Confirmed with Link: Bolts officially announce nominees for the 2022-2023 Lightning Hall of Fame

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I vote Paul Porter get inducted next! That man is under appreciated for what he does for this team!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Please make this something for every 3-5 years. I have nothing against our past players but we're going to run out in a hurry. We don't have a lot.

Like off the top of my head a guy like Killorn can MAYBE make it in one day because he's been here 10 years and been on 4 Cup runs. That's the amount of merit you're gonna need for a guy without even 500 points. But once you start putting in guys like Rob Zamuner who played half the time Killorn has, is best known for scoring twice in a playoff game vs Philly and was captain for like 10 seconds or Chris Gratton, best known for leaving and coming back like 3 times; you've lost the plot and watered it down for the heart strings. If Pavel Kubina gets lopped in with Roman freaking Hamrlik I'm gonna lose my mind.

Hot take: Andreychuk is not Lightning HOF. If we lose game 6 in Calgary, he joins the Denis Savard discussion as a HOF player who was with us at the end of his career.

Don't you people dare do it

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Nah cmon. It isn't the NHL Hall of Fame. There's nothing to water down and it shouldn't be some huge insurmountable bar to get over. This is more about remembering the past and acknowledging our roots. I don't know about Gratton (he was fairly controversial in the locker room as well), but Zamuner was a beast on the PK with our first ever playoff team I think it's worth recognizing that. Kubina was a top D-man on a cup winner. That's enough for me.

In a fan discord we came up with like 40 names to consider already, so if you had zero standards and did 2 a year it'd take 20 years to get to all of them, and most shouldn't get in as they will be bumped off by newer, better guys. So I don't think the standard will get stretched too far.

Reactions: Bartleby

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
People say a hall of fame is only as strong as its weakest member, but I don't see how they can really replicate it next year.

Who goes next? Rick Peckham? Exciting, but it's not going to be the same draw as Espo, Vinny, and Marty.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
People say a hall of fame is only as strong as its weakest member, but I don't see how they can really replicate it next year.

Who goes next? Rick Peckham? Exciting, but it's not going to be the same draw as Espo, Vinny, and Marty.
I mean not really, but he's right there. He was the voice of the Lightning for what, 25 years? It would be the same for Mishkin. Both have left a huge legacy with this franchise. I'd say after that, you'd be heading to the coaching staff like Mulligan and Kirwan first. Of course, coupled with players whenever their time is up. Rick Peckham absolutely deserves it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I mean not really, but he's right there. He was the voice of the Lightning for what, 25 years? It would be the same for Mishkin. Both have left a huge legacy with this franchise. I'd say after that, you'd be heading to the coaching staff like Mulligan and Kirwan first. Of course, coupled with players whenever their time is up. Rick Peckham absolutely deserves it.
I tend to favor guys who are at least semi-retired or away from the team. I don't think it'll be helpful long term to have a bunch of current guys who somehow become untouchable.

Peckham has the media booth named after him, so it seems inevitable.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Another question is aren't they gonna run out of room adding a big picture and sign for each member to the walls of the rafters?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Peckham is absolutely perfect for a nomination. Hell, Chief and Mishkin are too. It's not that I'm trying to diss guys who aren't gonna be in the HHOF. It's just that you go from Vinny Lecavalier, Marty St. Louis and Father Lightning himself and you're gonna fall off in a hurry. I wasn't keen on the idea of a Lightning HOF because I just don't want it to be where you hand a jacket to anyone. If they weren't here for all that long, I'd hope they had an immeasurable impact in that time like Bishop, Puppa and Khabibulin. Hand it to Ryan Malone and I'll jump off a cliff

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Another question is aren't they gonna run out of room adding a big picture and sign for each member to the walls of the rafters?

I don't think so. You can always build a a gallery. But I also imagine that in about 25 years it'll be time to move on from Amalie. From that point on (assuming we still have Vinik by then) we'll probably build by the old Expo Hall if the land is still available. It wouldn't be the worst idea ever. And for the new area they and make an actual museum-like annex that can be added on to. By that point you'll have Vasy, Kuch, Stamkos, Heddy (maybe) Point will be in the HHOF and hopefully 2/3 more Cups on top of everything else we plan to do. By that point you're not any less prestiged than say the Oilers Penguins or the Islanders

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't think so. You can always build a a gallery. But I also imagine that in about 25 years it'll be time to move on from Amalie. From that point on (assuming we still have Vinik by then) we'll probably build by the old Expo Hall if the land is still available. It wouldn't be the worst idea ever. And for the new area they and make an actual museum-like annex that can be added on to. By that point you'll have Vasy, Kuch, Stamkos, Heddy (maybe) Point will be in the HHOF and hopefully 2/3 more Cups on top of everything else we plan to do. By that point you're not any less prestiged than say the Oilers Penguins or the Islanders
I've figured that a future arena would go where the convention center is now. Not a big move at all, and a similar footprint.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Peckham is absolutely perfect for a nomination. Hell, Chief and Mishkin are too. It's not that I'm trying to diss guys who aren't gonna be in the HHOF. It's just that you go from Vinny Lecavalier, Marty St. Louis and Father Lightning himself and you're gonna fall off in a hurry. I wasn't keen on the idea of a Lightning HOF because I just don't want it to be where you hand a jacket to anyone. If they weren't here for all that long, I'd hope they had an immeasurable impact in that time like Bishop, Puppa and Khabibulin. Hand it to Ryan Malone and I'll jump off a cliff
Torts coached the core into champions. He brought the champion standard to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've figured that a future arena would go where the convention center is now. Not a big move at all, and a similar footprint.

I'm just as good with that too. As long as the Rays can finally stop screwing around and finally build something I'll be happy. Just go with Ybor already. It literally makes too much sense

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Nothing wrong about a ring of honor, but a hall of fame ?

Dont forget this guy!
1679376067055.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad