Confirmed with Link: Borowiecki Signs 2 Years AAV of $1.2 million ($1.2M in both years)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wideman's injury actually coincides with our PP going into the in the tank. Operating at ~20% prior to his injury, and 12.5% since. That's been one of the biggest issues during our losing skid, a terrible PP. Not sure Wideman is the sole cause by any means, but he was a contributor.

Wideman is a RD as is Karlsson who plays 75% to 100% of the PP. Those numbers it could be argued results from the fact that Karlsson is not producing on the PP more so than missing Wideman, I don't buy that at all. BTW the PP has sucked since GB took over & it's one of those intangibles that he has never fixed, so it's gone from bad to worse.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wideman is a RD as is Karlsson who plays 75% to 100% of the PP. Those numbers it could be argued results from the fact that Karlsson is not producing on the PP more so than missing Wideman, I don't buy that at all. BTW the PP has sucked since GB took over & it's one of those intangibles that he has never fixed, so it's gone from bad to worse.

Karlsson isn't the same as he was prior to his injury so there's that, but Wideman was getting over 2 mins a game on the PP, and has a better GF/60 on the PP than Karlsson does and significantly better than Phaneuf who gets the second most PP time among d, and both of whom have seen the PP time per game rise since Wideman's injury.

At the very least, losing Wideman took away our secondary scoring on the PP.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Wideman's injury actually coincides with our PP going into the in the tank. Operating at ~20% prior to his injury, and 12.5% since. That's been one of the biggest issues during our losing skid, a terrible PP. Not sure Wideman is the sole cause by any means, but he was a contributor.

Wideman looked real good on the PP when Karlsson was injured. He was the only other offensive/puck moving D we had.

Reactions: DrEasy

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
"We're not talking close," said Boucher. "He's closer but I don't see it before mid-January."
Borowiecki has missed the Sens' last 15 games and the coach mentioned that such an extensive layoff would mean a longer re-adjustment period for the 28-year-old defenceman.
"The problem is that even if he's ready to practice, he hasn't played in so long," Boucher said. "He'll need probably two weeks just to get his timing back. When you've been out so long, you can't just come back and go."

Game Day 5: Sens @ Bruins

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
"We're not talking close," said Boucher. "He's closer but I don't see it before mid-January."
Borowiecki has missed the Sens' last 15 games and the coach mentioned that such an extensive layoff would mean a longer re-adjustment period for the 28-year-old defenceman.
"The problem is that even if he's ready to practice, he hasn't played in so long," Boucher said. "He'll need probably two weeks just to get his timing back. When you've been out so long, you can't just come back and go."

Game Day 5: Sens @ Bruins

I'm 100% with Boucher on this one. It's a complicated system. Boro will probably take the rest of the year to re-learn how to step up and hit someone in Boucher's left D trap.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm 100% with Boucher on this one. It's a complicated system. Boro will probably take the rest of the year to re-learn how to step up and hit someone in Boucher's left D trap.
THING Is it wasn't his physical game that made him valuables this year. HE was actually making smart plays all around

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
THING Is it wasn't his physical game that made him valuables this year. HE was actually making smart plays all around
He was even making good decisions to pinch and join the rush. Really too bad he got hurt, because this was by far his best season as a Sen.

Reactions: slamigo

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What even happened to Borocop?
Got interfered with and knocked off his skates as he skated full speed trying to reach a puck which was heading behind the opposing net then he hit the boards full force which literally knocked him out and he suffered a severe concussion .

Reactions: Beville

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Someone should have pounded Smith into the ice, I hate being a team that can't respond anymore. I do miss the days of Carkner and Neil :(

Sens lack any intimidation and the most reactionary player we have is Pageau...(Besides Boro obviously) Team lacks heart and has for a really long time.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sens lack any intimidation and the most reactionary player we have is Pageau...(Besides Boro obviously) Team lacks heart and has for a really long time.

Other than Borowiecki and sometime Phaneuf, this team is soft. Ryan did step up after the Smith hit on Boro and went after Zuccarello because Zuc stuck his stick between Boro’s legs when Smith hit him. Zucchini should have been penalized too.

This team needs at least one enforcer policeman on the 4th Line to address dirty play from other teams. It also needs some bigger stronger players who can body check and wreck havoc without taking penalties and also step up when required to defend the smaller skilled players.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Other than Borowiecki and sometime Phaneuf, this team is soft. Ryan did step up after the Smith hit on Boro and went after Zuccarello because Zuc stuck his stick between Boro’s legs when Smith hit him. Zucchini should have been penalized too.

This team needs at least one enforcer policeman on the 4th Line to address dirty play from other teams. It also needs some bigger stronger players who can body check and wreck havoc without taking penalties and also step up when required to defend the smaller skilled players.

That is a fallacy. Enforcers do not prevent anything. There will be dirty plays whether there is an "enforcer" or not. I don't understand why hockey needs enforcers and other pro sports don't.

Reactions: Karl Prime

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
That is a fallacy. Enforcers do not prevent anything. There will be dirty plays whether there is an "enforcer" or not. I don't understand why hockey needs enforcers and other pro sports don't.

Enforcers aren't needed anymore true, but our teams physicality this season blows. I rarely ever see us throw a bodycheck or go hard to the net really, or defend the net very hard either. I mean I guess the Claesson check was the best hit of the season. :laugh:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ryan, Pageau, Pyatt, Thompson, Duchene are guys who initiate body contact consistently in our forward group. Oddly enough Ryan is the guy who throws the biggest hits. Thompson and especially Pyatt seem cold as ice, like hitting is part of the job, but Ryan gets angry and wants to hit/hurt people. THAT is what we're missing. We need a couple of guys who LIKE hitting. Jaros looks like one of those guys, and I'd like another on the front end as well. Jaros and Boro on the back end would keep heads up.

Man, I loved watching Neil freight train in and crush guys behind the net. Neil always used to say that he liked hitting guys head on face-to-face. That is badass, I'd like a spot on the F and D reserved for a couple guys who play that way. The momentum created is real, and the buzz on the bench is real.

Christ, even in a losing cause i'd like the guys to show a little emotion and crush a few fancy pants players here and there. Get mad, throw the body. Ryan, and occasionally Stone are really the only guys who get mad and look to punish.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
This ... is interesting.
Is it Boro being good offensively or other defencemen being terrible? :huh:

upload_2018-3-9_10-8-50.png

Reactions: DrEasy and OD99

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm not the biggest fan of boro but he's actually been a bright spot this season.

He's still best suited for a 7th d role, but he's looked like an NHL regular this season.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It's interesting that the, "eye test" people could find some value with Boro previously but advanced stat driven could not so wonder if this year will change anyone's mind.

I am NOT an advanced stat guy so not sure if his CORSI is any good or not but he certainly seems to be more effective overall this season IMO.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Boro looks lighter and quicker this season.

Glad he's serving me up a plate of crow. Hope his strong play continues!

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Boro has been better this year. But he really has to stop fighting. You can only take so many hits to the head in your career.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's interesting that the, "eye test" people could find some value with Boro previously but advanced stat driven could not so wonder if this year will change anyone's mind.

I am NOT an advanced stat guy so not sure if his CORSI is any good or not but he certainly seems to be more effective overall this season IMO.
Opposite for me.

I'm nearly completely an eye test guy, and this year I have loved the way he's played as a #6, but every year prior thought he shouldn't be playing in the NHL.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Boro has been better this year. But he really has to stop fighting. You can only take so many hits to the head in your career.

Agreed, he needs to pick his spots a bit more. I wouldn’t be surprised if we brought in a forward who can handle some of that in the off season.

Matt Hendricks maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad