Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Woll is the new shiny toy apparently. Toronto skaters and Boston poor efforts made Woll's record what it was this series. Toronto was close tonight but not in complete defensive sync as opposed to the two games with Woll.

Certainly, blame the goalie.

One goalie was swept by Swayman
The other goalie was undefeated by Swayman

Even the HNIC NHL goalie blamed Samsonov.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
How the hell are people blaming samsonov

Matthews, Tavares, Marner were complete no shows again.

With that much money invested in forwards, if your goalie gives up 1 goal in regulation, you shouldnt be in overtime.
Because Samsonov can't get you momentum-building saves. Look at Swayman. Boston's offense was quiet as hell, and yet Swayman kept them in the game until Pastrnak woke up.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Rule 57.3 of the NHL rulebook states: “If, in the opinion of the referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shot will be awarded, but a minor penalty for tripping shall be assessed.”

Reactions: Hunter368

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It was closer than the other ones. Bruins truly could have lost this game 7.
Bruins getting it done with Coyle and Zacha as their top 2C's is nothing short of a miracle. If the Bruins had a 36 year old Crosby, and Bergeron still. I would give them a huge chance to win it all. I know this is just a what if, but as a hockey fan I can't help but think had Sweeney been able to upgrade the C position, this Bruins team would be crazy good. Goodluck against Florida. For me, they are the team to beat in this conference. Fast, hard on the puck, character players, physical and great defensively. No disrespect the Leafs, they played a good series, but they are nowhere close to Florida in all facets of the game.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
maybe this is the offseason they finally understand you cant commit that much cap space to floater forwards who underproduce anytime a team checks them hard. you win with forward depth who can check and great d and goaltending.

nah, who am i kidding. we will be back here next april!

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad