Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Tuukka Rask signs (1 year, $1M)

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Task casts a long shadow but I imagine that this has all been discussed behind the scenes and all the goalies are on board and aware. Ullmark starts and Rask is the backup who can step in as starter in case of an injury to Ullmark. Swayman will cool his heels for a bit. Seems very workable and a possibly amazing set-up.
Also, quietly, it’ll be good for a young goalie like Swayman to get tons of reps with Providence. The Rangers made a mistake letting Georgiev gather rust as a young goalie backing up Henrik and Shesterkin. He would have been better served getting at least another year as starter in Hartford. In my humble opinion.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Task casts a long shadow but I imagine that this has all been discussed behind the scenes and all the goalies are on board and aware. Ullmark starts and Rask is the backup who can step in as starter in case of an injury to Ullmark. Swayman will cool his heels for a bit. Seems very workable and a possibly amazing set-up.
Also, quietly, it’ll be good for a young goalie like Swayman to get tons of reps with Providence. The Rangers made a mistake letting Georgiev gather rust as a young goalie backing up Henrik and Shesterkin. He would have been better served getting at least another year as starter in Hartford. In my humble opinion.
You're spot on. This signing is not out of left field and in fact, this was on the B's radar when they signed Ullmark. Rask and Ullmark in a 1A/1B situation with Swayman getting the bulk of starts in AHL. Sounds like a nice situation.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Too many goalies. Is Swayman headed to the minors? I can't see Ullmark going anywhere with his contract.

They have a lot of games (almost one every night). I expect they keep Swayman on taxi squad till it ends (all-star break) and we see a rotation with guy getting games.

Reactions: 42

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Ok, I'm fine with that money then.

Thanks Tuukka, isn't often athletes stay true about the $$$ aspects.

Hope i run into you at Whole Foods again sometime!

Reactions: pearljamvs5

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
View attachment 495924

I have a unrelated memory with Rask on the P-Bruins. This picture from the 2008 Future Watch prompted me to give Vaughn leg pads a try; Being a lemming I had been using whatever brand Brodeur was using but I didn't like the Reebok era pads as much. Nearly fifteen years later and I have five sets of Vaughn pads in my garage. [/coolstorybro]

I had those Vaughn V3s too, except I only replaced them very recently... Lol

I still personally feel that Velocity was the Easton Synergy of goaltending. It changed everything.

Reactions: Brodeur

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Mad respect to Tuukka wish he played somewhere else tho so he could be loved by his team's fanbase as one of the best goalies of the era if not the best.

Will probably still be one of the best goalies in the league and contract with this price tag should be illegal. Wish he signed somewhere else(Pittsburgh!)

From now on Boston will be one of the elite teams again with Tuukka not getting any recognition.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark has been playing like their #1 guy lately and Cassidy is giving him the starts. He also has the bigger contract and if the kid is waiver exempt, and Rask is back in the picture, you make it happen.

Swayman has also been playing like a number 1 though. They have nearly identical stats on their last 10 games and swayman has been slightly better on the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad