Boner Appreciation Thread

DaDucks*

Boner is becoming increasingly noticeable around the right pocket area. His increase in scoring doesn't come as a surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
With all the Boner praise in the current thread I felt this was a solid time to bring it up again.

Our top unit has been really lacking the ability to put it in recently. Maybe the role of the Boner was under appreciated? The drop off is pretty noticeable and the hands in replacement just aren't getting it done. His stick work and positioning seem sorely missed as they have had a hard time keeping it in and reaching the maximum potential of the unit. Hopefully, our boner comes back soon, I sure miss him.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I figure I'd bump this after his successful return tonight. I've been saying it for a while but he's the secret weapon on our power play and second line. So happy he's back and picked up right where he left off. Also very happy that this should spell the end of the Matthew Lombardi experiment. Man that guy is just not a fit on this team.

Welcome back Boner!

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Bonino is awesome!

Well what can I say, I love his play and what he adds to the team. I saw his upside as a 2nd line center. I guess he will never become one but he will be a damn great 3rd line center for a long time. He is so strong in all zones! I still have some hope that he will improve his skating and that he will get stronger over the summer. To me it's also sick to see how instrumental he is for the PP.

A great player in making! I give Bob a lot of credit for getting him. He always believed in Bonino and - again - he seemed to be right.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Some fan from another team is going to stumble on this thread and think we are deviants :laugh:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Good lord he can retrieve the puck on the PP. His instincts are unreal. He had one epic shift on the PP where he retrieved like 5 pucks on one shift. :handclap:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Boner is definitely a very hockey smart player. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch.

He has outstanding hands as well. It's been a while since I've seen anyone on the second line dish out and receive passes with ease like he does.

Oct 18, 2011
he really is one of those bergeron type of players that plays well in all 3 zones, he really does make a big difference. he is so good at stealing pucks, and being in the right places, could be big in the playoffs and the new iteration of the 2nd line has shown potential

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
he really is one of those bergeron type of players that plays well in all 3 zones, he really does make a big difference. he is so good at stealing pucks, and being in the right places, could be big in the playoffs and the new iteration of the 2nd line has shown potential

If only he could win faceoffs and be a little faster. He would make a lot more money right now

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
If only he could win faceoffs and be a little faster. He would make a lot more money right now

If so he would be like Bergeron! I still hope he can improve his skating somehow! I've always been a huge fan of him! He was great at BC - not flashy but so smart and always at the right place. Great player to have and he is one of those unsung heros you need to win.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If so he would be like Bergeron! I still hope he can improve his skating somehow! I've always been a huge fan of him! He was great at BC - not flashy but so smart and always at the right place. Great player to have and he is one of those unsung heros you need to win.

He still wouldn`t be on Bergerons level though, but sure his style would be similar.
Damn, Bones could still be a beast for us with 55+% FO and much more speed. One can dream, right? :laugh:

Actually, Karlsson seems to be faster and better at faceoffs so far in SEL (i`ve watched only a couple of games with him, but reports says the same). Obviously, i don`t think he`ll be at Bergerons level either, but Karlsson seems to be Bones v. 2.0

If only we could sign him...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bonino is pretty slow... but his positioning is outstanding. His shot is average but hes got good hands to make and receive passes, hes also very good in the defensive zone... i couldn't be more happy with how hes turned out so far, i wonder if the sharks have noticed how well hes doing. He has earned the 2nd line center spot for the playoffs in my book... i think our forward lines should end up something like

Getz Perry Belesky
Bonino Palmeiri Ryan
Koivu Winnick Cogliano
Steckel Etem Selanne

You could swap selanne and cogliano i suppose... the hardest part about this team is i think dvorak has been awesome and fits in a few spots on the team but it would be hard to sit ryan or selanne out, and those are the only 2 that really dont deserve to be in the line up, the rest it would be hard to make a case for them not to be in the line up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Teemu won`t play on the 4the line. He`ll be on th 2nd/3d line. A locks in my opinion are:

X-Getzlaf-Perry
X-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
X-Steckel-X

You have Ryan (taking one of two top6 X), Beleskey, Etem, Palmieri, Dvorak, Staubitz, Lombardi (not counting callups from Ads).

Each game 3 have to sit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad