Post-Game Talk: Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers Part II

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yeah, we've been terrible for a full year now guy, that's how you be the 2 seed in the East.

Terrible is the Dave Lewis year. Some of you guys are either bandwagoners without the perspective that the Lewis season gave out or idiots

In don't think this team is terrible, because they have tons of talent but their mental game seems to be lacking this season.

The team also really seems to struggle with scoring. And used to be that I would have confidence in this team getting, keeping and holding a lead, but this season they seem just as likely to lose it. Just frustrating and even more so because I know this is a talented team.

My hope is that they will find their mental game before the playoffs.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
I had a feeling the Flyers were going to come out strong and own us, i just didn't want to say anything. Boston is in trouble, i hate to say it, they look kind of like Dallas did earlier in the year. I hope they were playing like this before Jagr joined the team, i hope he isn't bringing the Bruins down.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I had a feeling the Flyers were going to come out strong and own us, i just didn't want to say anything. Boston is in trouble, i hate to say it, they look kind of like Dallas did earlier in the year. I hope they were playing like this before Jagr joined the team, i hope he isn't bringing the Bruins down.

Jagr is carying this team the best he can right now. This team has been playing like this all season save for the first few weeks. 0 blame to Jagr.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
At least nobody was injured...:dunno:

Seems like they've lost their identity. Most of them have rings now so they want to play a skilled game like Detroit and not work their ***** off like they need to, to be successful.

I still think they'll win the first round and hopefully hit their stride after that. However, if they end up getting the Rangers...it's going to be an early exit I'd say.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Jagr is carying this team the best he can right now. This team has been playing like this all season save for the first few weeks. 0 blame to Jagr.

How can they be so bad with so many wins? I mean they appeared almost unstoppable once you looked at their record, they were like 22-8-4.. now they are lucky to even be in the game. They were just luckily winning games before the deadline?

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
In don't think this team is terrible, because they have tons of talent but their mental game seems to be lacking this season.

The team also really seems to struggle with scoring. And used to be that I would have confidence in this team getting, keeping and holding a lead, but this season they seem just as likely to lose it. Just frustrating and even more so because I know this is a talented team.

Bergy's line was/is fine. The KLH line is turning the puck over too often to really generate any sustain pressure in the offensive zone. The 3rd line was a mess for most of the year and the 4th line is not suppose to be your "scoring powerhouse". It's the good'ol "one scoring line" history again. Chairelli need to change the dynamic upfront and he will not achieve this with minor changes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Turned this snoozefest off after the Chara/Dobby mishap, Mooseheads playing and that was far easier on the head to watch

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How can they be so bad with so many wins? I mean they appeared almost unstoppable once you looked at their record, they were like 22-8-4.. now they are lucky to even be in the game. They were just luckily winning games before the deadline?

Because the East is littered with teams playing the same way. Other than the Pens and until the recent streak the Caps ran off, EVERY team in the East has played the exact same way, inconsistent, tired looking etc....Rangers losing to the Panthers last night yet another indication of a team going up against one that has absolutely nothing to play for other than pride, jobs....dangerous mix

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
This team has dulled my senses to the point that I am unphased by a loss. At this point I expect nothing from them, be it regular season or playoffs. That is kind of sad.....what happened to these guys?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They just look flat. I keep waiting to see them break out, but the energy isn't there for sustained periods. Boston looked very good in the first period, played physical and generated some quality chances, but unfortunately their goaltending let them down last night. Lots of comparisons between Doby and Thomas, and he looked like Timmah at his worst, lol. As soon as that 3rd goal went in, you could just see the team deflate.

The only way to break out of a funk like this is to do all the little things and win a couple of ugly games, and right now, the 60 min effort is just not there. I think the B's are capable of "flipping the switch" come playoff time, but it's not looking good right now. They need to win the division and hope that OTT hangs on to 7th. I think the B's match up well against the Sens and hopefully they could use that to get rolling.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

Jagr, huh? More like Bergeron and Marchand. Jagr is definitely contributing, but he is not some unique cog in the Bruins' machine. He's an important piece, nothing more.

And if you just have to single one person out, that one person is Bergeron. No one competes quite the way he does, night in and night out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This team has dulled my senses to the point that I am unphased by a loss. At this point I expect nothing from them, be it regular season or playoffs. That is kind of sad.....what happened to these guys?

Kind of sad yes, but it eases the stress on the brain:laugh:

As I privately tear my hair out and am frustrated with how this team has played, the other side of my peanut sized brain says "have a peek at other Eastern Conference teams"

Habs-----free fallin

Leafs---- not the experience or depth, but IMO, played above their heads and have been inconsistent all season

Sens--killed by major injuries (which nobody would ever use as an excuse here but are quick to use with opponents:sarcasm:) and it`s only now starting to catch up with them (again, with an 82 game sched, they`d be out I`ll wager)

Caps--- horrific start, now hot, but is it coming at the right time? Inconsistent all season

Pens-- the only team consistent in the East with a #1 goalie who hasn`t seen a puck to stop in the last 2 playoff years

Islanders--- playing well now, again, as inconsistent as any other team

The Rags---odds on favourite here of many as being the beasts of the East. They were my summer prediction of a team (82 game sched or not) as being most likely to finally tire of Torts and miss the playoffs. Inconsistent

Again, this team can play better, but outside of the Pens, not one team has played with any consistency, does it make it less frustrating? Nope, nor is it just a coincidence

ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs, quite frankly, could care less who our boys play, my preference is to play a team who likes the physical style, rather than a speed oriented team.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.

Really. you really think this team is talented? I used too bit now.....? not so sure.

Yea there is talent but not enough.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Jagr, huh? More like Bergeron and Marchand. Jagr is definitely contributing, but he is not some unique cog in the Bruins' machine. He's an important piece, nothing more.

And if you just have to single one person out, that one person is Bergeron. No one competes quite the way he does, night in and night out.

If the Krejci line (regardless of who is one it) produced even a bit more this year, some of these conversations wouldn`t be happening. I have liked DK`s play most of the year, in the last 5-7 games, I`m seeing the DK that had me willing to drive him to the airport like last year

3rd line`s been a mess since day one with Pandalfo preceeded by Bourque, the 4th, when together has been just fine. When you only have one offensive line, and the next best threat is your #4 line....spells inconsistency. Truly remarkable that this team is where it is not just in the East, but in the League....4th overall??? Crazy year as expected with a shortened season, the hockey overall has been garbage to watch, and I`m not yakking just Bruins hockey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Really. you really think this team is talented? I used too bit now.....? not so sure.

Yea there is talent but not enough.

There`s talent, missing element is lack of foot speed both on the back end and up front, outside of Bergy`s line, this team backs up nobody

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
If the Krejci line (regardless of who is one it) produced even a bit more this year, some of these conversations wouldn`t be happening. I have liked DK`s play most of the year, in the last 5-7 games, I`m seeing the DK that had me willing to drive him to the airport like last year

3rd line`s been a mess since day one with Pandalfo preceeded by Bourque, the 4th, when together has been just fine. When you only have one offensive line, and the next best threat is your #4 line....spells inconsistency. Truly remarkable that this team is where it is not just in the East, but in the League....4th overall??? Crazy year as expected with a shortened season, the hockey overall has been garbage to watch, and I`m not yakking just Bruins hockey

I hate to say this but didn't the B's have a better record with Bourque in the lineup?

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Way too many issues on this team this year. Something is wrong. They need a team meeting and re-focus on how to play hockey and win.
Brutal turn overs, no substained offensive pressure, permiter passing team, no defensive to offensive transition and nobody who is a consitent threat to score. Yikes!!!!!
Way too many players underachieving. Spells big trouble.
First round ousting for sure.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Isn't foot speed part of talent? The lack of backing each other I would, indirectly say is part of talent also.

This team lacks foot speed and Bourque was quick, his biggest issue is he was horrific along the boards, he was/is incapable of winning those battles that we often see a guy like Marchand win.

This team needs foot speed with skill, and IMO, they will find that internally next year with some kids like Spooner, maybe Knight if healthy, Koko (although not a blazer, very elusive), regardless of what happens this post season, a dropping cap means opportunities internally IMO.

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
O'boy! Let's not go there. That ship sailed long time ago.

Believe me, I don't want him back in the lineup. I just can't help but to wonder when was the last time the Bruins played well and it was about that time period. We just needed a tweak on the 3rd line and everything else was suppose to be better.
Now we only really have one legitimate line in the Bergeron line.

The Kid

Jun 19, 2011
I don't get it. I don't understand how the coach, who just led the team to the Cup two years ago, can "lose" the team. Yes, he needs to be accountable, but I think some of the key players have lost themselves.

It literally seems like many of them don't care. Listen, we are from Boston, we are used to having great teams, but also going long periods with poor teams. I'll take a team that cares but loses, than one that doesn't care and wins.

Where the F is their passion? Where is the sense of urgency? How many F'ing turnovers before someone realizes it is tough to score without the puck (Flyers proved me wrong last night on goal #3, thanks Chara)? Why can't they all "snap out of it" at the same time, as a team?! We constantly search through games for that one guy that seems to have his feet under him finally... why not all of them?

What is this product they are putting out on the ice? It is embarrassing that Jagr is the one who seems to show the most urgency and desire to win.

The play from the team this season is NOT Bruins hockey and is NOT winning hockey. The expectation in these parts is passion and honor, and over the years that has translated into winning. Respect the game, do the little things right, play with passion and honor, and you will win.... I guess I am not shocked that they are so unsuccessful right now. Very little hunger on this team.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Believe me, I don't want him back in the lineup. I just can't help but to wonder when was the last time the Bruins played well and it was about that time period. We just needed a tweak on the 3rd line and everything else was suppose to be better.
Now we only really have one legitimate line in the Bergeron line.

They started sucking when the schedule got crammed with more games.
I believe it was around that blown 2-0 lead to pitt.
I said after that game they would be lucky to play. 500 hockey the rest of the season.
They are one game below. 500 since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad