Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t think the Leaf’s organization will ever win another Cup. It’s just not happening in that market. The players are so afraid to get destroyed by the media for every little mistake they have performance anxiety.

Willie gets random migraines right before the playoffs?

Auston disappears half way through?

Tavares looks like he needs a psychiatrist.

It’s just not a recipe to win.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Because Samsonov can't get you momentum-building saves. Look at Swayman. Boston's offense was quiet as hell, and yet Swayman kept them in the game until Pastrnak woke up.
Too bad you dont have a swayman cause all the money got used on four useless forwards.

Reactions: TheDizee

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Samsonov played a good game. Don't think the Pastrnak goal was his fault.
Maybe that is proper thing for the goaltender to do in a situation like that; I don't know, I'm not a goalie. But he just looked like he wasn't ready for what was about to happen and could have knocked the puck away from his crease.

But again, I could be wrong.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Maybe that is proper thing for the goaltender to do in a situation like that; I don't know, I'm not a goalie. But he just looked like he wasn't ready for what was about to happen and could have knocked the puck away from his crease.

But again, I could be wrong.

Kelly Hrudey said the same thing. He said Samsonov played it horribly.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Helps with a good goalie in net
Can you please give us another 45 posts about how a 775k goalie being red hot is the only way for Leafs to win. Team played better in front of Woll. Maybe Woll starting changes things, it’s such a useless time to play mental gymnastics.

Except for the two flubbed goals yes. Neither was a good look for him. He’s not solely to blame but the evidence was right there in front of us.
Maybe Marner and Reilly shouldn’t be asleep at the wheel to allow the 2nd goal. And of course a shutout is the only acceptable performance for a goalie who plays in front of a poor defense.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
66ec01c5-46a2-4732-befd-4fcc2b5ed33f.jpeg

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Can you please give us another 45 posts about how a 775k goalie being red hot is the only way for Leafs to win. Team played better in front of Woll. Maybe Woll starting changes things, it’s such a useless time to play mental gymnastics.

They didn't need Woll. They needed anyone but Samsonov. He lost every game this series. I said I would have started Martin Jones this game.

Then he allowed 2 bad goals on a 2-1 game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad