Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
This is actually pretty funny because Boro was on the ice when Stone got headshot by Trouba. He skated away and didn't even stick up for Stone.

Maybe you're misrembering, or maybe just trying to get away with a lie, but you are wrong. He wasn't on the ice. At least speak the truth when bashing the guy. A quick look at the video shows Karlsson and Phaneuf out there.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I've pretty much lost all my faith in Dorion as a manager. He's really not fit for his position. Really sad that we gave to endure Borowiecki as a fan base for 3 whole more season with the amount of young talent on defense that's in the system. Absolutely ridiculous.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've pretty much lost all my faith in Dorion as a manager. He's really not fit for his position. Really sad that we gave to endure Borowiecki as a fan base for 3 whole more season with the amount of young talent on defense that's in the system. Absolutely ridiculous.

Pierre Dorion is just anticipating any number of situations where his motor vehicle ends up trapped in a snowbank.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Wasted dollars... add to Thompson, Burrows, Ryan, etc... team loves wasting money

Reactions: Uchiha

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I've given up caring about the situation, as it seems the Sens brass sees the game and player in a completely different light than I do.

I don't mind him in the playoffs, where he just runs everything, breaking players down in a 7 game series.

In the regular season, over 82 games playing different teams every other night, I don't want him near the lineup.

I know with this brass I'm not getting my wish, so on to different things....

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So how many on here should we expect will no longer be Sen fans because of this signing? My guess is zero, people will just continue to come on here & bitch & complain about the team & blame Boro for everything that goes wrong on the ice. Closer to the truth is the fact that this is a mediocre team, in a small market town, that values & believes most of the fan base value home grown talent so they try their best to keep & sign those players. This coach & organization clearly value this player regardless of what all the young fans on here seem to think of him & want his physicality in the lineup.

I also doubt this signing prevents Ottawa from doing anything else with this roster in terms of signings or trades & quite frankly believe this organization are fine with this lineup & weren't able to find a deal that made sense or that they could afford to make in terms of losing assets. It seems now in the NHL that teams build their teams in the summer & tweak it at the deadline by either buying players or selling players depending on where they are in the standings. Based on what we seen happen during the summer this organization seems to think they are set for this yr whether we like it or not & will wait to see how this team does in the regular season after 20 games.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Do you think its just a coincidence that they resign Boro and tarp over 1500 seats within weeks of each other?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
tenor.gif

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Meh I was ready when I heard the Boro extension chatters, it's only $1.2 M. The signing officially makes Wideman expendable. Chabot will have a regular spot when he's eventually called up.

The line up lacks front end talent, but they need some sandpaper as opposed to being labelled as creampuffs and other teams' plugs taking liberties on Karlsson, Turris, Stone, and the rest of our top-6 forwards/young players. I much rather have Boro, when starting, sitting in the penalty box in a co-incidental minor situation as opposed to Zack Smith.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wasn't Randy Lee our physio guy?
conditioning not physio
Randy Lee enters his 23rd season with the Senators in 2017-18 and his fifth as assistant general manager after being promoted to the role on Jan. 13, 2014. He was also promoted to the role of Binghamton (now Belleville) Senators' general manager on the same date.

Previous to that, Lee spent four-plus seasons as both director of hockey operations and player development, one season as director of player development and six seasons as the Senators' conditioning and player development coach, five seasons in the dual role of video and conditioning coach and two seasons as the team's video coach.
In addition to serving as the B-Sens GM, Lee's role continues to see him focus on a variety of tasks which include monitoring the development of players throughout the team's system, including prospects at the American Hockey League, college, junior hockey and European league levels and advising hockey management on the ongoing progress of each prospect. He also oversees the Senators player development team and works with current Senators players, guiding them with all aspects of their development.
Lee is additionally responsible for managing the hockey team's player and operating budgets, negotiating entry-level contracts, managing the team's development and rookie camps and overseeing the team's affiliation at the ECHL level.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Imo they should have played out the year before offering an extension. Boro doesnt feel like a long term core piece and he could be replaced at any moment. He's also not exactly the healthiest player and his style of play does not lead to long careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad