Confirmed with Link: Boone Jenner named 7th Captain in franchise history, Werenski, Bjorkstrand, Nyquist as A’s

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Something I haven't seen is how the A's will rotate? Will they rotate between all 3 or will 1 always wear an A and the other 2 will rotate the other 1?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm not surprised. Seems like a good guy. Never very vocal so I don't think any of us on the outside know exactly what kind of a leader he is.

I know a few years ago I was in Toronto for the season finale before the playoffs and I met his uncle there sitting a couple of rows behind me. He came over and said hello after the game as one of the few CBJ fans in the arena. He was very complimentary of the organization and the city from his visits and the whole family seems like good people.

Reactions: Derby and LJ7201

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Boone's never been the most vocal guy, so I wasn't always sure if this was the natural role for him. He's obviously the leader on the ice but does he want to do the rest of the stuff? I think so. I watched some of his pressers this camp and he struck me as more well-spoken than before.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Boone's never been the most vocal guy, so I wasn't always sure if this was the natural role for him. He's obviously the leader on the ice but does he want to do the rest of the stuff? I think so. I watched some of his pressers this camp and he struck me as more well-spoken than before.

I think a good leadership trait is knowing when to speak and when to know your role. I'm sure he refrained from overstepping boundaries due to respect for the role and for Nick Foligno.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I like it, a hard worker and likely will have more opportunities this year in the offensive zone.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So he’s NOT “redundant” to the team in the way many fans expressed over the years of the past.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Voracek can almost be his Dubinsky. Not as extreme but not scared to call people out. Be a bit of growth from the leadership group as a whole but its no different than when Foligno took over

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Plenty of people wanted Boone traded over the last however many years and used him as proof of the teams lack of ability (or skills) or an example that that the team was building around players that were “loyal and gritty” and not “skilled and able to win Stanley Cups”. The term “redundant” was used many times. I used to jokingly call Dubinsky/Foligno/Jenner the Redundanteers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad