Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
giphy.gif

It was 4-1

Reactions: canuckslover10

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
They are a great team with a ton of experience and a ton of adaptability. They can be competitive no matter what shape the game takes. And then they have Bergeron, who has that ability to absolutely demolish whomever he matches up against. Having a top player like that who can also take away one of the opponents strongest cards is a tremendous weapon.

vivalavili

Jan 8, 2016
Helsinki
Its crazy how many of them played for the team in 2011. There is a few lines worth of Stanley Cup winner experience and year after year they seem one of the favourites. I wouldn't be surprised if Boston grinded through to the finals.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I like how they're able to play fast, have a ton of skill (that now exceeds the top line) but can also play heavy and grind you down. Leafs only have 2 of those elements which is why they'll probably lose and why Tampa lost to Caps last year.

Not that this win really means anything. Bolts were in a terrible spot for this game like talked about before the game and i think they're about to enter a mini slump. Bruins beat the Bolts last year 3-0 without Bergeron and like half of their regular dmen. It's just a regular season win that's it.

But yes Bruins are now one of my favorites. Funny how they're a team all year that in my eyes are "right there but ehh...", then they add MoJo and Coyle and now im like hell yeah ! Sometimes you just need to fill a hole or two and it makes you so much better.

Bruins biggest weakness was getting outskilled by better depth. Well i'd say that's now pretty difficult to do.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hell no.

They are a strong team but right now not even a clear favourite on the 1st round due to the strenght of Atlantic.

I like how they're able to play fast, have a ton of skill (that now exceeds the top line) but can also play heavy and grind you down. Leafs only have 2 of those elements which is why they'll probably lose and why Tampa lost to Caps last year.

Not that this win really means anything. Bolts were in a terrible spot for this game like talked about before the game and i think they're about to enter a mini slump. Bruins beat the Bolts last year 3-0 without Bergeron and like half of their regular dmen. It's just a regular season win that's it.

But yes Bruins are now one of my favorites. Funny how they're a team all year that in my eyes are "right there but ehh...", then they add MoJo and Coyle and now im like hell yeah ! Sometimes you just need to fill a hole or two and it makes you so much better.

Bruins biggest weakness was getting outskilled by better depth. Well i'd say that's now pretty difficult to do.

The additions in speed via Coyle& Johansson were great for the Bruins lineup.

Heavy fast skilled lineup, just need to wish Cassidy finds the right top9 mix for the playoffs, there's a potential hole or 2.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
After they destroyed Tampa Bay last night (4:1 (thank youCmac66), only 20 shots on Rask), we could push them to the official "Top Contender" for a Stanley Cup.
In all likely hood they wouldn't meat Tampa until the third round, so yeah, they are contenders. as good as Tampa has been I think Tampa is built better for playoff hockey.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
In all likely hood they wouldn't meat Tampa until the third round, so yeah, they are contenders. as good as Tampa has been I think Tampa is built better for playoff hockey.

They would meet in the second round if they meet at all. There's no chance at all Boston slips into the wild card spots.

And I expect it, to be honest. If the Bruins finish second in the Atlantic, I don't trust Toronto at all to win that series.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Boston's good but I really wouldn't use last nights game as a measuring stick. I mean, you can if you want, but that was the Bolts 3rd game in 4 nights with a backup goalie in net, on the road. On the other hand it was Boston's 2nd game in 5 nights

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I think the Bruins have as good a chance to win a cup as anyone, once Pasta is back and assuming no One else gets hurt, except Tampa.

Tampa is the overwhelming favorite. They have the best offense, a top 5 defense and the most talented roster by a mile. They also rolled the Bruins last year. It would be a major upset for anyone to beat them. Anything can happen in the playoffs but I think it would surprise most people if they lost. The Bruins have as good a chance as anyone but they'd certainly be an underdog.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
After they destroyed Tampa Bay last night (4:1 (thank youCmac66), only 20 shots on Rask), we could push them to the official "Top Contender" for a Stanley Cup.
Actually, I think the Arizona Coyotes, who beat the Lightning 7-1 on October 27th should be the clear cup favorites. They beat us way worse than the Bruins did.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Would you have the Islanders as a bigger favourite to win the cup over the Leafs after their 6-1 win?

I wouldn't

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boston's good but I really wouldn't use last nights game as a measuring stick. I mean, you can if you want, but that was the Bolts 3rd game in 4 nights with a backup goalie in net, on the road. On the other hand it was Boston's 2nd game in 5 nights
No excuses. Bruins were missing Pastrnak and Miller to injury as well.

Tampa's goalie was incredible.

I don't expect the playoffs to repeat last night by any means but Boston is a lot more equal to Tampa than last year or even two weeks ago.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com

Tampa's goalie was incredible.

I don't expect the playoffs to repeat last night by any means but Boston is a lot more equal to Tampa than last year or even two weeks ago.
Those weren't excuses. Just facts. Tampa executed very poorly and did not play well despite Domingue being great throughout most of the game (minus that little 2 minute stretch where he gave up 3 goals). Boston played one of their better games and got all the bounces. It's a regular season game that's worth 2 points, that's it. Speaking of points, Boston still trails Tampa by 17 points in the standings in case you missed it.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Reasons ≠ Excuses

And Miller being out isn't a huge deal. He's a bottom pairing guy, and we replaced him with John Moore.

Pastrnak being out is something to account for, but fatigue and backup goalie>>>one player being out injured.

I still think Tampa is the class of the east. Boston has something to play for right now, TB is worried about winning games in April.

I definitely think Boston is in that 2nd tier below them though.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Lightening are the top team and 1 game doesn't change that. Although it does give one hope that the Bruins can at least make it interesting.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Those weren't excuses. Just facts. Tampa executed very poorly and did not play well despite Domingue being great throughout most of the game (minus that little 2 minute stretch where he gave up 3 goals). Boston played one of their better games and got all the bounces. It's a regular season game that's worth 2 points, that's it. Speaking of points, Boston still trails Tampa by 17 points in the standings in case you missed it.

"Got all the bounces", uh? If it wasn't for Domingue, this would have been a 8-0 rout. It's sad that what you remember instead of a goalie standing on his head (32-9 the shots in the first two periods...), is 3 goals in 3 minutes. Your boys got very lucky last night. Just facts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00