Book it! 2014-15

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Sekac proves to be significantly superior to both JDLR and Andrighetto, and starts the season on Plekanec's wing; Book It!
Galchenyuk still has big time trouble with consistency. Some people start doubting him calling for a trade. Finishes season with between 35-40 points. Book It!
The hype surrounding JDLR wears off as he has trouble producing decent numbers in the AHL. Book It!
Tom Gilbert is subject to many, many debates; produces over expectations offensively (30-35 points), but is prone to a LOT of mistakes defensively. Book It!
Bournival has trouble justifying a spot on the team. Book It!
Desharnais has a very, very good season. Is on a 60 points pace all year long, people here still bash him. Book It!
The new captain of the Montreal Canadiens is named after training camp; to everyone's surprise, it turns out to be Subban. Book It!
PAP is a great addition. Him, DD and Pacioretty are one of the most productive 1st lines in the league. People still want the line to get dismantled, because Plekanec can't make anyone produce to save his life. Book It!
People get frustrated because Tinordi is sent back to the AHL. They still fail to understand you can't play a young d-man as your 7th D. Book It!

I agree with everything in bold. Pretty realistic.

My "Book it" on PAP is a bit different. My take is that he will produce way better than Briere, who he's replacing, but will still generate more negativity than anything because of the type of player he is. The difference is I wouldn't call what he will bring as a great addition, and I don't think he'll make a line so much productive. I just think he'll produce ok secondary scoring, in a medium-Ryder way.

I'm totally unable to have any "book it" about the open spot. I wouldn't be totally surprise if the one making it isn't even in the talks right now. Scherbak could even ends up with a 10 game trial... Or MT could decide to give a try to Bournival and give a #10-11-12-13 spot to a guy like Dumont or Bowman. It wouldn't be a surprise for me.

Nygren will be back in Sweden sooner than later, and we'll never see him back in a Habs jersey - Book it!

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Ok... After having thought about it a bit, for fun:

Neither of Andrighetto, Sekac, De La Rose, Hudon, etc., will win the open spot on the top 9. Bournival will get it, and Dumont will make the team as another #10-11-12-13 forward. - Book It!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad