Proposal: Bos-nyi-col

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
NYI get: Matt Duchene + Chris Bigras

Avs get: David Pastrnak + Ryan Pulock + NYI 2018 1st

Bos get: Gabriel Landeskog + Kiefer Bellows

I wouldrather have Pulock. It will be interesting to look back in 5 seasons and compare what they have done at the nhl level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pasta is amazing, but Pulock is redundant in Colorado and giving up our two best trade pieces up front (one of whom is still needed to shepherd the next generation in) and 1 of only two LHD in the organization with top 4 talent; just for Pasta, a pick and a dman we're gunna have to flip is a big ask.

NYI jumps on this but Boston passes and it doesn't really work for Colorado either

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Terrible value-wise for Avs.

i dont disagree... they def get the shortest end of the stick here but turning Landy into Pasta would be a big win for their future IMO and gettting Pulock and a 1st for MD isn't the most larcenous thing ever. Its hard to find a small add that makes this better for avs without throwing off balance elsewhere

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
i dont disagree... they def get the shortest end of the stick here but turning Landy into Pasta would be a big win for their future IMO and gettting Pulock and a 1st for MD isn't the most larcenous thing ever. Its hard to find a small add that makes this better for avs without throwing off balance elsewhere

It's simple, you just add the CGY 1st and a 2nd from NY; then you remove Landeskog, Bigras, Pulock and Boston from the equation.

Easy fix.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Why a new thread?
This thread title "Matt Duchene Megathread pt3 - All News/Proposals Go Here" not clear enough for you?

Can a mod merge this with the existing one please?

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location
If I was an Avs fan and that's all I got back from Both Duchene and Landeskog together I'd be pretty pissed off. Not nearly enough value coming back, even with Pastrnak in there.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
If I was an Avs fan and that's all I got back from Both Duchene and Landeskog together I'd be pretty pissed off. Not nearly enough value coming back, even with Pastrnak in there.

All true. Plus, from the Islanders standpoint, you have them essentially trading 3 first round picks for Duchene. Not good for them.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Isles don't want Duchene anymore. Too much bad blood to overcome. He seems to prefer Nashville anyway, so hopefully they're willing to pony up 3-4 1st rounders for him.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
hard to decipher what is/what is not with Duchene rumors but the alleged Hamonic, Dal Colle and 18 1st= essentially 2 1sts, Dal Colle and 2 2nds which IMO is more than Bellows,18 1st and Pulock at the moment

That was his price at the draft. Without the Isles being realistic bidders anymore fair to say that bid is off the table.

You want a video game that's $19.99 on Black Friday, you can't cry to the manager when it goes back to $59.99 the next week. Prices change.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I like Bellows, and Landeskog isn't a bad player or anything, but given the other Fs Boston has, Landy just doesn't bring anything they don't aleady have.

Pasta's dynamic offsensive skillset is just a much bigger need than all around wing play.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
hard to decipher what is/what is not with Duchene rumors but the alleged Hamonic, Dal Colle and 18 1st= essentially 2 1sts, Dal Colle and 2 2nds which IMO is more than Bellows,18 1st and Pulock at the moment

The Islanders moved Hamonic because they feel Pulock can step into the second pairing now, so while the return for Hamonic, Dal Colle, and NYI's 2018 1st is more than Bellows, NYI's 2018 1st, and Pulock, that doesn't neccesarily mean it hits the Islanders less hard.

It actually hits them harder because Pulock will play a key role on the second pairing and on the powerplay.

Not sure if that makes sense, but picks just don't have huge value to the Islanders compared to NHL ready D that fills a hole.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dunno, as an Avs fan I'd jump all over this.

Our two biggest needs by far right now are a legit #1D(Which Sakic needs to realize and maybe already has realized, will only come from drafting one) and a high end goal scoring Winger.

Pasta would instantly fill one of those massive needs.

We also get another likely Mid 1st round pick and possibly even higher. I would say just remove Bigras and Pullock though. Pullock is highly redundant to us as we're strong on the Right side of our depth chart and in the NHL right now, but much weaker on the Left side.

A Pastrnak - Mackinnon - Rantanen top line would be unbelievably exciting to watch next year.

And we'd still have some solid depth options with Jost, Compher, Andrighetto, Greer, all developing and a wild card in Yakupov.

As an Avs fan I'd do it even if we lose slightly in value. Our top line becomes two 21 year olds, and a 20 year old all established quality players already and all still with a lot of room to grow.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
It's simple, you just add the CGY 1st and a 2nd from NY; then you remove Landeskog, Bigras, Pulock and Boston from the equation.

Easy fix.

so youre turning it into.....bellows, calgarys first ('18), long islands first ('18), and a second from long island for matt duchene? not in this ****ing lifetime pal.

at this point in time, i would reluctantly offer bellows and calgarys second ('19) and nothing more.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
so youre turning it into.....bellows, calgarys first ('18), long islands first ('18), and a second from long island for matt duchene? not in this ****ing lifetime pal.

at this point in time, i would reluctantly offer bellows and calgarys second ('19) and nothing more.

Is that for Carl Soderberg? I'd consider retaining 50% on him for that?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's fine, but you're not getting Matt Duchene to convince Tavares to stay for even close to that. Matt returns a lot better than that as a pure rental a year and a half from now.

Last edited:

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
i doubt very seriously that tavares is basing his decision on whether or not matt bloody duchene is an islander or not.

you are giving duchene credit for having WAAAAAAAAY to much power. do you think that maybe matt could get the ice at the barclays centre fixed too while hes at it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad