Confirmed with Link: [BOS/ARI] Michael Callahan traded to Boston for a 2024 7th round pick

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m guessing BA wasn’t in love with him, knew he had to sign him or let him walk as a UFA due to college rules, asked him where he would ideally sign as a UFA, was given a few team names but called Boston and asked for their latest pick in the draft.
This strikes me as exactly as likely as my thing. 50/50. :)

Reactions: RABBIT

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I’m guessing both organizations like him and he needs to stay put in Providence for some reason. Thus a favor was done.

If I recall, his sophomore season occurred after PC lost a few D, and Mirageas (NYI draft pick) was hurt through the year. Nearly every LHD was a small freshman (under 6 ft and 180 lbs.) behind Callahan and Mirageas.

I think they had to put him on PP more often, which led to the scoring increase. After that, it was back to being more of a defensive D, as he has the best size for D on roster.

Reactions: CDJ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Scott Wheeler (Athletic) had Callahan as our 10th best prospect and their being a divide on some who thought he could play in NHL as a bottom pairing depth D and others who think he is a AHL/European player. A every situation player.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I'm stingy then. I would not trade my 2nd for four 7's. No chance.
A little off topic but I'm also not letting the Leafs have that 2025 2nd that they are desperately going to need. I don't care if it's four drafts away. Time flies and I'm patient. A second for Bush they are going to regret, and I will be the first in line to remind them about the fleece I've been reading about and hearing from their podcasts.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
A little off topic but I'm also not letting the Leafs have that 2025 2nd that they are desperately going to need. I don't care if it's four drafts away. Time flies and I'm patient. A second for Bush they are going to regret, and I will be the first in line to remind them about the fleece I've been reading about and hearing from their podcasts.

I probably wouldn't either. :D

Odds of getting an NHL player in the 7th much diminished from rd 2.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Agree. Also that's the year AFTER Matthews and Nylander go UFA, so it's possible they'll be bad and that 2nd will actually be at the top or middle of the round or something

Reactions: moosemeister

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Bruins fan coming in peace.

You guys are officially my new #2 team.

The arena situation, the throwback uniforms, the full rebuild.

I’ve heard such great things about the fan base that exists and I’m rooting for it all to come together for you guys soon.

I just ordered a Kachina cap.

Over the years, I've had occasional issues with Bruins fans...

...but...

I met some cool ones when we played Boston in Prague in 2010. Little did I know I was watching the stanley cup champions in that early season game, and had I known I would have hoped it was us...still I hang my Coyotes/Bruins scarf I bought outside the arena that night proudly.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Bruins fan coming in peace.

You guys are officially my new #2 team.

The arena situation, the throwback uniforms, the full rebuild.

I’ve heard such great things about the fan base that exists and I’m rooting for it all to come together for you guys soon.

I just ordered a Kachina cap.

Manchester man! Former Nashua guy here. Last Bruins game I went to was during Jumbo Joe's rookie year.

Reactions: smithformeragent

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Over the years, I've had occasional issues with Bruins fans...

...but...

I met some cool ones when we played Boston in Prague in 2010. Little did I know I was watching the stanley cup champions in that early season game, and had I known I would have hoped it was us...still I hang my Coyotes/Bruins scarf I bought outside the arena that night proudly.

You have issues with everyone. :P

Well.... not as much as Jakey does :D

Reactions: Kaizen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad