Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
TSN says that Dorion said Borowiecki has a “personal health issue”. That does not sound like a hockey related injury. I hope it is not a serious health issue.
The way Dorion said it, too, sounded like he was picking his words carefully so as not to reveal anything while also distinguishing it from a regular injury. He didn't seem eager to talk about it. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Could it just be that he has the flu and docotrs advised him not being on chartered jet with the rest of the team? That would make a lot of sense. Could just be something like a good time to get his wisdom teeth out since we only have 2 games in 15 days.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dorion said Boro skated in Belleville, sounded like they are waiting on some info and he may not be with the team for a while, hoping its noting serious but keeps sounding worse by the day.

It's at the start of the video.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If Boro was skating in Belleville, then I think it is likely not a serious issue because, if it was serious, he would not be skating nor in Belleville.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If Boro was skating in Belleville, then I think it is likely not a serious issue because, if it was serious, he would not be skating nor in Belleville.

Really hard to think of what it could be that took him out last minute from a game he was expected to play in, but that he can continue skating in Belleville with.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He looked like he broke his hand in the last fight he had.

Maybe he’s having fighters anxiety. A few heavyweight matches in a row and you can lose your nerve. Boros as brave as they come, but facing off every night takes its toll we learned that lesson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

He was sick then it became a personal health issue and now he maybe out a while. To me it sounded like they are waiting for some test results back.

Last edited:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I wonder if it's an irregular heartbeat or something like that?

Or something that he can still do light workouts, but they don't want him going to hard, as he would in a game.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hope the guys alright, hearing Dorion and Boucher's comments on the issue and in particular Boucher saying he had never dealt with the type of issue before had me concerned.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hope the guys alright, hearing Dorion and Boucher's comments on the issue and in particular Boucher saying he had never dealt with the type of issue before had me concerned.

Spleen? Prostate Cancer?

Cannot be concussion or broken bones.

Whatever it may be, I wish him well as he has been a real warrior for this team, just like Chris Neil was.

Reactions: aragorn

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I hope if it's something serious that he doesn't feel obligated to come back right away, take whatever time you need.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

He makes it sound like the guy was attacked by a facehugger, and they're expecting an alien to burst out of his chest.

That's about the only medical issue left that hasn't been seen in the NHL.

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
bet you he went to see Dr. Weiss...:naughty:
2016_05_02_OttawaMag_RonWeiss-4777_final-768x1152.jpg

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Strange that the team didn't just say "LBI" and not have so much buzz around it. Particularly if it was a sensitive issue like family illness. Even Boro said during his media interview that he "didn't want to discuss his personal health issue"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->