Confirmed with Link: [BOS/ARI] Michael Callahan traded to Boston for a 2024 7th round pick

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I don’t think we got a draft choice for Clifton though right? Didn’t we just let him go without a contract?

At least we got an asset here..

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think we got a draft choice for Clifton though right? Didn’t we just let him go without a contract?

At least we got an asset here..
Ben McCartney is a 7th rounder taken by this scouting group and he has already played in the NHL.

we traded for an extra 7th last year to take Lipkin from the Chicago Steel and he’s had a breakout season this year.

Reactions: Grimes

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
iu

GermanCoyotes96

Feb 21, 2022
Germany
I also had higher hopes for him after 28 points in 19/20. But it looks like they wouldn't have signed him in the summer and he still gets a late draft pick.

Wasn't McCartney drafted by GMBA inadvertently because Armstrong signed on just before the draft and couldn't intervene?

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I just looked this morning at the prospects needing to be signed this year and was wondering what the thoughts were for Callahan as I know nothing about him. Got my answer.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I also had higher hopes for him after 28 points in 19/20. But it looks like they wouldn't have signed him in the summer and he still gets a late draft pick.

Wasn't McCartney drafted by GMBA inadvertently because Armstrong signed on just before the draft and couldn't intervene?
Armstrong himself wasn’t involved in that draft. His guy ran it though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ben McCartney is a 7th rounder taken by this scouting group and he has already played in the NHL.

we traded for an extra 7th last year to take Lipkin from the Chicago Steel and he’s had a breakout season this year.
I love both of these picks so much and I honestly think both have a great chance of being 2/3rds of a great energy line for us one day.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Both BA and JFJR have DEEP ties to Providence. BA is a Providence guy. Was based out of there for years and years. Got his post playing career started there. He’s connected there. If he decided he no longer wanted the captain of the Friars in his system, I’m sure there’s a good reason. And that reason honestly might be doing the kid a favor. Who knows? Maybe he’s got a family issue and he’s turning pro and he needs to play for the Providence Bruins.

Reactions: ck26

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I’m guessing both organizations like him and he needs to stay put in Providence for some reason. Thus a favor was done.

I’m guessing BA wasn’t in love with him, knew he had to sign him or let him walk as a UFA due to college rules, asked him where he would ideally sign as a UFA, was given a few team names but called Boston and asked for their latest pick in the draft.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad