Post-Game Talk: BOS @ NYR | Still Alive

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Rask is a good goalie, with impecable stats, but January 2nd in 2007 he had a awful game, and subsequently benched in the next game at the IIHF U 20 Championship in Sweden. It was against the USA, and he was crap. He's hometown is famous for hosting the worlds in cell phone throwing championship. Incidently, the first US mobile throwing championship was held in 2008 in South Hadley, Ma. January 2nd 2007 was also the day North Korea told US negotiators they would abandon their nuclear programme by end of the year. This scouting report is going nowhere. Traffic is key, as always.

Sounds about right.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Any chance we get any reinforcements back for tomorrow? Still seems like an impossible feat to win in the TD Garden for some reason, please win! We need Brassard to step up tomorrow!

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Would you say it was lucky in the Bruin's favor that a shot that would have missed the net hit Hank in the top of the head and went straight up and landed on the goal line? That puck had no business being anywhere near the crease and yet there it was.

Why did it have no business being near the crease? Pucks are deflected a hundred times a game. Most goals come on deflections of some sort.This one was heading into the net, when a spin unlike any I have ever seen made it stop. Excellent eye hand coordination by a Bruin turned it into a goal. In a game where the Rangers scored as lucky a goal as you will see, it seems odd to moan about bad luck.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Any news on the injured guys?

the reports on twitter from yesterday's practice were that 19 of the 20 players who played game 4 were at the optional skate with the exception being Kreider having a maintenance day. Sounds like the lineup will be the same. It was later revealed that the scratches/black aces skated before and that included Clowe, Powe, Staal, Richards, and others. I did see one report that Stralman was doing an off ice workout.

Because of the 5:30 start today, they are not having a morning practice. So basically won't know anything until the warmup around 5ish.

Anyone know where there is a tsn stream of this game? I saw tsn highlights from game 4 and they know how to broadcast hockey the right way!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Why did it have no business being near the crease? Pucks are deflected a hundred times a game. Most goals come on deflections of some sort.This one was heading into the net, when a spin unlike any I have ever seen made it stop. Excellent eye hand coordination by a Bruin turned it into a goal. In a game where the Rangers scored as lucky a goal as you will see, it seems odd to moan about bad luck.

Calling that a lucky bounce when it was batted in a second or two later is nothing but semantics. It wound up in the net regardless. No Ranger fan in his right mind would come away from that entire event thinking 'Boy, we were lucky there!'--would they? As far as I'm concerned it might as well have bounced in.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Calling that a lucky bounce when it was batted in a second or two later is nothing but semantics. It wound up in the net regardless. No Ranger fan in his right mind would come away from that entire event thinking 'Boy, we were lucky there!'--would they? As far as I'm concerned it might as well have bounced in.

Guess I am not in my right mind, then.

It wasn't a goal because of an unlucky bounce. The bounce almost prevented a goal. If you think that is semantics I question your understanding of the word.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

It wasn't a goal because of an unlucky bounce. The bounce almost prevented a goal. If you think that is semantics I question your understanding of the word.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

'Almost' but didn't. It was a freak play that bit us right in the ass. Your trying to parse it any other way when that was the game winning goal with only a little time left notwithstanding. I'm not arguing about which team was carrying the play--just saying it was a freak play that bit us in the ass. We can return to the last game and say pretty much the same about Hagelin's goal--sometimes these things even out. Even so that was not a lucky bounce. It might just as well have gone right the **** in the net--with or without the help of Paille's hockey stick the result was the same and results matter--so yeah I consider your whole argument just crap.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
you're the guy who calls out the entire Ranger fan base on the main board. Why should anyone listen to you?

I think you are grossly exaggerating because
1) HFNYR does not represent even a fraction of the entire NYR fanbase
2) There were about 5 or 6 ranger guys in the main thread and they were almost all seemingly in another reality. Those 5 or 6 guys do not represent all of the NYR fans on HF
3) Why the hell wouldn't you comment then in the main thread where I said it instead of stalking me back to HFNYR?

I don't have to like anyone here and no one here has to like me in fact the whole entirety of HFNYR can put me on block and I'll go talk hockey on the main board no problem. Most people take themselves seriously here so there aren't many who I'm going to be best friends with because I'm almost always trying to futz around. If I am forced to be serious about things I try to get rational, logical discussion out of people which is extremely hard to do around here.
It is what it is but this shouldn't be a place where we take anything seriously especially not ourselves. I'll likely continue to challenge people and debate since that's one of the main purposes of this place.
Am I supposed to be loyal to you? There's no HFNYR brotherhood we're a bunch of scattered folks on a message board who treat each other like absolute garbage anyway so yes I called out the NYR fans in that thread. My opinion is they were talking out of their butt and apparently every other fan from every other fan base felt the same way. If you feel they weren't, fine, but you could have then challenged me in that thread and if I see the post I'll respond.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Basically the Bruins were driving the play for the first 3 and a half games. The Rangers gathered up some confidence in the second half of the last game and had the edge for that second half. The Bruins have been breaking out easier and have been winning more battles in the corners and along the walls. They're better at face-offs. They drive the net harder and their defense have better shots from the point. Rask is a very good (not great goalie). Three of the games have been close but that has a lot to do with our goalie. He's allowed us to hang around in at least 3 of the 4 games--no matter how subpar he may have been in the first game.

Personnel wise Boston has the better team. It might be closer if Richards was the player we thought he was going to be. I also prefer our defense corps (when it's all healthy) to theirs. None of our guys have the big shots that Chara, Boychuk or Krug have but Staal, Girardi and McDonagh are excellent defenders--Del Zotto, Stralman and Moore are very good as well and Eminger is fairly decent. Part of my preference though is because our corps is quite a bit younger. Their forwards are killing us. They have more size, strength and edge and even their 4th liners have pretty good skill. The reason why Haley and Newbury are okay is they can both skate pretty well and they both play a mean spirited game. Just hopefully they won't take needless penalties.

Boston at home certainly has the edge today. If the Rangers win though the Rangers are going to have some psychological advantage going into a 6th game at MSG. A couple mistakes though and that can change real quick. I'm not sure we're capable of coming back from being 2 goals down again. If the Bruins get that kind of lead again their foot is going right on the gas pedal then.

That's my synopsis of the series so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad