Confirmed with Link: Bolts officially announce nominees for the 2022-2023 Lightning Hall of Fame

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're doing a team HOF? Can we call it a Ring of Honor or something else instead? A HOF sounds tacky

By the way if we're doing this, year 1 needs to be Espo completely and totally by himself. I don't know the full condition of his health but if we were to lose him any time soon, doing it that way would be the most respectful. Get Rick Peckham to preside as Master Of Ceremonies and for 2-3 hours Phil's family, friends and "his era" Lightning players and staff come up and talk about him. He's the closest thing to deity the Lightning have. You might as well let him have this

As far as I'm concerned this is not up for discussion. He's said it so many times he may as well write it on his gravestone. That playing with Bobby Orr and winning the Stanley Cup wasn't his accomplishment. Our team was. Considering he's a top all time player that's a big friggin deal.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So who would fans vote for? Online votes tend to trend towards recency. Fans from the early 90's probably aren't the demographic to use an app.

Not in this class:
Torts
Bobby Taylor
Vinny Prospal
Chris Gratton
Roman Hamrlik
Dan Boyle

Ryan Callahan is more recent than any of them.

Mikael Andersson has a great case. 7 years as a player and nearly 20 years as a scout for the team. Next year will be 20 years as a scout, so maybe then (I'd prefer current staff to not be eligible yet, except for Espo)
Nigel Kirwan is an obvious inductee.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If I had to pick 4 for the first ballot:
Esposito
Andreychuk
Feaster
Peckham

There's a good variety of contributions to the franchise in here (Founder, Captain, Manager, Broadcaster). After that I would start looking at more players, but I think a team hall of fame should cover all aspects of the franchise.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ok. I think we may be misreading this. The way the HHOF does it is that the people they've already decided are going to be inducted are called 'nominees'. We are nerds on here, so this is how we think.

What Chris Krenn said is, "Nominees were selected by an official 10-person committee & they will vote for the top two nominees."

So what they're saying is that they haven't actually done the vote yet.

It's kind of weird to have the nominees out there like this, and they probably wouldn't do it at all if there wasn't a fan vote (who will presumably pick from the list).

It makes sense to have fewer inductees per class. I think we'll admit that. It gives a day for Espo, and a day for someone else.

A 24-hour news channel would care about 'who has the votes', and I'd think that Andy would get the internet vote right now.

edit: coincidentally, another confusing hockey vote, the Hobey Baker, just opened to the fan vote yesterday. 80 'candidates' become 10 'finalists' becomes 3 'Hat Trick finalists'.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
There is only 1 true answer

i

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Someone please do me a favour and shake Purcell's hands. I need to know if his handshake is limp like every shot he took.
As if he couldn't get more frustrating, it was said the whole time Purcell was here that he had like the 2nd hardest/best (I can't remember which one) shot on the team behind Stamkos but everyone hated that they couldn't get him to use it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad