GDT: Boston Bruins @ Red Wings - 7:30 - EST - FSD

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This team absolutely blows in the first period.

Meh Boston was pretty mediocre as well. I mean we were bad, but they didn't seem that interested in taking advantage. They threw quite a few meh shots in terms of that period. I didn't feel in peril exactly either in terms of two NHL teams executing at a AHL level is basically how I would describe that period.

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Got better toward the latter minutes of the period. That offensive keep in walking the blue line by cholo was awesome! I gotta say though, who is this new guy wearing number 39 and what did you do to the old guy? Extending plays in the offensive zone, a bit of hustle, stop and start near the half wall, using his body a bit more? Sign me up for more please =)

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I guess thats a win coming out unscathed from that 1st period. Have to pick up the pace. Howie's standing on his head.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I guess thats a win coming out unscathed from that 1st period. Have to pick up the pace. Howie's standing on his head.

Howie would have been in big trouble had he let in most of their shots that period. NHL goalies are supposed to make those saves. They had just a few quality chances in my opinion.

We do need to play better, fully agree. That was a pretty terrible period by everyone on both teams.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I have been a Cholo fanboy for a while. But I didn't expect him to do some of the stuff he is doing out by the line and in the d-zone in terms of holding the puck right away at this level. But his patience and skill are pretty awesome. I believed in that, I am just surprised at how quickly he is doing some of this stuff, that last dance the line play was a play not many guys in the league can think to try to pull off and then actually execute. Impressive.
And less than 5 minutes of play in the first period.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And less than 5 minutes of play in the first period.

We know his hand is banged up and we didn't have PP time. Not surprised by that.

I would like it a little higher, but again I am not surprised especially tonight if he is on a bit of a pitch count given the news. Sure his minutes could have gone up if we got a lot of PP time.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
We know his hand is banged up and we didn't have PP time. Not surprised by that.

I would like it a little higher, but again I am not surprised especially tonight if he is on a bit of a pitch count given the news. Sure his minutes could have gone up if we got a lot of PP time.
I'd like all your posts, TZE, it gets a little played out though.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Jacob Forsbacka-Karlsson is to long and hard to say so we just call him JFK. I'm sorry if this offends anyone because of their political views, I mean no political intent with this post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad