Proposal: BOS-ANA

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Pretty accurate. He would likely be on the second pairing with Drysdale.
Thats the way I had your top four looking but I feel like you could also mix and match them pretty well too. Forbort gets a ton of defensive zone starts...70% in Boston the last two years. You could pair him up with Gudas for a lot of defensive zone draws and just unleash Fowler and Drysdale offensively

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I guess the main difference between those situations is Boston likely needs the extra cap space much more than Minnesota did last year. But yes, from a Ducks perspective it’s pretty similar.
But I think Forbort has more value league wide then Kulikov did. Kulikov was a pure cap dump for Minny. Boston would rather keep Forbort if they could, and I'm sure other teams would be interested in him also.

I think the upside of having Forbort next to Drysdale and then possibly getting an asset for him at the deadline is worth more then trying to get a 3rd out of it.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
With Bergeron’s retirement, what would Boston fans think about Henrique @ 50% ($2.9M) for 1st + Forbort ($3M)? Or would Boston fans expect the team slows it down and doesn’t try to win immediately?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With Bergeron’s retirement, what would Boston fans think about Henrique @ 50% ($2.9M) for 1st + Forbort ($3M)? Or would Boston fans expect the team slows it down and doesn’t try to win immediately?
I feel like Bruins almost have to look for ways to build back up and win immediately.

Still have a solid defense/wingers and goaltending... without doing a full rebuild there isnt exactly a good way to find centers.

I imagine they will set their sights on Lindholm... as he should be available. Henrique would be a good add for them but i imagine their 1sts will be used to bring lindholm in.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure the Bruins need another C of Henrique's style. They have Zacha, Coyle, Geekie, don't need another ~40point C.....

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Why waste a 1st on Henrique?

Reactions: Hookslide

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
With Bergeron retiring today, it's time for Boston to hold onto most if not all of their draft picks going forward. Last year was the last hurrah for them. They have enough good players to compete but, with no centers, they are in the mushy middle at best now.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I doubt they’d go 1st rounder for Henrique.

Is Krejci done?

Almost certainly. He gave an interview back in the home country saying he wouldn't really want to play until January and left all the leagues open. If its NHL, it's Boston, obviously, but I just think that last season was his last go at it at the NHL level.

Bruins will be looking at Schief and Lindholm and then to the next batch next offseason if there is not a match. Next offseason they will have oodles of money, but they won't be adding any new prospects to help get a deal done, just praying some of the few they have blossom.

Reactions: McDonald19

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
40 point forward in Anaheim is like a 60 point forward on Boston. Look at how Hampus exploded in Boston going from a 35 point Dman to a 53 point one.
You’re being overly generous in your assessment of Anaheim Lindholm. He never once scored 35 points and only hit 30 three times. He was mostly a 20-something point player in Anaheim. (Which supports your point even more). However, I’m not sure Henrique becomes a 60 point player as he was never one in Jersey either.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins do not have a first and should give first for him anyways.........

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
With Bergeron retiring today, it's time for Boston to hold onto most if not all of their draft picks going forward. Last year was the last hurrah for them. They have enough good players to compete but, with no centers, they are in the mushy middle at best now.
Well they've already given up a 1st this year so they'll want to push for playoffs at least once more before a real retool

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
You’re being overly generous in your assessment of Anaheim Lindholm. He never once scored 35 points and only hit 30 three times. He was mostly a 20-something point player in Anaheim. (Which supports your point even more). However, I’m not sure Henrique becomes a 60 point player as he was never one in Jersey either.
Jersey was usually one of the worst offensive teams when he was there and relied on Schneider to win games for them.
but at this stage in his career probably only 50 points is realistic but in his prime he probably could score 60 points if he didn't play for Jersey or on the bad Ducks teams.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Jersey was usually one of the worst offensive teams when he was there and relied on Schneider to win games for them.
but at this stage in his career probably only 50 points is realistic but in his prime he probably could score 60 points if he didn't play for Jersey or on the bad Ducks teams.
Agreed. He might’ve done more on a more offensive team. I think he’s pretty underrated which is why he’ll not likely get a great return either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad