Proposal: Boone Jenner to Edmonton

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
What would be the price of Boone Jenner to the Oilers at 50% retained?
We looking at 2 firsts?
Jenner isnt exactly a guy that steps ups for the playoffs. No interest from this Oilers fan.
I hope the Avs pay the two 1sts with zero retention

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Wow good thread! Starts with what is he worth and everyone from both sides grumbles and says nothing...lol
1st and Bourgault and cap dump/ Derek Ryan for Jenner. Maybe a 3rd as well.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Jenner isnt exactly a guy that steps ups for the playoffs. No interest from this Oilers fan.
15 pts in 37 gp when he was a secondary player in those teams.

What makes you come to this conclusion?

Reactions: Fro

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
15 pts in 37 gp when he was a secondary player in those teams.

What makes you come to this conclusion?
He plays a physical game but nothing else says he steps up for the playoffs and worth the price CBJ fans believe he is worth

9 ES Points in 37 games and playing 19 minutes a night. (.95 P/60) -11 and 50.6 FO%

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
He plays a physical game but nothing else says he steps up for the playoffs and worth the price CBJ fans believe he is worth

9 ES Points in 37 games and playing 19 minutes a night. (.95 P/60) -11 and 50.6 FO%
You realize we have won 1 playoff round right? Our teams have not been anywhere near Colorado/Tamp level.

His points are directly linked to what like he plays on, not just TOI. Scored that while playing 4th line.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
I don't think Boone Jenner could handle Canadian markets. He's played his entire career in Nowhere Land for a reason.
Yep I’m sure growing up in Dorchester, playing in Oshawa, a WJC in Canada, a Covid Playoff win over Toronto (with all games played in Scotiabank), playing with the pressure of being a captain, he has no chance in Canada…

You’re mad as an Avs fan because we don’t want to give you Jenner for pennies.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Columbus needs picks not vets. Their "rebuild" isn't even close to being done.

Acquiring a vet now does nothing for the team long term and they do not have a short term need as they truly suck for now and the forseable future.
Wrong, Columbus needs NHL talent that has experience and skill. The talent pool is one of the best in the league, it just isn't NHL ready. They need more players to drive the room and team, not more unguided youth.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yep I’m sure growing up in Dorchester, playing in Oshawa, a WJC in Canada, a Covid Playoff win over Toronto (with all games played in Scotiabank), playing with the pressure of being a captain, he has no chance in Canada…

You’re mad as an Avs fan because we don’t want to give you Jenner for pennies.

idk. Jenner is already 30, has only hit 30 goals once in his career - 8 years ago. The NHL has already seen the best of Jenner (those few who watch Columbus anyway) and it wasn't that great to begin with.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
idk. Jenner is already 30, has only hit 30 goals once in his career - 8 years ago. The NHL has already seen the best of Jenner (those few who watch Columbus anyway) and it wasn't that great to begin with.
What do his goal totals have anything to do with his ability to play in a ‘tough Canadian’ market?

Anyways….
Yeah, he’s missed games for various reasons, such as this year (broken jaw)

2023 13G in 35GP - 30.47 G pace
2022 26G in 68GP - 31.35 G pace
2021 23G in 59GP - 31.97 G pace

Seems pretty consistent to me:
1707237578898.png

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What do his goal totals have anything to do with his ability to play in a ‘tough Canadian’ market?

Anyways….
Yeah, he’s missed games for various reasons, such as this year (broken jaw)

2023 13G in 35GP - 30.47 G pace
2022 26G in 68GP - 31.35 G pace
2021 23G in 59GP - 31.97 G pace

Seems pretty consistent to me:
View attachment 815325

Those are some underwhelming numbers

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
You realize we have won 1 playoff round right? Our teams have not been anywhere near Colorado/Tamp level.

His points are directly linked to what like he plays on, not just TOI. Scored that while playing 4th line.

How do you play 20 playoff games in 2 years and only win one round?

So I guess you have just proven my point that he's not a playoff performer if his coaches put him on the 4th line(even though no 4th liner in the league plays 19 minutes a game on the 4th line)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
How do you play 20 playoff games in 2 years and only win one round?
Depends if you count the 1st play in Covid tournament series round as a playoff round (I don’t).
So I guess you have just proven my point that he's not a playoff performer if his coaches put him on the 4th line(even though no 4th liner in the league plays 19 minutes a game on the 4th line)
The only time we have asked Jenner to be a scoring top line player in the playoffs he had 5 points in 6 games playing with Ryan Johansen and Jack Skille.

Matchups and assignments my friend. Dzone draws, Fo-Go, etc. do we want Jenner defending Kucherov or do we want Duchene? Do we want Dubois getting favorable matchups, or Jenner?

You underestimate the CBJ’s willingness to over extend grinder/shutdown types from bottom of the lineup spots. It’s actually one of my biggest gripes with our franchise for the last 10 years. Example, Sean Kuraly last game vs the Kraken played over 17 mins and he’s absolutely our 4C. Our true 2nd/3rd line guys like Marchenko, Johnson and Sillinger played under 15 mins.

You probably look at Dubinsky’s stats and say the same thing about him, but ask any CBJ fan and they will tell you he was a gamer in the playoffs. Did anything he needed to help his team win, just like Jenner.

Last edited:

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Jenner has never been on a really good team, and when they did make the playoffs, he was for sure in CBJ's top 6. Imagine him on a 3rd line with Perry and Kane on the wings? No way, he doesn't step, those 2 are going to be in every scrum and in the goalie's face.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Depends if you count the 1st play in Covid tournament series round as a playoff round (I don’t).

The only time we have asked Jenner to be a scoring top line player in the playoffs he had 5 points in 6 games playing with Ryan Johansen and Jack Skille.

Matchups and assignments my friend. Dzone draws, Fo-Go, etc. do we want Jenner defending Kucherov or do we want Duchene? Do we want Dubois getting favorable matchups, or Jenner?

You underestimate the CBJ’s willingness to over extend grinder/shutdown types from bottom of the lineup spots. It’s actually one of my biggest gripes with our franchise for the last 10 years. Example, Sean Kuraly last game vs the Kraken played over 17 mins and he’s absolutely our 4C. Our true 2nd/3rd line guys like Marchenko, Johnson and Sillinger played under 15 mins.

You probably look at Dubinsky’s stats and say the same thing about him, but ask any CBJ fan and they will tell you he was a gamer in the playoffs. Did anything he needed to help his team win, just like Jenner.
Nah random posters are saying he played top 6 on our playoff teams, must be true. I wonder what else Ill learn about Columbus here. I mean I thought Torts generally played Boone in a more defensive role and played him on lines like the Dubinsky-Nash line in the playoffs but maybe I was just dreaming

Reactions: Viqsi

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Jenner has never been on a really good team, and when they did make the playoffs, he was for sure in CBJ's top 6. Imagine him on a 3rd line with Perry and Kane on the wings? No way, he doesn't step, those 2 are going to be in every scrum and in the goalie's face.
Agreed he's never been on a really good team outside of 16/17. But he hasn't been the guy that's been a playoff leader for the price that CBJ fans believe it would cost to trade him.
I can also agree that anything less isn't worth it for the organization as they are devoid of veterans and his cap hit isn't a burden.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nah random posters are saying he played top 6 on our playoff teams, must be true. I wonder what else Ill learn about Columbus here. I mean I thought Torts generally played Boone in a more defensive role and played him on lines like the Dubinsky-Nash line in the playoffs but maybe I was just dreaming
Well, obviously it's necessary to educate us poor rubes. I mean, c'mon. We follow Columbus. If we had any sense whatsoever about hockey surely we would have picked a different team.

Persecution complex? Me? What was your first clue?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad