Proposal: BOS-LA-NYI

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Woo, cant wait to trade the Vezina trophy holder for 2 bottom of the roster JAGs and a 3rd JAG that gets paid like someone that's good
It’s an official HF board trade. Team A needs ______ (insert quality player from position of need) and offers up the bottom of the roster in return for it while pumping up the tires of bottom tier players. If Boston wants JGP, LA doesn’t need to be involved but it would be an interesting move if Boston was willing to deal futures in return.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Even being charitable to Pageau, Englund and Riitich, this is laughably bad for Boston. Englund gets a late pick at best, despite his heater Riitich is likely the same and Pageau is a 3C making $5M a year for two more years and having a pretty poor season. Even if Ullmark can never repeat his Vezina season from last year, he's a top 10 goalie.

Reactions: wintersej

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Ulmark is bad at playoffs. This is why Boston wants to move their Veznia winning goalie.
Or maybe it’s because we have two starting caliber goalies and serious needs elsewhere but believe whatever narrative you like.

Reactions: YP44

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Or maybe it’s because we have two starting caliber goalies and serious needs elsewhere but believe whatever narrative you like.
That's why everyone agrees that Ulmark will be moved & Boston will keep Swayman. One starting goalie is better than the other.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
No, Englund and Riitch are going to Boston, Ullmark to LA, and Pageau to Boston. I was thinking maybe Turcotte as the add from LA that would go to NYI for Pageau, and maybe a throw in here and there.

Ullmark traded because we have Swayman and we need help in the lineup, we’re starting to wilt.

Pretending Lamoriello would like to use this opportunity to move Pageau (and Boston would seem a prime target), I think the throw-in "here and there" would need to be somewhat measureable.

Pageau is what he is, but that's an element almost every team wants as a 3rd line center come playoff time. He still has 2 years on his contract. And more importantly, the Isles are not in a place where they "need" to move him.

And I have a strong feeling that he'd absolutely kill it for a team like Boston. He'd fit in quick and immediately be invigorated and thus become a guy with lots of intangibles.

So a young man like Turcotte on the cusp of busthood certainly wouldn't get it done, which you did indeed allude to.

Now, if I were to say that in addition to Turcotte (not a terribly bad idea, even if I think the Isles would demand Sam Helenius instead) the very prospect-poor NYI would have to get the rights to Liiga Dman Otto Salin and 2025 3rd rounder from LA as well as the rights to BC winger Oscar Jellvik and SHL Dman Jon Myrenberg from the Bruins, are these prices the respective teams would be willing to pay?

In and of themselves, these assets are no big loss to either LA or BOS, even if fans may say, "I kinda like that guy. Would hate to lose him." None are "top prospects" at the moment.

As a plus point, the NYI could theoretically take back a bit of contract if say Boston would need/want to dump that in the process.

Last edited:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
As a plus point, the NYI could theoretically take back a bit of contract if say Boston would need/want to dump that in the process.
How much contract are you thinking the Islanders would take? There’s not much wiggle room on the cap for them right now so at the very most, it would be $1m. You were in the right path though with a borderline bust in Turcotte not being enough for the Islanders. There’s one of those in Oliver Wahlstrom at the moment on the roster, 2 would be excessive.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That's why everyone agrees that Ulmark will be moved & Boston will keep Swayman. One starting goalie is better than the other.

Or one is five years younger.

In reality, I could see either being moved. Swayman has no trade protection and would bring a bigger haul.

But, Bruins fans love Swayman so you won’t see them making proposals about him.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Why would the Kings be interested?
Kaliyev is from NY and Wahlstrom has history on TV as a star (he was 9) so obviously it’s a clear match. You guys get the TV star and the Isles get the local kid (Staten Island is somewhat close).

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Why would the Kings be interested?
because he's been either playing most of the year when he's in the lineup (been scratched a bunch of games) sparely on the 4th line. Both him and Wally are very similar

Kaliyev - 22 yrs old - drafted 2nd round (33nd overall)
Wally - 23 yrs old - drafted 1st round (11th overall)

Career stats
Kaliyev - 181 games - 34 goals 36 assist - 70 pts - 12:23 avg ice time
Wally - 193 games - 34 goals 33 assist - 67 pts - 11:52 avg ice time

Both are RFAs at the end of the year. Both have never truly received a regular shot with their club. If you check, there time both would get under 10 minutes a game a bunch of times.

Both are very talented. To me both have a better shot at a decent NHL career if they go to another team and environment.

It's a low risk move for both teams. I don't see either club resigning them at the end of the year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Boston is not trading Ullmark during the season.
But if it helped them build depth for this year why not?

because he's been either playing most of the year when he's in the lineup (been scratched a bunch of games) sparely on the 4th line. Both him and Wally are very similar

Kaliyev - 22 yrs old - drafted 2nd round (33nd overall)
Wally - 23 yrs old - drafted 1st round (11th overall)

Career stats
Kaliyev - 181 games - 34 goals 36 assist - 70 pts - 12:23 avg ice time
Wally - 193 games - 34 goals 33 assist - 67 pts - 11:52 avg ice time

Both are RFAs at the end of the year. Both have never truly received a regular shot with their club. If you check, there time both would get under 10 minutes a game a bunch of times.

Both are very talented. To me both have a better shot at a decent NHL career if they go to another team and environment.

It's a low risk move for both teams. I don't see either club resigning them at the end of the year.

Rather keep the devil I know or use Kaliyev as part of a package than a 1 for 1 swap of similar player.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Pretending Lamoriello would like to use this opportunity to move Pageau (and Boston would seem a prime target), I think the throw-in "here and there" would need to be somewhat measureable.

Pageau is what he is, but that's an element almost every team wants as a 3rd line center come playoff time. He still has 2 years on his contract. And more importantly, the Isles are not in a place where they "need" to move him.

And I have a strong feeling that he'd absolutely kill it for a team like Boston. He'd fit in quick and immediately be invigorated and thus become a guy with lots of intangibles.

So a young man like Turcotte on the cusp of busthood certainly wouldn't get it done, which you did indeed allude to.

Now, if I were to say that in addition to Turcotte (not a terribly bad idea, even if I think the Isles would demand Sam Helenius instead) the very prospect-poor NYI would have to get the rights to Liiga Dman Otto Salin and 2025 3rd rounder from LA as well as the rights to BC winger Oscar Jellvik and SHL Dman Jon Myrenberg from the Bruins, are these prices the respective teams would be willing to pay?

In and of themselves, these assets are no big loss to either LA or BOS, even if fans may say, "I kinda like that guy. Would hate to lose him." None are "top prospects" at the moment.

I think you are the first person to agree with me that Pageau would be great in Boston; he fits exactly what we really need; solid two-way center that can win faceoffs. I think he would pair incredibly well with Marchand too. Most people thought I was ripping off Boston; so I've added a few more pieces.

to BOS: Pageau, Laferriere, Englund, Riitch, Jack Hughes
to NYI: Helenius, Myrenberg, 2025 LA 3rd RD Pick
to LA: Ullmark, Forbort (75% retained), Steen

W9M8L1_zU_sMWwlTKOP3ul_UabBVcJzyW1ufrBMTi_5TTZk8MkZ0yPrwli9PRPQVsyf0fDrnjaA42TgmtvqW76vhyn-q7s5r7P4XN_TXpROhAnpfthRWyr-fE-XlFbz-fHCKq7o_gufQeKybdBdb0Fg

6N9f1DauYSgrw5I0a7pOaS9Tt5QYvz5geb8jT3h5L-15b_xpGHM-KdVLIkr1Wi2h-x5PTVYr5Fw533z72YMSG1NaGYJdy49oVxBc3WaaYbZNeg0gZgQ0_vkQKupfa-my-Qs-xQ7LxKrTzfeu5onQJX4

82kJB63d_MrJdVJPN5oHMU7FK6qHZKGSDMjGA2QydPJfR7cc9_LssT1oTwxuUV82diKT5_XlgO_PUl5unqPG9AKjRY3piL3xrNVOHxJqnSw-snmy2pSlK_S627EwRqohMu0aIroDOE_6jxQ4AM-DMmM

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins4thecup65

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think you are the first person to agree with me that Pageau would be great in Boston; he fits exactly what we really need; solid two-way center that can win faceoffs. I think he would pair incredibly well with Marchand too. Most people thought I was ripping off Boston; so I've added a few more pieces.

W9M8L1_zU_sMWwlTKOP3ul_UabBVcJzyW1ufrBMTi_5TTZk8MkZ0yPrwli9PRPQVsyf0fDrnjaA42TgmtvqW76vhyn-q7s5r7P4XN_TXpROhAnpfthRWyr-fE-XlFbz-fHCKq7o_gufQeKybdBdb0Fg

6N9f1DauYSgrw5I0a7pOaS9Tt5QYvz5geb8jT3h5L-15b_xpGHM-KdVLIkr1Wi2h-x5PTVYr5Fw533z72YMSG1NaGYJdy49oVxBc3WaaYbZNeg0gZgQ0_vkQKupfa-my-Qs-xQ7LxKrTzfeu5onQJX4

82kJB63d_MrJdVJPN5oHMU7FK6qHZKGSDMjGA2QydPJfR7cc9_LssT1oTwxuUV82diKT5_XlgO_PUl5unqPG9AKjRY3piL3xrNVOHxJqnSw-snmy2pSlK_S627EwRqohMu0aIroDOE_6jxQ4AM-DMmM
pass from LA

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Ullmark to LA for Englund & Riitch and something to NYI
Pageau to Boston for the extra from LA and something reasonable from Boston

No idea what the blanks are, but thought this was a good start for Boston, addressing their size and grit on the backend, center issue, and face off problems. Probably needs something added and some salary cap work too.

Edit:

Opie really edited the OP and gave Boston Jack Hughes....

lol

• Haha
Reactions: Glorydays22

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
You know there is another Jack Hughes right?? Playing for BU right now.

No I truly didn't and i imagine others haven't either. You should probably specify when making a proposal with NJ.

Obv NJ would never trade him but you neber know what people are smoking on these boards when making proposals

Reactions: Glorydays22 and SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
LA drafted the 'other' Jack Hughes in the 2nd RD of 2022. I don't believe he's even signed yet because he's at BU; so it's really just his rights.

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Easy pass from LA.

Reactions: go4hockey

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Islanders need forwards, not goalies or defensemen. There’s 9 defenders on the roster right now, 6 of them are signed for next season as well. Toss in the 2 goalies with another 3 more seasons as a tandem.

Yeah - The Islanders have 9 "defensemen." Are upcoming UFAs/waiver fodder Aho, Reilly, and Bortuzzo included in that 9? After Dobson, it's not like any of them are that great, or will be with the team when they're ready to compete again.

And why don't people understand that any player or pick is just an asset...That can be traded again.

Right now Pageau has so little trade value that if you get 2 young players and a pick for him you do it. That gives you more trade, and cap, flexiblity (not to mention more desperately needed youth) that you can start making other moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad