OT: Bombers 2021 Season - Elk Meat = Delicious. 6-1. Hunting Big Game next v Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Great Grey Cup game last night, way to go Bombers you beat Hamilton for the 2nd year in a row . :naughty:

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Good to hear
Hopefully Bryant and Hardrick come back
Wow. That's a brutal list actually.

Must signs: Hardrick, Bryant, Jeffcoat, Alexander, Taylor, Lawler

I could see us losing Jeffcoat which would be brutal. Kyrie Wilson is possibly gone too. Losing either of them would hurt, make no doubt about it.

Some easy re-signs should be older lifers like Neufeld, Harris, Demski

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
with today's COVID vaccine news, I'm guessing that the CFL's breathing a sigh of relief.
I'd assume that they'll go to 50% capacity to start, maybe. maybe not?
will be interesting to see if proof of vaccination would be required.
MLB and CFL will be two leagues that the NHL and (i am serious) the NBA will be watching

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Once you are at your seat spacing out is easy with decreased capacity....Bathrooms and concourses are the big issue in arenas and stadiums...

Reactions: Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hardrick 1st FA signing...

Welcome back Jamarcus... :clap:

We are getting the band back together...

oEVcAK.gif

Looking forward to next CFL Season.... whenever it starts...

Go Blue !!!

120px-Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_Logo.svg.png

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
with today's COVID vaccine news, I'm guessing that the CFL's breathing a sigh of relief.
I'd assume that they'll go to 50% capacity to start, maybe. maybe not?
will be interesting to see if proof of vaccination would be required.
MLB and CFL will be two leagues that the NHL and (i am serious) the NBA will be watching

I renewed my season tickets last week, to be prepared if the situation improves to the point where they can allow fans in at a reduced capacity. The Fan Services and Ticketing Manager told me that season ticket members would be prioritized to attend if this were the case.

Reactions: HannuJ

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Poor Strevler still can't deal with more than one passing option. Good news for the Bombers!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Poor Strevler still can't deal with more than one passing option. Good news for the Bombers!
he still does the "stare at your one target" thing he did in Winnipeg. that interception/pick6 he threw was awful.
know what else was awful? his O line

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Love Strevs but yeah, from his strange release to QB awareness/IQ, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. I cant see him ever being a full time starting QB in the NFL or CFL. He's much more suited to wildcat stuff with the occasional drive thrown in.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Love Strevs but yeah, from his strange release to QB awareness/IQ, his passing leaves a lot to be desired. I cant see him ever being a full time starting QB in the NFL or CFL. He's much more suited to wildcat stuff with the occasional drive thrown in.
And they won’t sprinkle him in as Murray is a running QB. If he could find a coach like Payton in NO and play behind a pocket passer like Brees he could be successful like Taysom Hill.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
And they won’t sprinkle him in as Murray is a running QB. If he could find a coach like Payton in NO and play behind a pocket passer like Brees he could be successful like Taysom Hill.
Yup, he'll never play behind Murray because Murray is better than Streveler at his strength(running/scrambling). Hill is in the perfect situation being behind Brees who is a geriatric 100% pocket passer who cant move. Hill gives them a dimension they have none of with Bress.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The play calling was just brutal. Streveler cant sit back pick apart a defense ala Brees or Brady. You could start to see some of the skills when they gave him a QB draw then in 2nd half they started by rolling him out and he makes a nice pass on the run for a 1st, then a nice quick hitter for a 1st. They were marching. Unfortunately Hopkins decided to have a hissy fit to end the drive (1st and 35 lol). Then Murray reenters.

Hell i think that game goes the EXACT same if Wolford and Streveler switch jerseys (except Streveler could have finished those drives himself, hes a beast at the goalline). You could see McVay using his guys mobility to move the pocket. Let him run to gain confidence. Rolling him out. It helps when your not facing the best defensive player in the NFL (Donald) and the best D in NFL.

Streveler is never gonna be an elite passer, no one has ever claimed that. But he can a solid option in the right situation. Hopefully the NFL doesnt quit on him here. I think he could carve out a career like Taysom Hill, gadget player that gets a few starts here and there over 5-6 years.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The play calling was just brutal. Streveler cant sit back pick apart a defense ala Brees or Brady. You could start to see some of the skills when they gave him a QB draw then in 2nd half they started by rolling him out and he makes a nice pass on the run for a 1st, then a nice quick hitter for a 1st. They were marching. Unfortunately Hopkins decided to have a hissy fit to end the drive (1st and 35 lol). Then Murray reenters.

Hell i think that game goes the EXACT same if Wolford and Streveler switch jerseys (except Streveler could have finished those drives himself, hes a beast at the goalline). You could see McVay using his guys mobility to move the pocket. Let him run to gain confidence. Rolling him out. It helps when your not facing the best defensive player in the NFL (Donald) and the best D in NFL.

Streveler is never gonna be an elite passer, no one has ever claimed that. But he can a solid option in the right situation. Hopefully the NFL doesnt quit on him here. I think he could carve out a career like Taysom Hill, gadget player that gets a few starts here and there over 5-6 years.

Streveler didn't have a lot of help in protection but his decision making, especially the pick 6 to end the 1st half, isn't going to get him any admirers in the NFL, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad