Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Jake DeBrusk signs extension (2 years, $3.675M AAV)

bergeronsboys

Jan 10, 2014
ON
What’s a reasonable expectation for his production next season (82 game pace)?
IMO anywhere from 20-20-40 to 25-25-50...seems like a streaky player so far in his career but if some chemistry clicks with potential line mates he should produce ~50 points consistently

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Re-signing players to good value deals is Sweeney’s biggest strengths. No surprise here. Still, I wish he would also have the ability to add someone better than a middle six winger to make the team better with all that cap space.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Good value. I’m glad we did not trade him. We have a tough history of trading players in his age/production range only for them to light it up elsewhere.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Bruins were fortunate to catch him in a down year for contract purposes... if he took the next step he'd easily be worth a 5x$5m deal if not a bit more. I think a 30 goal season in one of the next two is definitely in the cards should his health improve (considering he's missed 10+ games in 2 of 3 seasons). Love this deal for Boston.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Bruins were fortunate to catch him in a down year for contract purposes... if he took the next step he'd easily be worth a 5x$5m deal if not a bit more. I think a 30 goal season in one of the next two is definitely in the cards should his health improve (considering he's missed 10+ games in 2 of 3 seasons). Love this deal for Boston.

I think its more anyone signing anyone right now to term is getting decent value.

That being said I think Debrusk on this type of deal was never going to get above 4 mil. And considering Boston is notorious for getting lowballed contracts signed, no surprises here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad