G: 4
A: 4
Pts: 8
P/m: -1

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
"Kid" has been playing very good! He will never be the answer at 2nd line center, but I for one am glad he has been given more of a keerole recently.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
he's playing alot better after the slow start and he is exploiting the fact he's getting some easier matchups.....he's really good at lifting sticks and stealing the puck. he's found his niche for sure

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Must have a Boner #13 shirt jersey. I dont care if that is grossly misinterpreted, whatever.

Been quite impressed with his play as of late for the most part, really glad to see him making a big impact. Sick move on the shootout tonight.

Last edited:

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
He is clutch, he always was! Just look at his College career. I really like him and damn if his skating would better he would be the answer for a #2C. I still think he has that upside and I think he will improve over this and the next season. I really like the way he plays and his defensive responsibility. Bob did great in getting him! I see him emerging at least as a 15-20g 25-30a guy. Learning from Saku is just great for him :)

I'm a fan of him :yo:

getzforfighting*

He is clutch, he always was! Just look at his College career. I really like him and damn if his skating would better he would be the answer for a #2C. I still think he has that upside and I think he will improve over this and the next season. I really like the way he plays and his defensive responsibility. Bob did great in getting him! I see him emerging at least as a 15-20g 25-30a guy. Learning from Saku is just great for him :)

I'm a fan of him :yo:

might be farfetched, but id be quite happy with 10-15 and 15-20 for sure!

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I'd be quite fine if he was a 3rd line, defensively responsible center who could win face offs. Those types of players are seriously underrated. One thing I've noticed much more recently, is his ability to block shots both on the PK and at ES. Half of the time he literally tries to make kick saves while blocking a point shot :laugh:.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
People are going to wander into these boards and either wonder what the hell our problem is or alert the mods :P Bonino's nickname is toeing a lot of lines around here :laugh:

glad to see him doing well.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
He's defentitely exceeded my expectations lately, I hope he gets a new look as the 2nd line center at some point now that he has more confidence.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
But we're just showing off how impressive our Boner is.

Our Boner's been abnormally huge recently.

I want him to get a lot angrier, and then suddenly start a fight, specifically when we play the Jets, just losing it and beating the hell out of one of their defenders. So then I can start a mainboard-thread titled "Raging Boner pounds Clitsome".

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
Traded in 2009, it took 4 years for the Ducks to get back their investment with Bonino. Sometimes, the kids just need to develop. In both shootout moves, he totally faked out the goaltender. I am not sure why we didn't use him before if he had those skills.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Traded in 2009, it took 4 years for the Ducks to get back their investment with Bonino. Sometimes, the kids just need to develop. In both shootout moves, he totally faked out the goaltender. I am not sure why we didn't use him before if he had those skills.

I still remember hearing the trade and being ecstatic we got him, i really wanted us to draft him after i watched him play at BU. Glad hes here and glad hes starting to find his touch and making a name for himself.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
The guy's nickname is Bones.......

but Boner and this thread is just :laugh:

And i guess Allen and Sheldon are Ally and Shelly..... not very creative. :laugh: C4 Kid Dynamite is one of the team's best.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The guy's nickname is Bones.......

but Boner and this thread is just :laugh:

And i guess Allen and Sheldon are Ally and Shelly..... not very creative. :laugh: C4 Kid Dynamite is one of the team's best.

I just call him C4. Kid Dynamite is too long, and Cam can legally buy vodka now so...I liked calling his pairing with Beauchemin the C4 Boom Boom pair.

And Souray is Bazinga.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I was high on Boner's talent. From afar he looked good, but now up close he's forced me to lower my standards of him. Great on the shootout, great against lower quality players on offense, but lacking that speed hurts him in the transitional and defensive aspect of his game. I suppose that means Boner's only thinking with his one head.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Bonino better be working on his backhand technique for the shootout because every goalie is going to play for his forehand "money shot" :laugh:

He's off to a great start and has been a pleasant surprise (more or less depending on what one thought of his potential game when he was traded from SJ a few years back). If he can continue to produce offense, then he may have finally found a home in the NHL and earned that number 13 he's wearing.

I hope he can keep it up :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad