Proposal: Boone Jenner to Edmonton

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
IMO, Oilers could trade for Sissons who is somewhat similar to Jenner for likely less assets. Sissons is also a right hand shot which is something the Oilers forward group is light on.

Reactions: TFHockey

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Columbus needs picks not vets. Their "rebuild" isn't even close to being done.

Aquiring a vet now does nothing for the team long term and they do not have a short term need as they truly suck for now and the forseable future.

Do we need two-three Jenner threads a day? Can a mod just make a “Pointless Jenner Trade Superthread” and combine them all?
Do you NEED to open a thread just to complain? Can't a person just "ignore" threads that are likely to trigger them?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Jenner re-signed on July 28th, 2021. Seth Jones was traded away on July 23rd of that year. So, it’s not like a he signed a long-term deal when the team was good. Both the player and organization knew where things were headed competitively. He’s there for a reason.

1-2 players that either end up sticking around or depart just before the end of the tunnel isn’t unusual. For Carolina, J. Staal is still around. Kreider made it through for New York. For New Jersey, Zajac was traded at the last possible opportunity. Girgensons has been a Sabre so long that he crossed over with Ryan Miller. Silfverberg and Fowler are still Ducks. Etc.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus

Aquiring a vet now does nothing for the team long term and they do not have a short term need as they truly suck for now and the forseable future.

Do you NEED to open a thread just to complain? Can't a person just "ignore" threads that are likely to trigger them?
Why wouldn't I open a thread about a player on my favorite team? Also, it's impossible to keep them all straight since they're all the same thing with a couple uninteresting deck chair rearrangements.

And no, Columbus does not need more picks for the sake of having more picks. They need good vets to surround the young players already on the roster, like Fantilli and Johnson. No, the rebuild isn't over, but the kid they pick at twenty-fifth or whatever who doesn't make his NHL debut til 2028 is way less important to the current team than keeping the stability of the current captain and ostensible 1C til Fantilli is ready to take the reins.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Why wouldn’t he open a thread about a player on his favourite team?

Also the rebuild is done, they need vets not picks

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If I could give the Blue Jackets a piece of advice… based on observations of many continuously floundering teams (including my favorite team)… keep guys like Jenner. The display of work ethic and leadership of guys like that is far more important, to the desired team culture you are hopeful to build, than a few draft picks.

I would love to land a guy like Jenner, especially at a significant cap discount like suggested in the OP.

Last edited:

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022

nope, people get annoyed and post nonsense responses to things that don't even interest them. It's sad, move on, keep scrolling, end of story.

As for Jenner, man oh man, he'd be great as the 3C on this team. Not sure if Holland can make it happen, but, he'd be a great pick up for the playoffs.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
nope, people get annoyed and post nonsense responses to things that don't even interest them. It's sad, move on, keep scrolling, end of story.

As for Jenner, man oh man, he'd be great as the 3C on this team. Not sure if Holland can make it happen, but, he'd be a great pick up for the playoffs.
Again, thread police, why wouldn’t I click on a thread about a player on my favorite team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad