Pre-Game Talk: Boston at Pittsburgh|Wed.10-30-13|8:00PM (Another Winter Has the GDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
My point is I get the feeling he'd be playing much the same regardless of his linemate situation. He just doesn't look like he has any interest in being out there at all. No linemate can fix that.

This sure won't be the game to get him going.

Well yeah. As a coach though you still need to be trying your best to get him going. Hell, at this point, just toss Jeffrey and Megna on his wings. Can't be any worse. At least then he'd be playing with two guys both with a fire under their ***es.

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
My point is I get the feeling he'd be playing much the same regardless of his linemate situation. He just doesn't look like he has any interest in being out there at all. No linemate can fix that.

This sure won't be the game to get him going.

I disagree. His effort definitely is not lacking in my opinion. He literally gets zero help out there.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well yeah. As a coach though you still need to be trying your best to get him going. Hell, at this point, just toss Jeffrey and Megna on his wings. Can't be any worse. At least then he'd be playing with two guys both with a fire under their ***es.

I don't disagree with this, at all. Though at this point, I'd probably just stick him on Crosby's wing and hope for the best.

Zatch88 said:
I disagree. His effort definitely is not lacking in my opinion. He literally gets zero help out there.

He's doing just enough to not be a complete liability. That's about the best I can say about the way he's playing.

I dunno. It hasn't been much fun watching Malkin play the last 60ish games, or so. Looks like a shell of himself. I won't harp on it anymore, though. You just have to hope he can figure things out... because any meaningful help is a long way off. And no... Beau Bennett, as much as I like him, isn't going to be that guy. Sorry.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

Yeah, he did have some pretty good jump to his game against Carolina. That was also the same game Jokinen and Dags played like 10 minutes each 'cause they were so bad.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Yeah, but as a coach that's not how you get Geno going. Either you put him with Sid or you give him Kunitz back, at least. Either way, you break up the top line because even though they're working the rest of the team isn't clicking. But we all know Bylsma won't.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, but as a coach that's not how you get Geno going. Either you put him with Sid or you give him Kunitz back, at least. Either way, you break up the top line because even though they're working the rest of the team isn't clicking. But we all know Bylsma won't.

I'm not even sure the top line is "working". Crosby is working, Duper is whacking the puck around, and Kunitz randomly pots a goal.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not even sure the top line is "working". Crosby is working, Duper is whacking the puck around, and Kunitz randomly pots a goal.

Kunitz has what has to be the most undeserved point total I think I've ever witnessed, right the moment. He's maybe "earned" a third of those points. The rest are gifts and good fortune.

I hate to sound that way about it but, well... you've seen all the games, too.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Well, it's working in Dan Bylsma's miniscule brain.

Wouldn't that technically be the... fantasy thread? (i.e. every non-GDT :laugh: )

Ummmm...YES, yes it would!

Kunitz has what has to be the most undeserved point total I think I've ever witnessed, right the moment. He's maybe "earned" a third of those points. The rest are gifts and good fortune.

Yup.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. He hasn't played a good game yet. His point total is almost unbelievable given his play.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Kunitz-Crosby-Malkin
Dupuis-Jokinen-Megna
Jeffrey-Sutter-D'Agostini
Glass-Vitale-Adams

That's the way I'd go. Doubleshift Malkin constantly.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
DB doesn't help the situation, but that being said, I haven't seen a guy that has to be as micromanaged as Geno is to "get him going"

Jesus, he's not even going up against top d-pairings, because Sid is getting that draw.

NutCracker

Aug 9, 2008
Kunitz-Crosby-Malkin
Dupuis-Jokinen-Megna
Glass-Vitale-Adams

That's 3 lines of crap.

Also it has to be Glass-Adams-Engelland

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
DB doesn't help the situation, but that being said, I haven't seen a guy that has to be as micromanaged as Geno is to "get him going"

Jesus, he's not even going up against top d-pairings, because Sid is getting that draw.

There's another side to that. I've also never seen a superstar have his linemates change nearly as often as Malkin. Nor have I seen a worse collection of winger be tried with a superstar. That said, he needs to get his **** together this year.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
There's another side to that. I've also never seen a superstar have his linemates change nearly as often as Malkin. Nor have I seen a worse collection of winger be tried with a superstar. That said, he needs to get his **** together this year.

All I want from Geno nation is ONE criticism. Incredible to me how everything is everyone else's fault. You have some arguing that he'd score more goals 5 on 5 if he killed penalties.

You're KINDA right (IMO), that the carousel of wingers doesn't help, but you could also look at it the other way and say that the reason they have to keep switching wingers is because of how Geno's playing.

I know a lot of people don't want to admit this, but the fact is that he's had the BEST winger on the team attached to his hip for a while now and his play has been lackluster. Let's not also forget that DB kept Kunitz AND Neal with him in that debacle against Philly, and even though the team scored 99 goals total, Geno barely did anything because the mighty Couturier, a teenager, was enough to shut him down.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kunitz-Crosby-Malkin
Dupuis-Jokinen-Megna
Glass-Vitale-Adams

After the first line, the rest is just ugly. It's almost like dressing three 4th lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad