GDT: BOS @ MIN - 6:30 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Jost watch!

He's going to start out with a bang and then end up playing in the DEL in a few seasons.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’d assume we are in for more punishment here but who knows. Maybe we get the team that played the Rags.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Boston played last night but then again Nashville played last Saturday the day before we played them too. Maybe the two days off will help the legs/mind recover?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am sad about losing Sturm, and completely unexcited about Jost. Way to make the team slower, smaller, and worse defensively, Guerin. All for 1.25M more! My optimism about this team, and especially Guerin, is melting away like snow in spring.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I am sad about losing Sturm, and completely unexcited about Jost. Way to make the team slower, smaller, and worse defensively, Guerin. All for 1.25M more! My optimism about this team, and especially Guerin, is melting away like snow in spring.
I have a very thin vein of optimism for Jost picking it up with a change of scenery, but the next NHL game I see where he impresses me will be the first.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
UFA that must have made it clear he wouldn’t take a sweetheart deal, getting some value is better than none. Jost at least has some potential to hit another level, worth a shot IMO.

Should be a good game, we usually play well against BOS, hope for another big Boldy game!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
UFA that must have made it clear he wouldn’t take a sweetheart deal, getting some value is better than none. Jost at least has some potential to hit another level, worth a shot IMO.

Should be a good game, we usually play well against BOS, hope for another big Boldy game!
I don't see where Sturm would've asked for more than 2M, and might've settled for less. Meanwhile Jost is a sure thing at 2M for next year, when we desperately need cap space.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
That doesn't sound great.Slow and small? argh. GMBG said on yesterday's podcast that he has confidence in goalies regardless if, as Russo says they are analytically at the very bottom of the league. BG taking things personal. Can never build a team like that.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Bjugstad and Duhaime on 4th line. Im sure he'll get a shot with Kap -Zuc or Boldy Fiala at some point.
Nah I’d say that 4th is the best spot for him right now. Last year when he was crushing it, it was his two-way play that impressed. Occasional helping offensively, but even last year (arguably his best season) he had 17 points.

When he’s on he’s an ideal 3rd line guy, but I can’t see him bumping Eriksson-Ek out of that role.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Avalanche fan coming in peace. Any idea who Jost is going to have as linemates?
Bjugstad and Duhaime on 4th line. Im sure he'll get a shot with Kap -Zuc or Boldy Fiala at some point.

Centering Bjugstad and Duhaime tonight like already said
Not playing PP tonight, will play PK
Plan is to eventually move him into the top 6+PP though and see if he can click with our top six wingers. I'd imagine they want him to get some more time learning the team and system before they do that though.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't expect much from Jost, he has 6 goals and 8 assists in 59 games this season :rolleyes:

Btw, in the last game against Boston they targeted Kaprizov and Zuccarello, I sure hope the Wild will take care of this tonight.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Don't expect much from Jost, he has 6 goals and 8 assists in 59 games this season :rolleyes:

Btw, in the last game against Boston they targeted Kaprizov and Zuccarello, I sure hope the Wild will take care of this tonight.
Freddy G is having a career year already scoring well above previous highs with strong wingers. Jost could easily put up points between Kap and Zucc, just depends if he would be an upgrade over Hartmann or not. Many avs fans think not but we seem like we want to try it out.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This is probably the least excited I’ve been for a trade deadline since I got really into the Wild

Fiala could be in his last week as a Wild. It's sad, but if it happens, you should be excited about the return?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fiala is a RFA. So I believe they can wait for the season to end, before they move him? But I could be wrong here.
BY far, the most likely scenario is that they will keep Fiala for this season, and trade him in the summer. It's like;

1- Trade Fiala during the summer.

2- Sign Fiala long term during the summer

3- Trade Fiala at the TDL.

4- Sign Fiala to one more short term deal during the summer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala is a RFA. So I believe they can wait for the season to end, before they move him? But I could be wrong here.

Can you imagine a team hoping to make the playoffs trading their second best forward? Would have to be a hell of a deal. They can definitely wait until the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad