Movies: Bombshell (Margot Robbie, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Just finished "The Loudest Voice" last night. It was pretty good and touches on this subject, of course, quite a bit.

Russell Crowe played Roger Ailes very well. We'll see how John Lithgow does.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Just finished "The Loudest Voice" last night. It was pretty good and touches on this subject, of course, quite a bit.

Russell Crowe played Roger Ailes very well. We'll see how John Lithgow does.

Crowe sound too much like Crowe which really took away from an otherwise excellent performance and physical change imo. Ailes had a much higher pitched, whinier voice that made him look even more pathetic and sad. Given how well Lihgow played Churchill in The Crown, I think he will be just fine in this role.

Reactions: Tuggy

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not fussy on the 2nd trailer. It's not funny. Not compelling. Seems overdone...

I had to sleep my way to the top but you don't hear me complaining! ;)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
These are the least compelling movies to me. Overly dramatizing a story that wouldn't usually translate to the screen well. Just find them so unbelievably boring.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
These are the least compelling movies to me. Overly dramatizing a story that wouldn't usually translate to the screen well. Just find them so unbelievably boring.
Yes.

Men are evil. Women are victims. We've been there too many times recently for me to find it interesting.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Except the events have been covered closely in real life and we know them to be true.

I was using his language but referring to the accuracy of the portrayal. Everything in a movie might be true without it being the whole truth. Movies based on true stories are notorious at that. It's easy to make someone or something look better or worse by choosing which truths to focus on and which to downplay or omit.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
You hate Fox, so if the film hates Fox, everything in it is probably true. That's a sad summary of our political climate.
I don't hate fox, fox is objectively a piece of shit network. It's not about like/dislike.

Also, you're other post I agree with that there will be the typical storytelling liberties. They already invented Margot Robbie's character.

Not saying it would all be false, but I feel like a Weinstein movie would be more interesting, Hollywood won't touch that one though.
I agree that could be even more interesting.

Reactions: MXD and GarbageGoal

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And instead of just a Fox News bad type movie, tying in the Matt Lauer stuff and the industry in general would make for a more impactful movie IMO.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not saying it would all be false, but I feel like a Weinstein movie would be more interesting, Hollywood won't touch that one though.
Agree.

Either way, my guess, Bombshell will feel like a Made For TV movie - which it probably should have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad