Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] David Backes (5 years, $6.000M AAV)

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
It's funny but someone said that right before they won a Stanley cup in 2011.

If they add a couple of D they could be as good as anyone in the east.
lightning/panthers/pens/caps - will disagree to that.

member 157595

It's funny but someone said that right before they won a Stanley cup in 2011.

If they add a couple of D they could be as good as anyone in the east.

Are the two D Erik Karlsson and Drew Doughty?

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
Assuming you're correct and the Bruins are the 5th best team in the East, that's firmly in the playoffs and with tuuka and center depth I like our chances.

Nope after those four it's a gamble with everyone else. I see them missing by a point or two again.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
I can't wait to watch the Habs run circles around Backes

The only reason I like this signing is so that I can watch Backes **** up several Habs players for the next couple years. I'll think of you every time he does it. Run circles? Your team is not good.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The only reason I like this signing is so that I can watch Backes **** up several Habs players for the next couple years. I'll think of you every time he does it. Run circles? Your team is not good.

As an outsider I'm looking forward to it as well. Very happy he's not in the west anymore. He hurts opponents every single game. Dude is vicious.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Loving the Bruins hate :cry: Could care less what any other fan base think We are a better team today than last year ,we sucked and still had 90 plus point.

Hopefully Backes hurts a few people this year :handclap:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
The money is a bit much for that term. But I'm happy to have a big forward that hits people. Eriksson got an extra year for the same money and he is soft as butter. I don't think i've seen many players as soft as him.

Also really happy with the super cheap Riley Nash signing. Bruins got some good physical two way players today. That makes me happy.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Nope after those four it's a gamble with everyone else. I see them missing by a point or two again.

I see them making it by a point or two. See how easy that is to say things?

With another d man the Bs will be right in the thick of it. Not the favorites but definite playoffs IMO.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Can't keep a player that doesn't want to be their.

I think it was more they weren't willing to pay him. The report was they wouldn't do 6 years and wanted to give him 4. The bruins are becoming a fast, skilled offensive team and they just locked up Backes for 5 years. Makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad