Proposal: Bolts/Blues

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Don’t see St.Louis being interested in Johnson. I would think they’d want him replaced with Foote. They would be rebuilding if they moved Pie

For the record I can’t see TB doing it either. 2 years left of Pie and they likely couldn’t afford to retain him.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
What does this do for Tampa? The value I think is tilted to towards Tampa. But still we have no need for Pietrangelo.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Value wise... a good trade.

Needs... idk?

Sergachev doesn’t do anything that Petro didn’t do and Johnson would slot in nicely as their 2C.

Petro makes TBLs already ridiculous D into an even scarier D.

Idk... I don’t follow both teams that closely,
But from an outside perspective this looks the be a good deal.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
No real need from Tampa but my gosh could you imagine

Hedman Pietrangelo mcdonaugh on the same team. They could play a true number one damn literally the entire game

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Value wise... a good trade.

Needs... idk?

Sergachev doesn’t do anything that Petro didn’t do and Johnson would slot in nicely as their 2C.

Petro makes TBLs already ridiculous D into an even scarier D.

Idk... I don’t follow both teams that closely,
But from an outside perspective this looks the be a good deal.

Let’s see, which would a team about to enter a cap crunch prefer: the cost-controlled young player still on his ELC with several years of team control remaining, or the $6.5M player who is eight years older and will be a UFA in two years? Not to mention throwing in a very good top six center/winger on a reasonably priced longterm deal who is currently our third leading (second at even strength) goal scorer. This is a horrible deal for Tampa.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Nah, I don't think we need to do this. It's not bad. I just think we're better as we are.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Let’s see, which would a team about to enter a cap crunch prefer: the cost-controlled young player still on his ELC with several years of team control remaining, or the $6.5M player who is eight years older and will be a UFA in two years? Not to mention throwing in a very good top six center/winger on a reasonably priced longterm deal who is currently our third leading (second at even strength) goal scorer. This is a horrible deal for Tampa.
I will refer back to my original post:

Value wise: it’s a good deal

Needs... idk?

Horrible? That’s just the HF way right? Value wise it’s good. Top pairing RHD command A LOT. Think McDonagh cost a lot? Petro will cost TBL a lot more.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I will refer back to my original post:

Value wise: it’s a good deal

Needs... idk?

Horrible? That’s just the HF way right? Value wise it’s good. Top pairing RHD command A LOT. Think McDonagh cost a lot? Petro will cost TBL a lot more.

Two years of Petro doesn’t return Foote, much less Serg and Johnson. We’re talking a future 1D still on his ELC with several years of team control and a damn good top six center/winger on a good longterm deal for two years of an expensive defenseman who hasn’t come close to a Norris? GTFO with that nonsense. We didn’t give up Foote for Karlsson, we damn sure aren’t giving up Serg and Johnson for Petro.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Two years of Petro doesn’t return Foote, much less Serg and Johnson. We’re talking a future 1D still on his ELC with several years of team control and a damn good top six center/winger on a good longterm deal for two years of an expensive defenseman who hasn’t come close to a Norris? GTFO with that nonsense. We didn’t give up Foote for Karlsson, we damn sure aren’t giving up Serg and Johnson for Petro.
Hasn't come close he has been in the top 5 and top 3 before. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I always thought Edmundson was a more likely Target for us from St. Louis. But as everything is going right now for the bolts, I'm not sure how it would work.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
What would St Louis fans want for Edmundson?

I'm just not sure if we could realistically ask for anything that would tempt us to move him. Nor do I really even know what this team needs anymore. I'd say the most enticing piece that Tampa has would be Sergachev but I see no real workable deal around Edmundson and Sergachev that would work for both parties

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'm just not sure if we could realistically ask for anything that would tempt us to move him. Nor do I really even know what this team needs anymore. I'd say the most enticing piece that Tampa has would be Sergachev but I see no real workable deal around Edmundson and Sergachev that would work for both parties
Completely understandable. I see the same on our end. I just really like his game.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Hell no to the O.P. from the Blues. We need to stop the bleeding on defense. An undersized forward and a defensively suspect D prospect for one of the best two-way D in the game doesn't help us much.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Hell no to the O.P. from the Blues. We need to stop the bleeding on defense. An undersized forward and a defensively suspect D prospect for one of the best two-way D in the game doesn't help us much.
Sergachev is not defensively suspect. Otherwise fair points. Don’t see either team doing this deal, Tampa mostly for cap reasons and St. Louis because pietrangelo is not a guy they should be trading right now.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
OEdmondson is a steady and physical defenseman. Blues, in my opinion, can not trade him for bits and pieces. He pretty much anchors the entire left side of our defense. At this point blues should not be trading defense but looking for ways to improve their defense. Best of luck to your team this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Sergachev is not defensively suspect. Otherwise fair points. Don’t see either team doing this deal, Tampa mostly for cap reasons and St. Louis because pietrangelo is not a guy they should be trading right now.

It’s not just the cap but also the fact that Pietrangelo only has two years left on his deal and as such simply does not have anywhere near that sort of value. Tampa wouldn’t make that trade no matter how much cap space they had.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It’s not just the cap but also the fact that Pietrangelo only has two years left on his deal and as such simply does not have anywhere near that sort of value. Tampa wouldn’t make that trade no matter how much cap space they had.
I’d at least consider it. But based on AP’s decline the last couple years I’d probably not do it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I’d at least consider it. But based on AP’s decline the last couple years I’d probably not do it.

You’d also trade Tyler Johnson for a bottom pairing defenseman. Both are things that no professional hockey organization would ever consider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad