Confirmed Trade: [BOS/TOR] James Greenway for future considerations

Batrous

May 4, 2016
The Leaf's non-first-round picks from 2015 to 2017 really haven't seemed to work out well. Dermott worked out from 2015 in terms of becoming an NHL regular but when you could have picked players like Aho and or Carlo it hurts. Timashov has only played in 45 games so far (and is no longer on the Leafs) and seems likely to be a 12th or 13th forward at this point at best. Brooks seems like the only remaining player from that 2016 draft the Leafs still have that was drafted outside the first round who might be able to make the Leafs next season. Woll is more than likely going to be a backup if he ever does make it and he needs to be healthy. Scott from the 2017 draft has had a terrible time just staying healthy as well and has barely been able to play. None of the other outside the first-round picks in 2017 look like they will be NHLers.

The Leafs drafting history in the last 6 or 7 drafts does not give me a lot of confidence they have been able to find the sort of diamond-type players teams need to find to be deep enough to be competitive.

Reactions: WillyNy

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I was thinking Eichel. And figured you’d make that connection given my avatar

You will get a mint for Eichel.
But trading McAvoy for Jack makes Boston worse, not better IMO. Charlie has become the cornerstone of the franchise with Chara leaving.
Very few players in the NHL that would even make Sweeney turn his head from McAvoy being untouchable. We need him too badly.

As for Boston and Eichel: We don't have the prospects or NHL players that we can afford to move to even entice Adams I think.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Count me as one of the folks who got excited after reading the title :laugh:.

upload_2021-7-26_14-38-36.png

Jokes aside, does he have any hope of an NHL future?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
You will get a mint for Eichel.
But trading McAvoy for Jack makes Boston worse, not better IMO. Charlie has become the cornerstone of the franchise with Chara leaving.
Very few players in the NHL that would even make Sweeney turn his head from McAvoy being untouchable. We need him too badly.

As for Boston and Eichel: We don't have the prospects or NHL players that we can afford to move to even entice Adams I think.

Greenway replaces him ;)

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Thought we got the good brother SMH

I'll mention it because no one else has yet: there are some character concerns with this player*, he was kicked off his original college team for cheating on schoolwork. Had to go back to the USHL iirc.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I had him as a "non-prospect prospect" at this point. Super long shot and getting anything for him at this point is a win.

Wish him luck, but another Hunter fridge defenseman that has done nothing. If he makes it great for him, and good job Boston.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The Leaf's non-first-round picks from 2015 to 2017 really haven't seemed to work out well. Dermott worked out from 2015 in terms of becoming an NHL regular but when you could have picked players like Aho and or Carlo it hurts. Timashov has only played in 45 games so far (and is no longer on the Leafs) and seems likely to be a 12th or 13th forward at this point at best. Brooks seems like the only remaining player from that 2016 draft the Leafs still have that was drafted outside the first round who might be able to make the Leafs next season. Woll is more than likely going to be a backup if he ever does make it and he needs to be healthy. Scott from the 2017 draft has had a terrible time just staying healthy as well and has barely been able to play. None of the other outside the first-round picks in 2017 look like they will be NHLers.

The Leafs drafting history in the last 6 or 7 drafts does not give me a lot of confidence they have been able to find the sort of diamond-type players teams need to find to be deep enough to be competitive.
2015, 16, & 17 were horrible. Thankfully our 1st rounders were gems. 2018 to now they did a complete pivot, hoping to see some develop into players soon.

Reactions: Batrous and Morgs

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
If JD comes to camp in a nasty mood and ready to play some big time D he could make the team.

1. Play positional D
2. Lay the body
3. Bring some nasty
4. Clean breakout pass
5. Toughness front of net presence
6. Come to camp ripped and in top shape

7. Become a nasty tough to beat Bruin D - man.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
and no, never really were
he took 5 years to get here
I personally would've been happy enough giving him an AHL look, but he was, truthfully, left out of almost Leafs prospect ranking or list for like 3 years now.
Most Leafs writers and fans forgot he even existed, forget being kind of high on him
Yeah I dont even think he made our top 20 list the past few seasons? I forgot he was still in the system tbh.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
If JD comes to camp in a nasty mood and ready to play some big time D he could make the team.

1. Play positional D
2. Lay the body
3. Bring some nasty
4. Clean breakout pass

Your AHL team?

Bruins board is hilarious. Guys look at PIMs and height and pencil him in bottom pair NHL. He’s likely a bottom pair AHL D right now at best. Wasn’t even a top 20 prospect on Leaf board rankings.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

1. Play positional D
2. Lay the body
3. Bring some nasty
4. Clean breakout pass

You just got him as a favour from the Leafs to the kid for future considerations. You're looking at a guy who'll be battling for ice time in the AHL. You're delusional if you think he's even in the Bruins top 10 depth chart on the blue line.

Reactions: inactive user

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

1. Play positional D
2. Lay the body
3. Bring some nasty
4. Clean breakout pass

Dude is going to have a hard time making Providence.

Also, what is the difference between 2, 3 and 7?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Project pick.

The Bruins system does a good job of developing dmen into NHL ( or potential NHL ) starters. We'll see how he progresses. Former teammate of Jeremy Swayman and Eduard Tralmaks, both in the Bruins organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad