Who?

Jordan Greenway? No?

1395.gif

Reactions: Morrison

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I thought the Leafs were kind of high on this kid. Next stop: Minnesota? Or Jordan to Boston? :scared:
and no, never really were
he took 5 years to get here
I personally would've been happy enough giving him an AHL look, but he was, truthfully, left out of almost Leafs prospect ranking or list for like 3 years now.
Most Leafs writers and fans forgot he even existed, forget being kind of high on him

Reactions: Unspecified

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Bust. Him and Rasanen had probably the lowest IQ of any Leaf prospect. Couple Mark Hunter fridges. Dealt with some personal problems and missed a lot of games a couple seasons ago.

Reactions: banks and Kurtz

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Bust. Him and Rasanen had probably the lowest IQ of any Leaf prospect. Couple Mark Hunter fridges. Dealt with some personal problems and missed a lot of games a couple seasons ago.

Didn't know about any personal problems. But yes, another bust from Mark Hunter. They focused on some overagers and size a bit in those years, and the results have been disastrous.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I was hoping this as well. Who is this one?
Jordan's brother
former Shattuck's St. Mary's and USNTDP player

He's a tall but slender defenseman who's slow on the ice and has had an equally a slow development curve, but admittedly has put some of his game back together this past year. Not a likely NHL player by any stretch

Did two years of NCAA then took a gap year back in the USHL after dealing with "some personal and academic" issues (but not a suspension) at school and then had to work on his conditioning and game shape (lost some muscle and mass along the way) - details were never given other than that the Leafs were aware of it and were supporting his decision to take a step back to regather himself.
Only source I could find quickly is softwalled, but here's a link: Badgers men's hockey: After absence, JD Greenway 'ready for moving forward'

After the USHL he went back to NCAA and attended the Leafs development camp in 2019 where he was... present.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad