Confirmed with Link: [BOS->TOR->FLA] TOR Claim Seth Griffith| Nov 11: Leafs Waive Griffith, claimed by FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Thought he looked really good and energetic in the limited outings he had with us. I can think of more sluggish Leafs who I wouldn't mind waiving.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Though Babcock isn't a normal coach - he's an 8 million dollar a year man.

He's going to be the most influential coach in the league as a result

Do you really think Lou gives a damn? He isn't going to be pushed around by anyone.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Do the Bruins pick Seth back up now that he is on waivers?
The rules state:
Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him. If the claiming team places the player on waivers in the same season and his original team claims him, the team may send the player to the AHL without placing him on waivers again unless he meets the criteria for waiver expiration below.

He at least would be a player for Providence and provide some scoring.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Though Babcock isn't a normal coach - he's an 8 million dollar a year man.

He's going to be the most influential coach in the league as a result

Babcock: But Lou, I make more money than you!
Lou:
Lou-Lamoriello-e1393606667278-770x470.jpg

Seriously though. Babs pay gives him swagger with the players. Now the players don't think hey I make 3 times your salary and just tune the coach out.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Do the Bruins pick Seth back up now that he is on waivers?
The rules state:
Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him. If the claiming team places the player on waivers in the same season and his original team claims him, the team may send the player to the AHL without placing him on waivers again unless he meets the criteria for waiver expiration below.

He at least would be a player for Providence and provide some scoring.

Most teams don't reclaim, so no.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Good luck to him. He didn't have a future here and would have been nothing more than a waste of contract space and a blocker for people to get in. Not good enough for top 9 role on a contender, but not big enough to be a 4th liner.

He was a free pick up too, so it's not like we lost anything here either... In fact we gained money (which isn't huge for us, but still), roster space and contract space, so it's addition by subtraction really.

Florida is a good team, and he got to make some money and play some real games with a big time local team. Maybe it was only 3 games, but it's like a hyped-up PTO.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I was hoping he would pass through waivers and we could assign him to the Marlies.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
As you become a team stocked with young talent, sometimes you will have to make moves like this which you normally wouldn't have been forced to make..you just hope that none of these guys come back to sting you!

Griffith will be fine. he should find a home somewhere.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
so dumb. Better AHL ppg than Brown, Leipsic, and Leivo.
I wouldn't necessarily take him over them, but taking Ben Smith over Griffith is just dumb.

oh well, nothing to do now.
best of luck in FLA

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Didn't understand why we claimed him, would rather give our own kids a shot . I'm glad someone picked him up and freed up a contract slot.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Panthers gain is the a leafs loss.

He is likely already a better player than as th (one of the absolute worst possession players in the entire NHL) when he's given a chance to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad