Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki signs three-year extension

BadBallLaker

Jul 29, 2014
Thought we're try something new and let this community know first...

BREAKING: The #Sens have agreed to terms with defenceman Mark Borowiecki on a three-year contract extension.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Removing knee jerk reaction....

Disagree with the signing let him play the season out, signing a unproven kid for 3 more years at a position of depth is kinda weird

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
1.1 AAV. I don't really see the point but I guess it means they believe in him. How many bubble players with almost no nhl experience get four years of guaranteed nhl salary though? Seems strange.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Managment is clearly of the mind that he's good enough

Good thing I do have faith in them because I have none in Borocop

EDIT: ohhh, I had not noticed that someone from the Senators made the OP! That was pretty cool

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't think things look good for Wiercioch right now :( , or maybe Methot negotiations are going sour.

One M0RE YEAR

Jun 5, 2013
Crazy! I wonder what this means for our defense. We have 5 LD's on one way deals for the foreseeable future (que weircioch trade)

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
Opens a lot of options for the teams. Could be a sign and trade of a physical defenseman, a non cap team wouldn't fuss over a 1.1m cap hit, if that's what it is. It could mean methot Cowen or wier are on the trading block. Personally I'm not too high on boro yet and would have rather seen him prove himself before handing out 3 years.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Thought we're try something new and let this community know first...

BREAKING: The #Sens have agreed to terms with defenceman Mark Borowiecki on a three-year contract extension.

Hey, Thanks for that. Nice to see the respect given.

Boro, coming from Ottawa, is a good deal for the community.

I'd expect something else to be up trade wise. Maybe a LD for a RD type of exchange.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Appreciate the outreach, thanks!

Not too sure on this signing. Why re-sign him for another three years when he hasn't even played one game on the current deal? Unless the organization is sure his value will skyrocket, in which case this could be a steal of a deal.

Sure hope it doesn't mean the Methot deal is falling apart, though. Would love to see Marc spend a long time here.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
It's the Sens communications department, I don't think they're pulling our leg...

The tweet also appeared here two minutes before it was posted on Twitter.

Cool! Like the idea.

Not really a fan of the signing just because Boro is unproven, but be interested to see what this means for the rest of our defense.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hope it is some kind of 2-way deal that pays him $300k in the AHL. Lining him up to be long-term AHL leader and call-up. But with a contract that makes him waiver proof because of the big AHL $$$$.

Unlikely. If this is a 3 year guaranteed deal to a player that isn't NHL calibre. I just don't want to cheer for this team much. Boro is great. But if he is all the Sens aspire to have on this team, we are never going to compete. Plus it just boggles the mind. Boro has absolutely no leverage now. Why sign him?

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
I wonder if this is signaling a trade for Methot, Cowen or Wiercioch. Management can't afford to carry 8 1-way contracts. Defense looks weak without Wiercioch or Methot

No Methot:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Borowiecki

No Cowen:

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Borowiecki

No Wiercioch:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Borowiecki

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Now, is it a 1-way or 2-way deal?

Kid has the potential to be a depth player in the NHL, but it's good to have quality on the farm, too.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder if this is signaling a trade for Methot, Cowen or Wiercioch. Management can't afford to carry 8 1-way contracts. Defense looks weak without Wiercioch or Methot

No Methot:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Borowiecki

No Cowen:

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Borowiecki

No Wiercioch:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Borowiecki

Ceci isn't on a one-way, and Phillips is likely retired when we need to re-sign Ceci. Gryba's contract also come up at that time.

Really don't see how this changes anything for the coming season, there's no rush to make a trade because of this as nothing has changed.

When this deal kicks in, we'll have to make a decision, but to me Boro seems like a potential replacement for Phillips when he leaves.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Good depth signing. He's a good 6/7 D and I'd much rather see him play instead of Phillips.

Trade is either close to being finalized or Ceci is really gonna have to outplay Gryba, Boro and Wier for a spot.

Thanks for thinking of us first Sens :)

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Doesn't make any sense at al unless there is a trade imminent...they barely gave the guy a shot...and he wasn't very impressive last year with the big club...I like the character...but he hasn't really earned that contract extension...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad