Post-Game Talk: Booooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
People misunderstand the Refs were fair with the wings by not turning the worst powerplay in the league loose.

Hahahaha no High Five for you!

LvS7fqe.gif

Either he forgot his jersey didn't have his son's name on it or he was four beers in already. :laugh:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nyquist looked pretty bad and made the 1st line less effective. Meanwhile, Tatar looked really good on the 3rd line and sparked Larkin to have one of his best games in a long time.

I think if we add Helm to the 4th line this forward group will actually look pretty good. We've scored 3 or more goals in 8 of the last 10 games. With some actual goaltending we could have been putting together a nice little streak here.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Nyquist looked pretty bad and made the 1st line less effective. Meanwhile, Tatar looked really good on the 3rd line and sparked Larkin to have one of his best games in a long time.

I think if we add Helm to the 4th line this forward group will actually look pretty good. We've scored 3 or more goals in 8 of the last 10 games. With some actual goaltending we could have been putting together a nice little streak here.

It is one game.

But I would not give it more than 2 before demoting him.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

The 1st was less effective because Mantha wasn't moving his feet. I agree though that Gus does need to play better.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

I thought Nyquist looked pretty good to be honest. At least on the defensive end anyways.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Another tough one to watch, especially the defense (yeah I'm looking at you, Sproul you sad excuse for a D man). There are only a couple of reasons I still watch every game, other than the fact that I'm a die hard fan: Mickey Redmond's commentary/insight, and Anthony Mantha.

This kid's game has grown by leaps and bounds. The things he does out there, the little things especially, are just fantastic to watch. The way he uses his size and reach, incredibly soft hands, great vision, and what a shot! I think he should wear the C when Z retires, which is hopefully after this season (if he's not dealt at the deadline to a contender).

Mantha, Larkin, AA, Coreau and Mrazek are the only untouchables on this current NHL roster as far as I'm concerned. Once we get to the trade deadline, Holland better unload some of our guys to contenders.

Frustrating season to watch, but some bright spots here and there. Looking forward to seeing Mantha in Dallas tomorrow!

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Another tough one to watch, especially the defense (yeah I'm looking at you, Sproul you sad excuse for a D man). There are only a couple of reasons I still watch every game, other than the fact that I'm a die hard fan: Mickey Redmond's commentary/insight, and Anthony Mantha.

This kid's game has grown by leaps and bounds. The things he does out there, the little things especially, are just fantastic to watch. The way he uses his size and reach, incredibly soft hands, great vision, and what a shot! I think he should wear the C when Z retires, which is hopefully after this season (if he's not dealt at the deadline to a contender).

Mantha, Larkin, AA, Coreau and Mrazek are the only untouchables on this current NHL roster as far as I'm concerned. Once we get to the trade deadline, Holland better unload some of our guys to contenders.

Frustrating season to watch, but some bright spots here and there. Looking forward to seeing Mantha in Dallas tomorrow!

You Jared Coreau's dad?

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
You Jared Coreau's dad?

Old enough to be his dad, but I'm not. I see a lot of potential in him, and with Howard likely going to Vegas, I'd rather stick with Mrazek/Coreau than go looking for a backup on the market. But hey, I'm no GM, I'm just going based off what I've seen this season.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Old enough to be his dad, but I'm not. I see a lot of potential in him, and with Howard likely going to Vegas, I'd rather stick with Mrazek/Coreau than go looking for a backup on the market. But hey, I'm no GM, I'm just going based off what I've seen this season.

I like Jared Coreau but I don't see untouchable at all personally. I see him as top tier back-up someday that can take a string of starts. Possibly higher, but not a top ten starter, leaving me able to trade him for sure. I think you can find a Coreau replacement on the market personally.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I like Jared Coreau but I don't see untouchable at all personally. I see him as top tier back-up someday that can take a string of starts. Possibly higher, but not a top ten starter, leaving me able to trade him for sure. I think you can find a Coreau replacement on the market personally.

Coreau's got the size you'd kill for in today's game. It's possible after a few seasons he becomes a great starter. Bishop was a journeyman guy until he was 27. He wasn't amazing at the NHL level, either, in his early days. If Coreau was put on waivers there would be many teams putting in a claim for him.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Of course, Coreau hasn't been very good during his time in Detroit, he's just another 3rd string goalie, nothing special.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Of course, Coreau hasn't been very good during his time in Detroit, he's just another 3rd string goalie, nothing special.

My sarcasm meter might be on the fritz, but I think I'm sensing some here. :yo:

I'm basing my thoughts on Coreau on what I've seen with the Wings this year, in conjunction with what I've read about the notable improvement he's made over the last two seasons in GR. You can't teach size, and someone who has size, potential, and has shown they are still improving? I think I'd like to hang on to them for the time being. :)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Sproul ended up -2 and played 8 min. Just saying.
Ouellet has been maybe the steadiest of our 3/4 young Dmen. He did not get an assist on tatars goal, but he deserves it more than both players who got it. Just look at the replay.

We have to start cross checking people. Had Sproul cross checked that player, no goal there.

Please, please play nasty.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Sproul ended up -2 and played 8 min. Just saying.
Ouellet has been maybe the steadiest of our 3/4 young Dmen. He did not get an assist on tatars goal, but he deserves it more than both players who got it. Just look at the replay.

We have to start cross checking people. Had Sproul cross checked that player, no goal there.

Please, please play nasty.

XO has been a pleasant surprise this season. He makes Brendan Smith expendable.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
XO has been a pleasant surprise this season. He makes Brendan Smith expendable.

With all due respect, I think Smith is expendable regardless of your defensive situation. Of the two, I prefer Ouellet mostly because he's younger and cheaper. If Ouellet doesn't improve from here, I'd rather want the next guy who is younger than cheaper aswell. Until we find real difference makers..

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Quietly a bright spot in this season. Very responsible guy

Oullette was always my favorite between him and Sproul since drafted. I even use to overhype Oulette and said he'll eventually be as good or better than Danny Dekeyser. Which was probably a stupid statement, but I felt it'd be close.

I also predicted Sheahan would be better than Charlie Coyle. Which hasn't come true... yet. :laugh:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Oullette was always my favorite between him and Sproul since drafted. I even use to overhype Oulette and said he'll eventually be as good or better than Danny Dekeyser. Which was probably a stupid statement, but I felt it'd be close.

I also predicted Sheahan would be better than Charlie Coyle. Which hasn't come true... yet. :laugh:

Coyle is becoming a pretty darn good hockey player. Sheahan not so much

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
sproul was playing very well until he was yanked in and out of the lineup

that is a direct and known consequence of such action

rookies get free passes all day long, guys with 3 or more years in the league get absolutely zero

if they havent figured it out by then, then they dont belong in the NHL

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
sproul was playing very well until he was yanked in and out of the lineup

that is a direct and known consequence of such action

rookies get free passes all day long, guys with 3 or more years in the league get absolutely zero

if they havent figured it out by then, then they dont belong in the NHL

I do not understand this comment. Are you saying Sproul would be a better hockey player if he wasn't benched?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's not that anybody should be immune to getting benched. But yanking a kid out at the drop of a hat, then continuing to yo-yo him in and out of the lineup, doesn't really bode well for him to gain confidence and get on a roll.

Especially when the replacement options aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
It's not that anybody should be immune to getting benched. But yanking a kid out at the drop of a hat, then continuing to yo-yo him in and out of the lineup, doesn't really bode well for him to gain confidence and get on a roll.

Especially when the replacement options aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

Not buying it. Look no further than Andreas Athanasiou

Sproul just isn't a good NHL hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad