PTO: [BOS] F Alex Chiasson signs PTO with the Bruins (released)

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He doesnt do much well but you can do a lot worse for an extra forward. Too bad he is such a puppy dog, if he had a bit of snarl to him he could be a very good 4th liner. Can play PP2, decent goal scorer, can do well on the cycle.

Reactions: banks

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Has kinda felt inevitable that someday he would be a Bruin. Adds some competition for bottom six RW, but would be disappointing if he made the roster.
I wouldn't be too disappointed. Give him 4th line minutes + PP time and he's golden. Enjoyed watching him as a wing last year. Better than Lucic and Greer imo.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Feels weird that guys like Sutter and Chiasson are getting PTO's while there are still some good players who arent getting PTO's. Guess they think theres still a chance they actually get contracts?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
20230821_124014.gif

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, a guy like Chiasson can help a team meet the veteran minimum requirement (8) for a preseason game. Maybe doesn't seem like a high number, but most teams have back-to-backs in preseason and generally a team is going to make players suit up in both. Boston has games on October 2nd+3rd. Having a guy like Chiasson saves another core player from having to make a road trip.

Edit:

For fun, here were the rosters that Boston used for a couple preseason games last year. Pastrnak, Lindholm, Carlo, and Swayman didn't dress in either game. I think fans sometimes don't realize it's standard procedure to send a junky squad for a road preseason game. Veterans in bold (a first rounder from the most recent draft also counts):

October 1 vs. Philadelphia

LW: Hall-Zacha-Foligno-Frederic
C: Bergeron-Krejci-Nosek-Beecher
RW: DeBrusk-Lysell-Wagner-McLaughlin

LD: Forbort-Zboril-Ahcan-Wolff
RD: Clifton-Wissmann
G: Ullmark (played whole game)-Kinkaid

October 3 @ New Jersey

LW: Frederic-Greer-Koppanen-Lauko
C: Coyle-Nosek-Beecher-Steen-Lettieri
RW: Smith-Studnicka-McLaughlin

LD: Reilly-Renouf-Ahcan-Wolff
RD: Clifton-Carrick
G: Kinkaid (played first two periods)-Keyser

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If you need a secondary PP option and a guy who can cycle and score the odd one from the bottom 6 he’s a good player to have around. He kills it on tryouts so I bet he makes it.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
KIng of the PTO's. He is not bad as a 4th line option. You can also throw him in front of the net on the powerplay as well. There are certainly less productive players you can add dirt cheap as 4th liners or an extra forward. If you have an injury you can even slot in into the top 6 for a short period in a pinch as well. Not a guy you want to rely on but a nice fill in player.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Feels weird that guys like Sutter and Chiasson are getting PTO's while there are still some good players who arent getting PTO's. Guess they think theres still a chance they actually get contracts?

I hear you. I could make a whole team out of still available free agents and still might not have Chiasson on the roster.

But Chiasson seems to know his lane, and he'll take the PTO when he can get it. You're right that better players still think they'll land a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad