Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Tuukka Rask signs (1 year, $1M)

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Swayman has also been playing like a number 1 though. They have nearly identical stats on their last 10 games and swayman has been slightly better on the year.
Swayman is 100% the goalie of the future in Boston, but against playoff teams this year he is 1-5-1 with a .903 SV%. Getting a ton of minutes in Providence and working on his rebound control won't be a bad thing for him. The schedule for the Bruins will be brutal making up the lost games so far this season, so I fully expect to see him back in Boston soon anyway.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
you-bros.gif

we ride together we die together

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Good.

Hate the Bruins - and I wish nothing but misery and despair and choke jobs and losses onto them and their fans - but this move always made sense. Sucks for Rask that it's only 1M$ though - he should ask for more. He's bending over backwards a bit too much in my opinion with his desire to remain in Boston.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Good.

Hate the Bruins - and I wish nothing but misery and despair and choke jobs and losses onto them and their fans - but this move always made sense. Sucks for Rask that it's only 1M$ though - he should ask for more. He's bending over backwards a bit too much in my opinion with his desire to remain in Boston.

Why say so?

Rask has said for years now he’d play for free if possible after his longterm deal ends

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Why say so?

Rask has said for years now he’d play for free if possible after his longterm deal ends

I'm always pro-players in contract situations. I don't think they should take team friendly deals - try to make the most $$ when you can. I'm not saying Rask should go and seek a 10M$ AAV contract like Price or Bob - but he should at least have asked for ~3-4M$ for 1 year. On the open market he easily would have gotten ~5-6M$+ for one year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm always pro-players in contract situations. I don't think they should take team friendly deals - try to make the most $$ when you can. I'm not saying Rask should go and seek a 10M$ AAV contract like Price or Bob - but he should at least have asked for ~3-4M$ for 1 year. On the open market he easily would have gotten ~5-6M$+ for one year.

He would have.

But the point is he didn’t care at all, he doesn’t care about making more money. He just wants to play and play for Boston.

His career earnings are 61M, he’s set for life already

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good.

Reactions: bobholly39

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Good.

He said it was Boston or he would retire and they money didn’t even matter to him. He just wanted to play

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Swayman is 100% the goalie of the future in Boston, but against playoff teams this year he is 1-5-1 with a .903 SV%. Getting a ton of minutes in Providence and working on his rebound control won't be a bad thing for him. The schedule for the Bruins will be brutal making up the lost games so far this season, so I fully expect to see him back in Boston soon anyway.

Ullmarks stats can’t be much better because I think until the bruins scored 5 goals against Tampa and 7 goals against the capitals they only had a couple wins against teams in playoff spots. Both goalies were struggling against good teams

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Ullmarks stats can’t be much better because I think until the bruins scored 5 goals against Tampa and 7 goals against the capitals they only had a couple wins against teams in playoff spots. Both goalies were struggling against good teams
Ullmark’s stats against playoff teams this season are 4-2-0 with a .919 SV%. Definitely better than Swayman. Swayman will most definitely be the Bruins #1 eventually, but he still has a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Good.

This guy is so angry.

Reactions: Bradely

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Good.

I think it's safe to say he didn't give two shits about the money any more, he just wanted to have the figure in the millions range, so to speak, to not have it look weird for everyone involved.

There's really no question whether he's worth $1m or not, but there's a related and quite real question, will this low-cost signing be actually beneficial for Bruins? Considering how they hardly can press-box him even if the focus and performance don't turn out to be up there for the rest of the season.

(And this simply remains to be seen; solid good performance is perhaps probable rather than merely possible, but it's not granted either. And then things would get a bit iffy.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad