Movies: Bombshell (Margot Robbie, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
it’s complicated because he fled to another country, you numb. You just keep bring up false equivalencies though, it’s working for you.

Yet they continue working with him and give him standing ovations even though he can't enter the States because of the crimes he committed, So instead of being a child molesting pariah he's a lauded member of Hollywood still, complicated stuff

There is no false equivalents here, Hollywood is making a film about Ailes and the horrendous acts he was committing against women while he was in power, I'm all for it but I'm left wondering why that's the only #metoo movie released and why an Oscar winning director that's on the run for molestation of a minor or any other #metoo story isn't being given the same treatment

It's very easy to be virtuous when your giving it to people you disagree with but much harder when your throwing your own friends under the bus it would seem

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
explain. Who is protecting him? He was taken down by the very people you chide. I assume (I regret saying this) you are young. At least I am old enough to remember Polanski movies. Think Ezra Pound.

Jeez, sexual assault/harassment cases are not so simple especially back in the day like 80s, 90s and early 00s when it was prevalent and unspoken and it wasn’t in the forefront like it is now. Which is mostly when disgusting Weinstein used his power over women. Times have changed mister conservative. Which is why your pretend “bothsiderism” is nonsense and you have a Hannity like agenda. You are trying to conflate several issues and cases into the movie Bombshell. Thereby, whether you understand it or not, lessening the actions of Ailes.
He was taken down by Ronan Farrow, not Hollywood. Jesus, you really think this isn't still prevalent in Hollywood.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
My skepticism comes squarely from Hollywood covering up for Weinstein for years for various reasons. It was the worst kept secret there, but they kept it from the public. I'm just afraid of them continuing to protect him and people that align with them. The whole story needs to be told as loudly and to as many people as possible.

Weinstein probably has dirt on other high level Hollywood types and possibly his political friends too. Thats why they continue to protect him, he can bring a lot of them down if he were to choose too, much like Epstein.

Polanski might be worse if anything

He sexually violated a minor and was proven to be guilty, escaped justice by fleeing to Europe and now has people actively trying to rehabilitate his image and gets standing ovations at awards shows

That's bloody ugly on the face of it

He is worse, since it was a kid. It really makes me sick that lots of Hollywood people still cheer him on despite the fact that he is messed up in the head and fled justice instead of trying to prove his innocence (he's obviously not innocent, but by fleeing he essentially confirmed his guilt).

Reactions: bleedblue1223

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Yes. Guarantee more women have been exploited in Hollywood than anywhere else in North America. The scum of the scum. But, again, by making this movie, Hollywood can be holier than thou without looking in the mirror.

I doubt that very much. Hollywood provides a very small number of jobs, relatively speaking. I'm quite positive certain religions have exploited more women. The restaurant industry would be another obvious one as well.

For a guy who appears to love movies, you sure seem to have a severe hate-on for the entity that produces the majority of the content.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Polanski might be worse if anything

He sexually violated a minor and was proven to be guilty, escaped justice by fleeing to Europe and now has people actively trying to rehabilitate his image and gets standing ovations at awards shows

That's bloody ugly on the face of it

Not so sure about that. The minor has publicly forgiven him which of course doesn't make what he did acceptable but in the court of public opinion it certainly helps soften his image among others. He is a one-time offender as far as we know as opposed to the Ailes and Weinsteins of the world who appeared to have sexually harrassed women for decades. A repeat offender almost always is viewed in a harsher light than a 1-time offender.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
He was taken down by Ronan Farrow, not Hollywood. Jesus, you really think this isn't still prevalent in Hollywood.

He was taken down by reporting done by Ronan Farrow, reporting that was entirely reliant on people within the industry coming forward.

But who gives a shit? It's a goddamn movie. Watch it or don't, but whataboutism is always stupid.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not so sure about that. The minor has publicly forgiven him which of course doesn't make what he did acceptable but in the court of public opinion it certainly helps soften his image among others. He is a one-time offender as far as we know as opposed to the Ailes and Weinsteins of the world who appeared to have sexually harrassed women for decades. A repeat offender almost always is viewed in a harsher light than a 1-time offender.

I've read what he was convicted of doing to that girl and it's sickening quite frankly, doing something like that to a child without facing justice for his crime and having people try to rehabilitate his image horrifies me

I don't care if he only sexually assaulted a child once or she's forgiven him, he should have to pay for his crime and until then there should be no forgiveness or rehabilitation of his image

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad