GDT: BOS @ MIN - 6:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Two huge points in the books. Chicago on Saturday, should beat them, unless it's a trap game :skeptic:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Was at the game and was not impressed with Jost at all. I’ll give whim time but he gets knocked off the puck too easily and doesn’t skate that well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was at the game and was not impressed with Jost at all. I’ll give whim time but he gets knocked off the puck too easily and doesn’t skate that well.
So, mediocre size, strength, and speed ? And all for the low, low cost of 2M/yr? I'd just as soon have Dewar at less than half that cap hit. Certainly Sturm...I'd take Sturm at 2M over Jost.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
That was more like it...finally had fun watching a game. Been a while. I wasn't really able to watch the NYR game so that doesn't count ;)

Kaprizov was incredible. Zuccarello had two incredible passes and maybe 5 questionable to horrible ones. When he takes those chances it either works out brilliantly or horribly.

Fiala is so so good. I can't even think about how they'll lose him. What a disappointment.

Hartman was nonexistent until the empty netter.

Thought the D men were a ton better.

4th line was pretty awful...not sure why but they didn't seem to have the energy. Bjugstad was getting knocked down too easily. Jost was invisible and almost gave up a good chance by missing a one-timer.

That's all I've got. Another two day rest should help recovery.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
So, mediocre size, strength, and speed ? And all for the low, low cost of 2M/yr? I'd just as soon have Dewar at less than half that cap hit. Certainly Sturm...I'd take Sturm at 2M over Jost.
As of now I don’t see any upside to Jost. Another small player to add to Spurgeon Zuc etc. if he can win a face off and move up to Hartman’s spot perhaps it makes sense but he sure didn’t look like anything last night. Unless you have extreme speed and skill little guys like Jost get ragdolled come playoffs.
(Floridas blue line added Chiarot? Good luck getting through that!)
Certainly saw more speed and hustle out of Sturm and Dewar.

It would do Hartman a lot of good to move to fourth line so he can put on his work boots and get grinding. Way too much coasting looking to make the Zuccarello perfect stretch pass and not enough physical play and hustle.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As of now I don’t see any upside to Jost. Another small player to add to Spurgeon Zuc etc. if he can win a face off and move up to Hartman’s spot perhaps it makes sense but he sure didn’t look like anything last night. Unless you have extreme speed and skill little guys like Jost get ragdolled come playoffs.
(Floridas blue line added Chiarot? Good luck getting through that!)
Certainly saw more speed and hustle out of Sturm and Dewar.

It would do Hartman a lot of good to move to fourth line so he can put on his work boots and get grinding. Way too much coasting looking to make the Zuccarello perfect stretch pass and not enough physical play and hustle.
I agree with everything but the Hartman opinion. He has had a terrific year for a guy making 1.7M. Certainly hasn't slowed down Zucc and Kap, and his toughness/defense has helped them a bit. His ideal spot is further down the lineup, maybe as a RW, but this year has been great for developing his confidence as an offensive player. Ideally he'd be a #3C or middle six RW on a line that needs some grit.

The Jost trade destroyed my dream that some playoff bound team (TOR, BOS) would be willing to pay a 1st + for Greenway, freeing up $$(together with some other moves) to re-sign Fiala.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I agree with everything but the Hartman opinion. He has had a terrific year for a guy making 1.7M. Certainly hasn't slowed down Zucc and Kap, and his toughness/defense has helped them a bit. His ideal spot is further down the lineup, maybe as a RW, but this year has been great for developing his confidence as an offensive player. Ideally he'd be a #3C or middle six RW on a line that needs some grit.

The Jost trade destroyed my dream that some playoff bound team (TOR, BOS) would be willing to pay a 1st + for Greenway, freeing up $$(together with some other moves) to re-sign Fiala.
Indeed Hartman has been a steal for his Cap hit. I’m a little concerned about face offs and defensive zone play. We will see I suppose if Jost is an improvement at 1C at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad