Post-Game Talk: Bolts 6, Pens 3: Sid and His AHL All Star Team Come Up Sheary

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
insisting on kunitz on PP or sheary on second pp that could be Sully's demise

They're not gonna fire another coach mid-season, and this organization holds Kunitz in some sort of sainthood.

Besides, if nobody high profile is available this summer, I'd assume Sullivan sticks around for another season anyway.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
We got killed by the Johnson line. I was afraid of that. We were not able to match Sid against them. 4 forwards on the PP backfired which really changed the game. No reason with Geno out to not have Pouliot/Daley/Maatta out there. Pouliot had a decent game. Sundqvist looked like he was puking up nerves all day.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, Kunitz on PP1 is not a good play when you have Daley and Pooh sitting on the bench.

They should've went with a 2D PP1.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
got me thinking, if flower was above the line tonight, this team without geno, fehr and beau and bonino could have easily got at least a point...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
got me thinking, if flower was above the line tonight, this team without geno, fehr and beau and bonino could have easily got at least a point...

About the only positive you can take out of it.
Plus the fact, they need an upgrade for Kunitz, badly.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
What amazes me with the PP is that you can't tell me that Daley, Maatta or Pouliot isn't more likely to contribute to the offense than Chris ****ing Kunitz in 2016. And act more like Malkin in his spot with their, you know, skill and ability.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I mean, it sucks that we're missing Geno, Bonino and Fehr, but it's not like we're icing a 73 year old Kovalev and Letestu as our 1C. We still have Sid, Kessel, Letang and Hornqvist. :laugh:

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Honestly, I put a lot of this one on Fleury. The team was absolutely dominating until they suddenly found themselves down heading into the second. Is it an excuse to play poorly? Obviously not. But it is demoralizing to play that well only to find yourself down because every other shot against is going in. I mean, the goals weren't all directly on him but at some point your starter has to step up and make the big save. Fleury made none tonight.

All that said, Fleury's been a beast the last two seasons so I think he's earned the right to have the odd off night. Let's just hope it doesn't become a trend(I don't think it will).

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I have a feeling Old man river is gonna do some stupid trade soon.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
sid dominated tonight, great possesion and control all night long

kunitz was not praised enough tonight leave it for king and Jay to make it up

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pouliot looks good. And i have no idea where that leaves Cole.is he even movable with that contract?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
sid dominated tonight, great possesion and control all night long

kunitz was not praised enough tonight leave it for king and Jay to make it up

Are they impressed that an NHL player can saucer a 10 foot area pass, or that he could find a wide open Crosby when there was no other play available? The standards they have are so high.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
This about sums it up

2.-Drink-Heavily.png

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kunitz, Crosby and Hornqvist you are not even in this game. +
Hagelin, Cullen and Kessel are the reason this game is lost. -
Wilson, Porter and Sheary what do you expect? =
Kuhnhackl, Sundqvist, Rust same as line 3. =

The entire defense was up and down, as a whole =

- Fleury
=Zatkoff

Edit: I want to add that this is a game you'd expect them to lose missing who they are missing. Enough to scramble the eggs a bit too much.

Last edited:

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Scuderi became Daley, nothing is impossible.

True but at least with Scuderi you can wrap him up in a bunch of "experience" and "mentorship" BS. I'm not sure how you sell Cole. He's not young enough to be a prospect and not old enough to be some experienced leader. He's not physical. He's not some offensive dman with warts. He doesn't give Lovejoy's orgasmic interviews. He's literally just a warm body with a fairly lousy contract. I mean I'd love to be proven wrong but I can't imagine Cole fetching us anything of value. Just getting his contract off the books would be a solid return I guess.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Was at a dinner and couldn't be too rude, but was Kunitz out there on the PP as the 4th ****ing forward on every try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad