs two years in a row. ... We think there's a whole other level for our group and we've got to keep getting better."

Frederik Andersen is expected to start in goal for the Maple Leafs on Saturday after sitting out the game Wednesday and playing in the win over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday.

Cassidy said Jaroslav Halak will start in goal Saturday for Boston.

David Krejci (upper-body injury) and Joakim Nordstrom (foot) will not play for Boston in Toronto. Patrice Bergeron (lower body) will make the trip and likely will play against the Maple Leafs.

--Field Level Media

Go Leafs Go

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Boston has no secondary scoring right now, they're also missing their second line center, Bergeron's groin is still nagging him, their goaltending is playing at an unsustainable pace, and as good as that top line is they are due for a stinker. We can outscore that line and win this game.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Nothing is more satisfying then a win vs the Bruins other then beating the habs.
Wheel-Of-Excuses.jpg

This should be an interesting test for Spezza, lets see how he does.

Also, nice GDT again @Burnie97

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hmm this is good info..

Coach Bruce Cassidy said after Friday’s practice that David Krejci, whose undisclosed upper-body injury has lingered, will miss his third game in a row. Boston also may be without Patrice Bergeron, who took a wrister by Tampa Bay’s Ryan McDonagh off his leg with 25 seconds left in overtime Thursday.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Hmm this is good info..

Coach Bruce Cassidy said after Friday’s practice that David Krejci, whose undisclosed upper-body injury has lingered, will miss his third game in a row. Boston also may be without Patrice Bergeron, who took a wrister by Tampa Bay’s Ryan McDonagh off his leg with 25 seconds left in overtime Thursday.

centres are under fire this weeek

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Not sure which team will show. Tavares out should have them playing with some urgency, although they should be bringing that every game.

Big games for Kerfoot and Spezza. My guess is he gets dialed back a bit in the third, he’s hardly played and he’s old. He’s got some nice speed and forcheck on his wings so it might be a perfect situation for him.

Marner, Matthews, Nylander have to improve on the PP. bring it 5/5 and dominate.

Freddy has to be the good Freddy.

Let’s beat these guys.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
f*** the bruins
But f*** Babcock with those lines too
Just how bad we gonna suck?
8-1 L

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Bruins have been a 1 line team so far this season. Very lucky to be 5-1-1. I hope our depth can take advantage but it will be hard without Tavares.

Also, f*** the Bruins. Win.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Marner
If anyone drew this lineup before the season started, there would be unanimous consent that Marner was demoted. It is interesting. What will the haters say if this line actually produces points...that Kerfoot or Miheyev is driving the line? If it under produces Matthews line?...that Marner is not living up to his contract?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Marner
If anyone drew this lineup before the season started, there would be unanimous consent that Marner was demoted. It is interesting. What will the haters say if this line actually produces points...that Kerfoot or Miheyev is driving the line? If it under produces Matthews line?...that Marner is not living up to his contract?

I wish Babs just stacked 1 line and said f*** it. Nylander - Matthews - Marner. W have enough depth to make a decent 2nd line in Johnsson - Kerfoot - Kappy and still have Mikeyev and Moore on the third line

cmorly

Oct 14, 2010
Toronto, Ont
My guess is that the Leafs will come out slow and be down 1-0, then get into some penalty trouble and be down a couple more after the first period.

Hoping to see some vintage Spezza tonight

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Bruins have a few injuries and Bergeron is hurting. I’ve watched a couple of their games and they haven’t been playing great but good enough in spurts to win. The key, as always, will be to try and keep up with the speed of top line and their D.

Obviously, tonight will be the easier of the 2 this week as the Bruins will treat this as scrimmage game.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Was hoping Marner would go with Matthews and Nylander moved to 2C to center Mik and Moore.

Avoiding Kerfoot getting 2C usage is better than the am-wn pairing. He's not Kadri.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not sure which team will show. Tavares out should have them playing with some urgency, although they should be bringing that every game.

Big games for Kerfoot and Spezza. My guess is he gets dialed back a bit in the third, he’s hardly played and he’s old. He’s got some nice speed and forcheck on his wings so it might be a perfect situation for him.

Marner, Matthews, Nylander have to improve on the PP. bring it 5/5 and dominate.

Freddy has to be the good Freddy.

Let’s beat these guys.

Pens are suffering through injuries as well but the team as a whole has stepped up.

I see no reason this team can’t do it especially after the key players got paid handsomely

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Who will take Tavares' spot on the PP?

I was thinking Mikheyev but Johnsson is kind of already the net front guy.

Maybe they move Matthews to the middle and Nylander to the right boards.

........... Johnsson
Marner .......... Matthews ...... Nylander
........ Rielly

(....it'll probably be Shore.)

Reactions: Griffin76

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Bruins are pretty much the opposite of the Leafs right now in that they have some pretty dismal underlying stats but are being propped up by unsustainable goaltending.

The Leafs have been a much better team than them so far this year and its gonna come down to whether Anderson can give us another decent performance after the last two were finally on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad