boo chicago

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
i know you guys are gonna go say cheer for another team, but i must say it... OUR FANS f***ING SUCK!! 5 minutes left in a tied game and the only noise coming from the crowd is tommy hawk banging drum. its saturday night and the season just started. come on now Ottawa had louder fansyesterdayy

Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Theres gonna be alot of suits there who aren't really interested in being at an october hockey game for reasons other than:
1. Being able to say they were at a hawks game.
2. Alcohol.
3. Idk maybe find someone they can cheat on their wives with.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Theres gonna be alot of suits there who aren't really interested in being at an october hockey game for reasons other than:
1. Being able to say they were at a hawks game.
2. Alcohol.
3. Idk maybe find someone they can cheat on their wives with.
100 percent

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why should fans cheer when their team coughed up a two-goal lead? Or gave up 4 freakin' leads against San Jose?

Fans are right to be peeved and if the team wants to get the crowd into it, then that's up to them. It's not like half the UC is empty nowadays; there is a sellout crowd each and every home game, so when 20,000 + aren't feeling in the mood to cheer for the team they spent good money on, it says more about the team then anything else.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Why should fans cheer when their team coughed up a two-goal lead? Or gave up 4 freakin' leads against San Jose?

Fans are right to be peeved and if the team wants to get the crowd into it, then that's up to them. It's not like half the UC is empty nowadays; there is a sellout crowd each and every home game, so when 20,000 + aren't feeling in the mood to cheer for the team they spent good money on, it says more about the team then anything else.
I went to the game last night. Outside of the 1st period the squad didn’t really engender themselves to me. I tried to get into it, but the lethargic play didn’t lend itself to me doing so.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I went to the game last night. Outside of the 1st period the squad didn’t really engender themselves to me. I tried to get into it, but the lethargic play didn’t lend itself to me doing so.
That second period must've been rough for those who actually paid good money to watch the game.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
do you guys think the lack of checking and physical play leads to boring stretches throughout the game? i remember i used to go to games when we sucked and there was still alot of intensity that was exciting to watch

Reactions: BrianE

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Give fans something to cheer about and they will. Bore them with lousy play and let the other team outwork you and fans will either express displeasure or keep quiet. This isn’t an expansion team with hockey being new, this is an original 6 team with 3 cups this decade. There is a level of expectation, it at least needs to be met with high effort.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
do you guys think the lack of checking and physical play leads to boring stretches throughout the game? i remember i used to go to games when we sucked and there was still alot of intensity that was exciting to watch

Agree, i really miss the 70's & 80's, great times.

Love watching the Hawks vs Blues & vs North Stars & vs Oil on utube during that time, just wow.

Reactions: BobbyJet

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Been there, done that mentality the last 7 or so years at the UC . The crowd does not get going for regular-season games and was not into the last playoff appearance I attended against Nashville. Doesn't help that much of the hockey has sucked during that time period. I agree there are probably a bit more casual fans than previous to the cup run.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I'll never understand this. Why do people care?

It's the same side of the cerebral cortex that wants football coaches to scream and have 'fire and passion'.

Does some random dude in Section 207 screaming magically make Patrick Kane care? Or make Toews not regress back to 2017 Toews? Or make Seabrook not slow?

People like hearing people scream because it validates their screaming. It makes people feel like they are part of the game and having impact. They aren't.

This isn't the NFL where screaming can cause opposing teams to not hear play calling and contribute a false start or two in a game.

Fans are fans. Some wear suits. Some wear jerseys (which is always a little weird - a grown up dude wearing a shirt with another dude's name on it).

I don't wear a suit for meetings, but button up shirt and sportcoat often. I've been to games with my friends in 'street clothes'. I've been to games with my kids in Hawks gear hooting and hollering. I've been to games at corporate events in suites with a sport coat on and been more reserved.

Was I more of less of a fan in either of those scenarios?

I've been at games where I'm in a sportcoat and know more about the game and the team than 90% of the 'fans' in attendance. I've been at games where I'm in a Hawks hoody and some guy two rows away in a sport coat knows twice as much about the game as me.

Some people go to games and they scream like banshees (probably because they are hammered) and some are chill. Doesn't make one any less of a fan than the other.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Been there, done that mentality the last 7 or so years at the UC . The crowd does not get going for regular-season games and was not into the last playoff appearance I attended against Nashville. Doesn't help that much of the hockey has sucked during that time period. I agree there are probably a bit more casual fans than previous to the cup run.

I personally find the Nashville fans to be annoying. Most know nothing about hockey but hooting and hollering like it's a college football game/NASCAR hybrid comes across as silly.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

It's the same side of the cerebral cortex that wants football coaches to scream and have 'fire and passion'.

Does some random dude in Section 207 screaming magically make Patrick Kane care? Or make Toews not regress back to 2017 Toews? Or make Seabrook not slow?

People like hearing people scream because it validates their screaming. It makes people feel like they are part of the game and having impact. They aren't.

This isn't the NFL where screaming can cause opposing teams to not hear play calling and contribute a false start or two in a game.

Fans are fans. Some wear suits. Some wear jerseys (which is always a little weird - a grown up dude wearing a shirt with another dude's name on it).

I don't wear a suit for meetings, but button up shirt and sportcoat often. I've been to games with my friends in 'street clothes'. I've been to games with my kids in Hawks gear hooting and hollering. I've been to games at corporate events in suites with a sport coat on and been more reserved.

I've been at games where I'm in a sportcoat and know more about the game and the team than 90% of the 'fans' in attendance. I've been at games where I'm in a Hawks hoody and some guy two rows away in a sport coat knows twice as much about the game as me.

Some people go to games and they scream like banshees (probably because they are hammered) and some are chill. Doesn't make one any less of a fan than the other.

I don't think we need people to scream but actually be into the game and understand what's going on.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I'm not sure what point you are making TBH ..... but if you are saying that players aren't inspired by a loud crowd cheering for them you are dead wrong. If you think players are unaware when the stadium goes quiet and their fans are sitting on their hands you're wrong again.

Reactions: UncleElroy1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad