Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Jake DeBrusk signs extension (2 years, $3.675M AAV)

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Debrusk is good, potentially very good, and he fits great with Boston. The deal looks good for both sides as long as the cap doesn't go crazy

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This makes sense. Still doesn't change the fact the Bruins are a one line team.

Krejci is still a good 2C and DeBrusk is a top 6 winger. They have Kase who’s a 2nd line option when healthy and Coyle who can play anywhere in the middle 6.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krecji - Kase
Bjork - Coyle - C.Smith

Unless you’re implying to start the year with Marchand and Pasta out your comment makes no sense. Any team missing their 2 too offensive players though is going to feel that loss.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This!

AND....

potentially no Chara; lets see how "tough" after the whistle shenanigans are now

You are a few years behind reality at this point.

Sure, but I think it is a different scenario. Debrusk has had a much easier group of wingers to break ahead of.

Boston would kill to have one of Hyman or Nylander on L2 over the past two years.

Hyman? Hyman on the top two lines is a problem. That would hurt the Bruins and make them even more of a one line team.

The Bruins issue is and has been for years the 2nd line RW.

Reactions: Mantis

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Hyman? Hyman on the top two lines is a problem. That would hurt the Bruins and make them even more of a one line team.

My point is Johnsson and Kappy had to play above Nylander, Hyman, Marner for PP and top six time. Debrusk hasn’t really had anybody above him giving him steady minutes with Coyle or Krejci.

Hyman has been a much better winger than Debrusk the last two years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Hyman scored 21 goals in 51 games and 37 points in 2019-20. That pro rates to a 34 goal and 59 points season which would be good enough even for any top six unit in the league.

Reactions: rubous

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Hyman scored 21 goals in 51 games and 37 points in 2019-20. That pro rates to a 34 goal and 59 points season which would be good enough even for any top six unit in the league.

Considering the system and his line mates I would hope he did in the recent high scoring NHL. Considering the larger sample size, I wouldn't want him in my top six.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Considering the system and his line mates I would hope he did in the recent high scoring NHL. Considering the larger sample size, I wouldn't want him in my top six.

Well, if we refer back to the two year sample size you mentioned earlier, he was still a 21 goal scorer in 2018-19. But I think we can agree on the idea that neither of us wants Hyman on the Bruins!

Reactions: rubous

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

Is Debrusk playing in some system limiting him from reaching his offensive peak in Boston? Do you want Debrusk in your top six?

Hyman is the much better 5v5 player. He’s good for around 40 ES pts when healthy for three years running. They have the same production over the last two years with Debrusk playing a handful of more games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blue

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

A guy on pace for 34 goals and 59 points, who is a puckhound and penalty kills would hurt your team.

Lmao.

The guy literally outscored debrusk in 15 less games, while being a better player on the forecheck. He also had more hits, more blocks, less giveaways, more takeaways. Was the better penalty killer, had better Fenwick, corsi and overall possession stats.

He would be very valuable for the bruins. Thankfully neither one of us want him on your second line.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Idunkmyoreos

Sep 28, 2017
Some thing I do not understand, every time there is a thread dealing with a Bruin's player it quickly is loaded with Toronto fans finding fault with that player,. That is followed by their touting one of their players being better and the Bruins being a one line team. So how come every year the Bruins finish higher in the standings and the difference in points has been getting larger each of the last several years.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Some thing I do not understand, every time there is a thread dealing with a Bruin's player it quickly is loaded with Toronto fans finding fault with that player,. That is followed by their touting one of their players being better and the Bruins being a one line team. So how come every year the Bruins finish higher in the standings and the difference in points has been getting larger each of the last several years.

Go reread the thread. Someone immediately brought up Toronto and why Boston is better. Also, I'm not a Leafs fan. Pens.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018

I prefer DeBrusk over Hyman aswell. However, I do not think Hyman playing in Toronto's top six is an issue since he serve his role well in being the puckhound in the top 6 forechecking and digging for the puck along the board. He is effective in doing the heavylifting when battling for the puck for Matthews' or Tavares' line. I'm not sure how I would rate Hyman as an individual player, but I think he does fine with skill players in the top six. So I do not see the issue with him in the top six.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
So.... how much cap space have the Bruins left and who is left to sign? Will they have enough space to make an offer to Hoffman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad